'One Gram per Watt Club'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a 600 does have as many lumens as a thousand, but less penetration.

Your canopy will be 12 to 16 inches, when under a 1000 its around 18 to 21 inches. Strain specific.

what do you mean?

600 is 90,000 lumens

1000 is 140,000 lumens

why do you say they are the same?

yea i dont really understand that either, do you mean a 600W at 12 inches gives you the same lumens as a 1000W at 20 inches?

the widowmaker said:
my setup is 4 x 600w hps which = 2400watts

this is a plant that is quite standard for my method of growing its only at 18 or so days of flowering and has another 50 to go

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=49271&d=1203807910

these plants are weighing in at a dry weigh
t of around 4 ounces, i'm using co2 a hydroponic setup with temps at around 93 deg f

I'm currently growing 45 plants under the lights i have

I did say that i expect to achieve 4 ounces a plant but to make it more reasonable I will drop this to an average of 3 ounces per plant which as you can see from the pic above is not unreasonable.

45 plants x 3 ounces = 135 ounces
135 ounces x 28 = 3780 g

3780grams / 2400 watts = 1.57.

I know you might find this unbelievable as the figures are crazy but this is real and this is what i get no lies.

WIDOWMAKER--Im dying to see that pic...but I kept getting the "invalid attachment" thing. Can you re-post it?

Thanks, and man...you ARE the Man. Jeeez.

Id prolly wet my britches if I got half your yeild.

Lass

the widowmaker said:
It was me that grew the plant sideways.

The cola is without a doubt the best piece of weed on the plant so the best way to get your 1 gram per watt and get the quality is to grow from clone flower early and just grow budsicles. Cram them in right and you could easily break that 1 gram. Its always possible its just figuring out how to work it.

Oh BABY! Now THAT's what Im talking about! YOU grew the sideways? Feaking brilliant. But...you also trimmed em up, lollipop style? So...you had sideways lollipop plants....Then when you go into 12/12, you put them back to upright, except when they're upright, they're really horizontal? Is that right?

Didnt happen to be White Widow, was it? Man... So...at finish how tall (or "long", as the case may be)are the plants?

Lass

Puffin Afatty said:
I can assure you Hippy 1 gm/watt is no problem.

for example: imagine my last sog grow, 16 ICE plants in a 4x4 grid pattern, 10 inches apart. every plant is within the effective range of the 430w SonAgro HPS. each will be trimmed to allow only the top colas to grow. each plant will produce a 18-20 inch cola yielding between 75 and 125 grams dry. Do the math and you get 1600 gm on average. Well over the 1 gram per watt standard. almost any indica can be done in an efficient sog style. Perhaps I'll do a blue misty sog style after SnowWhite??

PUFFIN--why only Indica? Sativa doesnt work in a SOG? Why?

Lass

lass
I heard that some sativa's do very well in sog, if kept to the stalk, look at neville berry, sativa dominant, and grows softball bats, when kept single cola, the indies are known to do better in sog, because the plant stays shorter (saving room, if space restricted) and the light penetrates the sog better (tops and base arent as far apart) allowing for the packing on of fatter material. Sog growers are typically trying to maximize their space, so a shorter plant that doesnt flower as long as most sativas do, is also beneficial. notice below, this is 13 weeks of flower, and will hit the ceiling, why not go with a 7 week flower, short indie, by the time this plant is done, a sog grower is allready beginning to flower the second batch, with the first batch allready dried and cured. All though if you got time and space, the below sounds wicked.

Seedism NevilleBerry feminized

This is an unparalleled THC bomb with massive buds, producing yields comparable to most heavy Indica strains available.

You will notice its extreme growing vigor as soon as they start their vegetative cycle and you should not let them grow too long when you do not want to end up with your plants touching the ceiling.

The breeder of this strain is an experienced breeder and has produced multiple (cup winning) Haze strains, the NevilleBerry is a project he worked on for a while to see if it is possible to improve the already fantastic Neville's Haze, by adding the right Blueberry male he added something special to this strain. You will not have to search for female plants because the NevilleBerry seeds are 100% female.

NevilleBerry has the growth of a Sativa with the bud structure from a Blueberry; the buds grow all along the stems and need support as soon as the flowers start developing. The flowering cycle takes between 11-13 weeks depending on the environment created.

There are only a limited amount of these seeds available.

