'One Gram per Watt Club'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
headband said:
i just think the true meaning of 1gm/per watt, should obtain to a single plant and a single light.

This is just the part your losing me at.

the widowmaker said:
This is just the part your losing me at.
i lost my self:confused: anyone can get a gram per what, with enough plants, try getting a gram per watt using one plant.

headband said:
i lost my self:confused: anyone can get a gram per what, with enough plants, try getting a gram per watt using one plant.

maybe but not everyone wants to wait a few months for one plant to find out

yes, but i dont think everyone could accomplish 1 gram per watt that way, but its possible. Thats the real test.

headband said:
yes, but i dont think everyone could accomplish 1 gram per watt that way, but its possible. Thats the real test.

It would be near impossible and would put practically everyone out apart from one test grow

the widowmaker said:
what about if you grew the plant sideways?

say you get a rockwool cube and you plant your seedling in it, flip the cube on its side and then the plant should auto correct itself and start growin upwards, go through the whole of veg like this until you come to flower and then flip back up all the branches should point upwards and grow to the light and give you a better yield.

Hey WM - That's what I'm trying to achieve by topping and LST. Except that my grow is not like what you described by the big fat single colas in a sea of green. My plant is spread out and evenly distributed to get the most out of the single 150 watt bulb mounted horizontally.

Here she is at this thread. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=195107&postcount=2

She's in week six of flower and will let her go for 3 more. She may surprise me - but I dunno.:confused:

Shouldn't the time the lights are on account for something? :confused2:
first grow: ~90g / 432 watts = .2g per watt :D

we do good if we get 1gm per 5 watts

Right on :farm:

As I understand it from reading around. It is supposed to be grams per watt per month. 1 gram per watt over 2 months is pretty easy to do. If you are flowering for 2 months you need 2 grams per watt to equal 1 gram per watt.
Maybe I am wrong.
Now I will have to reread the thread I had read on another forum.

I don't think time has got anything to do with it. A gram per watt is a gram per watt no matter how long the grow takes.

Best I've done is .65 grams per watt.

kasgrow said:
As I understand it from reading around. It is supposed to be grams per watt per month. 1 gram per watt over 2 months is pretty easy to do. If you are flowering for 2 months you need 2 grams per watt to equal 1 gram per watt.
Maybe I am wrong.
Now I will have to reread the thread I had read on another forum.

Its 1 gram per watt no matter how long you flower for, you cant flower in a month anyways.

I would be so happy to get 1 gram per watt

i got a room with 3,000 watts, and a/c which keeps it 75 degrees all day..i grow 6 plants but i split my room into 2. 1 side has the 3,000 watts, one side completely dark. i veg about 6 weeks with the 3,000 until they are about 2 feet tall bush's. i dont top all i do is stretch the branch's down and power crop which is squeezing the stem until it pops to make thicker stronger bushier plants. after 6 weeks veg i then put them in flower by switching the rooms every 12 hours. so now i got one side room with 3 plant and the other with 3. so each [plant gets 1,000 watts of light during flower. its just a pain in the *** to switch all plant twice a day. anyways i yeild about 20 O's a plant and i always only flower for 6 weeks.. yes its a little early but when plants have good weight then you gotta do what ya gotta do.. so whole cycle from 8 inch clone to harvest is 12 weeks.. so i average 100 O's per 12 weeks on 3,000 watts..

I think Im gettin a little less than a half gram per watt.. 1per would be super cool.

last grow was .94 grams per watt. I bet I could get it up over 1. SOG in hydro is the only way I can get close. And no I do not use CO2.

And yes, the 600 watt light is the most efficient HPS light you can buy because it produces the most lumens to watt of any sized HPS light.

Widowmaker that video has been removed from YouTube.

I am in the process of trying to grow plants upside down so that I can take advantage of the space around the cool tubes where lights is being lost. Red Diesel SCROG upside down journal in the journal section....didn't think about trying it sideways though.

Theres been fair bit of debate on here about the whole upside down thing.
I'm undecided, did have a stoned idea about doing a grow with rockwool on the walls as well as a grow on the floor but i dont think i'll be trying it lol

I am completely convinced it can be done. I was doing a journal with two seed plants but they both showed male. I was able to keep them growing upside down for over a week though before they showed male. There are some major hurdles to overcome in the process and you are never going to produce something as nice as what you can do naturally with the plant below the light, but I am convinced it cane be done and in a limited space grow anything you can produce besides what you grow on the ground is bonus weed.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42027

I really like the vertical grow designs such as the coliseum that take advantage of the light emitting from the bulb in all directions, but in this system you are always only lighting one side of your crop.

Mary_GreenThumb_Jane said:
i got a room with 3,000 watts, and a/c which keeps it 75 degrees all day..i grow 6 plants but i split my room into 2. 1 side has the 3,000 watts, one side completely dark. i veg about 6 weeks with the 3,000 until they are about 2 feet tall bush's. i dont top all i do is stretch the branch's down and power crop which is squeezing the stem until it pops to make thicker stronger bushier plants. after 6 weeks veg i then put them in flower by switching the rooms every 12 hours. so now i got one side room with 3 plant and the other with 3. so each [plant gets 1,000 watts of light during flower. its just a pain in the *** to switch all plant twice a day. anyways i yeild about 20 O's a plant and i always only flower for 6 weeks.. yes its a little early but when plants have good weight then you gotta do what ya gotta do.. so whole cycle from 8 inch clone to harvest is 12 weeks.. so i average 100 O's per 12 weeks on 3,000 watts..

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

1 gram per watt is very doable. I regard that as normal in fact. I'd like to do better than that but I don't think I will.

Latest posts

Back