am considering going hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its so interesting how the differences work in the chemistry of the nutes. Thg; You say you never have to use PH up and only have to use the Dn. I am just the opposite. From beginning to end, I have to constantly add PH Up to my rez. I have 4 well established plants about 4wks in flower that I just did a full flush with straight water, and then refilled the rez with(30gal) new nuted water at about 1250ppm 6.2PH. I did that yesterday, and today the PH was down to 4.9, but I swear the new buds seem to have doubled in size overnite :)

skullcandy said:
pcduck i am looking over the GHline and am asumming the three part is the flora series and the nova series THG has told me some good things about the GH series for bloom and the nova for grow. do you know of any that are spacificaly made for DWC

I used all 3 in my DWC Micro, Grow, and Bloom of the GH3 Part with great success. 2 weeks into flower I switched over to just Micro and Bloom. Like THG, I also added Cal/Mg once in flower, I also added Diamond Nectar every time.

I have 4 well established plants about 4wks in flower that I just did a full flush with straight water, and then refilled the rez with(30gal) new nuted water at about 1250ppm 6.2PH. I did that yesterday, and today the PH was down to 4.9, but I swear the new buds seem to have doubled in size overnite

Hushpuppy is this happening in DWC with GH 3 part? or some other synthetic nutes?

Hushpuppy said:
Its so interesting how the differences work in the chemistry of the nutes. Thg; You say you never have to use PH up and only have to use the Dn. I am just the opposite. From beginning to end, I have to constantly add PH Up to my rez. I have 4 well established plants about 4wks in flower that I just did a full flush with straight water, and then refilled the rez with(30gal) new nuted water at about 1250ppm 6.2PH. I did that yesterday, and today the PH was down to 4.9, but I swear the new buds seem to have doubled in size overnite :)

What are your ppms doing when the pH drops like that?

I haven't checked it enough to say, but it seems like it doesn't move much throughout the time period between water changes. I'll have to start monitoring that and see if there is a trend.

I suspect the lack of ppm change is due to the nature of the nutrtient compounds including salt or some other unusable mollicule that gets left behind in the solution.

PC; My set up is not DWC, it is a hybrid of top feed, ebb-n-flow, and DWC. I haven't tried the GH nutes, I have been using Advanced Nutrients' Jungle Juice for about a year now and it has always done this. I thought there was a problem but found out that the JJ doesn't have any PH buffers in it.

Hushpuppy said:
found out that the JJ doesn't have any PH buffers in it.

Jungle Juice has calcium carbonate and potassium carbonate, wouldn't these act as a buffer to reduce the pH drop of the Ammonium Nitrates and Phosphates?

What is the pH of your water source?

Most nutes have buffers otherwise their shelf life would be quite short.

have any of you tryed or are currently using the advanced nutrienit micro,grow,bloom i hear it has ph buffers in it, it also is a 3 part from what i read it is simular to the jungle juice with added PH buffers

Never tried it. Sorry

I have had such great results with GH3 part, I have no need to change:)

pcduck i am courious THG saysshe also uses GH flora for grow but not the other flora productes i believe she said the othe nutes are GH series for bloom,micro . do you also use different GH pruducts mixed or just one of them as in all of the flora , or all of the GH series in your opionion whats the way to use them and like i say i am just courious as to how it has worked best for you :)

I use all 3 of the GH 3 Part with fulvic acid and Cal/Mg

2 weeks into bloom I quit using the grow

pcduck said:
Jungle Juice has calcium carbonate and potassium carbonate, wouldn't these act as a buffer to reduce the pH drop of the Ammonium Nitrates and Phosphates?

What is the pH of your water source?

Most nutes have buffers otherwise their shelf life would be quite short.
You may be correct on the Ca and K but I haven't noticed it buffering any. I am monitoring my numbers and keeping notes to see the trends. My source water is really good. About 45-55ppm and 6.8PH. It is well water but has very little mineral content.

I am going to try "again" to see if I can talk to someone at AN about the JJ. They have email but their response to that is call their number, but the last time I did, I ended up on "terminal hold".

i also am looking into jungle juice, it does claim to have all the nutes as GH flora nutes i believe the only difference is that the GH brand has buffers in it inorder to help with the PH , i also did some reading on the advanced nutrienitmicro,grow,bloom they clam to be like jungle juice with buffers and an added nutrient that i can not remember at this moment i do know that i have narrowed my choices down to GH flore 3 part, jungle juice 2 part,and the advantice nutrient micro,grow,bloom also a 3 partto me so far these three brand products appear to be the best for there price and not to mention all the responces i have gotten on two of these three that they give awsome results.

Latest posts

Back