Genetics - Neville's Haze x Blueberry
Flowering Time - 11 - 13 weeks
Yield - High

nevilleberry-w.jpg

headband said:
thats what im saying, i just think the true meaning of 1gm/per watt, should obtain to a single plant and a single light. I definitely know what your going at, i just think the more light the better, not saying you dont trim the weeny branchs or do some serious lst and long veg time, just check out Puffin Afattys regenertaion 5. I think what you got going is sick, I just think anyone can accomplish 1g/per watt even with cfl depending on how big your going. :shocked:

HEADBAND--well...have you broken the 1gm/watt barrier?

Let alone beat it?

Lass

dirtysox said:
lass
I heard that some sativa's do very well in sog, if kept to the stalk, look at neville berry, sativa dominant, and grows softball bats, when kept single cola, the indies are known to do better in sog, because the plant stays shorter (saving room, if space restricted) and the light penetrates the sog better (tops and base arent as far apart) allowing for the packing on of fatter material. Sog growers are typically trying to maximize their space, so a shorter plant that doesnt flower as long as most sativas do, is also beneficial. notice below, this is 13 weeks of flower, and will hit the ceiling, why not go with a 7 week flower, short indie, by the time this plant is done, a sog grower is allready beginning to flower the second batch, with the first batch allready dried and cured. All though if you got time and space, the below sounds wicked.

Seedism NevilleBerry feminized

This is an unparalleled THC bomb with massive buds, producing yields comparable to most heavy Indica strains available.

You will notice its extreme growing vigor as soon as they start their vegetative cycle and you should not let them grow too long when you do not want to end up with your plants touching the ceiling.

The breeder of this strain is an experienced breeder and has produced multiple (cup winning) Haze strains, the NevilleBerry is a project he worked on for a while to see if it is possible to improve the already fantastic Neville's Haze, by adding the right Blueberry male he added something special to this strain. You will not have to search for female plants because the NevilleBerry seeds are 100% female.

NevilleBerry has the growth of a Sativa with the bud structure from a Blueberry; the buds grow all along the stems and need support as soon as the flowers start developing. The flowering cycle takes between 11-13 weeks depending on the environment created.

There are only a limited amount of these seeds available.

Genetics - Neville's Haze x Blueberry
Flowering Time - 11 - 13 weeks
Yield - High

DIRTYSOX--O Lawdy! The NevilleBerry looks kind of like a wet dream...but Im confused. You said to go for a short plant with a 7 week flower...but the NevilleBerry is bigish and has a LONG-*** flower time...? Looking at it, Id say it's worth the wait. Can you tell me where to order the NevilleBerry? Would it be suitable for a single-cola SOG? Ive never bought feminized seeds and several posts in here have reccomended not to. What is your thinking on that?

Im currently in my 2nd week of flower with six White Widows, which I believe are Sativa dominant...? They are kind of...sparse in their growing habit, with not much in the way of side branching...so I thought they would be fine for trimming up for single cola next time, in a SOG. I say "next time", because all six were topped when only about three weeks old and they all have double colas. Well...five do. Plus, they're all in 2 gal pots, so only six will fit under my 600 w HPS. Next grow, Id like to try a different strain (and the NevilleBerry sounds like IT!), but more plants in smaller containers. (Im experimenting with using 2 liter soda bottles Hempy style. The plants in the soda bottle hempys are only a month old, and are fine, so far, but it's too early to say whether they will work over the long haul.

BLESS you! That NB is prettier than a speckled blue-eyed pup.

Lass

That info came right off of attitude's web site, search attitude bank in google, and then once you have the page, look at seedism (the farm who produces the strain), or you can search for seedism seeds and see if they give you a better deal. One week after placing an order on something else with attitude, these showed as feminised, until just recently I believe (not 100%) the attitude sold them as unsexed! Get them now, before they go back!

As far as feminized: cant speak for anyone else, but I have had 100% success with 30 seeds being female, but I also heard they are prone to turning hermaphodite, with that being said, if the nevilleberry would have been advertised as fem 2 weeks ago, (again, could be wrong) or if I would have seen it, I would have gotten it.

To make it simple, if you want to wait for some super taste tester type stuff that takes longer to cook, go for it. My point was that sativa can go sog, but it kinda defeats the purpose of the sog, which is: alot of buds quickly. With neville you still get alot buds but it takes an additional 35 days later to harvest. In 35 days, with a "quick indy", I could have dried and cured batch 1 and be 1 week into flowering batch 2. Because you would have taken your cuttings and vegged for 4 weeks allready (estimate) on the second batch, while the first batch was begginning to flower, and the process repeats again and again.

Research on how to trim for a sog, and look at net trellis or stakes to hold those softball bats up, yes, it is good for sog, if you have good lighting> because of how tall they get. Remember the fast indie will allow one to actually smoke cured product up to 6 weeks earlier before the neville, however, when the neville is done, well.... haze x blueberry??? you tell me

dirtysox said:
That info came right off of attitude's web site, search attitude bank in google, and then once you have the page, look at seedism (the farm who produces the strain), or you can search for seedism seeds and see if they give you a better deal. One week after placing an order on something else with attitude, these showed as feminised, until just recently I believe (not 100%) the attitude sold them as unsexed! Get them now, before they go back!

As far as feminized: cant speak for anyone else, but I have had 100% success with 30 seeds being female, but I also heard they are prone to turning hermaphodite, with that being said, if the nevilleberry would have been advertised as fem 2 weeks ago, (again, could be wrong) or if I would have seen it, I would have gotten it.

To make it simple, if you want to wait for some super taste tester type stuff that takes longer to cook, go for it. My point was that sativa can go sog, but it kinda defeats the purpose of the sog, which is: alot of buds quickly. With neville you still get alot buds but it takes an additional 35 days later to harvest. In 35 days, with a "quick indy", I could have dried and cured batch 1 and be 1 week into flowering batch 2. Because you would have taken your cuttings and vegged for 4 weeks allready (estimate) on the second batch, while the first batch was begginning to flower, and the process repeats again and again.

Research on how to trim for a sog, and look at net trellis or stakes to hold those softball bats up, yes, it is good for sog, if you have good lighting> because of how tall they get. Remember the fast indie will allow one to actually smoke cured product up to 6 weeks earlier before the neville, however, when the neville is done, well.... haze x blueberry??? you tell me

I get it. The one thing you can count on is, Time WILL pass, if you aint dead, LOL. Nothing wrong with having a few NB's flowering along while a few shorter-flowering plants are already ready to harvest...Variety being the old Spice of Life, as they say. Thanks again--Im having a psychic flash...I see some NevilleBerry in my future...

You rock.

Lass

yep thats a good idea, mybe have a low canopy with one light and then your softball bats on another.. you you very smart
for the record.... a friend found nevilles:bong2: berries

the widowmaker said:
my setup is 4 x 600w hps which = 2400watts

this is a plant that is quite standard for my method of growing its only at 18 or so days of flowering and has another 50 to go

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=49271&d=1203807910

these plants are weighing in at a dry weigh
t of around 4 ounces, i'm using co2 a hydroponic setup with temps at around 93 deg f

I'm currently growing 45 plants under the lights i have

I did say that i expect to achieve 4 ounces a plant but to make it more reasonable I will drop this to an average of 3 ounces per plant which as you can see from the pic above is not unreasonable.

45 plants x 3 ounces = 135 ounces
135 ounces x 28 = 3780 g

3780grams / 2400 watts = 1.57.

I know you might find this unbelievable as the figures are crazy but this is real and this is what i get no lies.

What really is going on here is that you are really spending .635 watts on one gram.

So 2 grams cost you 1.27 watts.

My rule is 100w per plant past 500-600w:)

I would think that 45 plants would need 4000w at least.

Nice.. what he's really doing is giving less watts and getting more grams... He was trying to trick me?? haha

I find it funny that the picture of this "legendary setup" is an invalid link... Kind of reminds me of the G-13 pick with mini bic that was going around with the guy claiming that you could double your yield with the strain.

big *** fish stories if i dont see pics!!! 4 pages of talk and invalid pics.:postpicsworthless:

The broken link is most likely a result of the crash and all those posts we lost....I know I lost over 4000 posts myself so let's not break out the conspiracy theories yet...lol

How many lumens you need is dictated by grow space not the number of plants....jmo

I don't think time has obtained something to hold out with it. A gram every watt is severely a gram every watt no issue how lengthy the develop takes.
Best I've finished is .65 grams every watt.

SOG DWC. Bubba Kush=3.2gm/watt Chem Dawg 2.8gm/watt Cough 1.8 gm/watt. All depends on the strain.1gm/watt is easy, though. Keep your eyes peeled for "grow cups"...I'll show you how!
§

Dear stuball

Please send me your magic grow wand....lol...

I hit 2 grams/watt on the jack but I have to let it get big. I mean a month long veg after rooting in a 5 gallon bucket then flipped to flower.

Latest posts

Back