Feminized Seeds: Kill or share the buzz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has feminized seeds ever herm on you?

• Yes, she flashed me a nanner

• No, %100 lady's

• Yes but it was most likley my own fault (light leak etc...)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Caretaker

Rx THC
Reaction score
There are to many random threads talking about feminized seeds. To much shotty mixed information that should be pieced together. I want to see how many people have bought feminized seeds and had it herm on you for a reason that wasnt your fault. If you bought feminized seeds and had a good experiance post that to. Mention the breeder and the strain and we might be able to get down to who has the good seeds and who has the ones that carry hermy traits. If done right this should either ultimatly tell us if they are garbage or if they are worth the cash. Lets vote and let the story be told.

It seems someone knew what they were doing when they came up with the idea of feminizing seeds. But as always there is someone wanting to do it the cheapest way and make the most money. I bet there is a way to do this that will result in %100 perfect ladys. But then there are breeders most likley taking short cuts. I garuntee if anyone had these seeds herm on them if you post it there will be an abundance of the same breeder and strain.

I'm currently germinating 1 G-13 "quicksilver" auto-flowering feminized seed that i got free from Attitude with my order.
I'll let you know how it turns out in a few weeks, as i think it only needs 2-3 weeks to show sex.

Thats what I am talking about. With all this hermy info about fem seeds some people might be thinking twice about something they really want for no reason. We just need to let them know where to get it and where not to get it. Also I was hoping to add another option to the pole. One for people that dont have or wont buy the seeds. If a mod could do that because I dont think I can.

No one has nothing to put in here about there story with fem seeds? I have noticed alot of people telling someone not to get them because they herm but it seems like they are just saying what they heard and dont have anything to back it up. If they hermed as bad as people claim on this site the seed companys would not sell them, Especially for more than regular seeds.

Caretaker said:
No one has nothing to put in here about there story with fem seeds? I have noticed alot of people telling someone not to get them because they herm but it seems like they are just saying what they heard and dont have anything to back it up. .

Well, fem'd seeds come from hermie genetics, so that is likely the source of alot of the negative reputation that fem'd seeds seem to have,

but I'd be willing to bet that most of the people who sware they hermie either bought from crappy breeders or stressed the plants somehow.

Ive grown g-13 labs femm'd and Greenhouse Seeds Femm'd with 100% female;)

As i stated, i have 4 poison dwarf auto seeds in water now. They ALL have sprouted.
I recieved 1 free quicksilver auto FEMINIZED seed ( the others were regular
) and its in a seperate cup in water placed excatly the same time as the other 4. It has not sprouted yet. I'm not to worried, it looks white around the crack and i think she's just a little shy. I'll try talking to her later when i take others to plant. My journal will start in a couple hours on these.

I have had no problems with hermies. My first grow was fem LR#2. I messed that stuff up. I had no idea what lowryders really were. I had someone trying to tell me to "trim" my plants every week. I had light leaks. It was crazy. Great smoke, NOT a great yield. BUT no hermies. I have four going now (lost one along the way) and we are about 6 weeks in, no sign of hermies. But, I take a lot better care of my girls now.

This is what I am talking about. Every thread I have read on here about fem seeds has had people talking about how they herm and there not worth it because of that. It really made me not want them. I am now thinking more highly of them. I noticed a few companys give them away as a freebie so I wont be so discouraged its a fem seed if I make an order.

I'd be willing to bet that most of the people who sware they hermie either bought from crappy breeders or stressed the plants somehow.
I had my first hermies from fems recently. Wasn't my usual fem breeder and only those hermed. I'm not gonna sling poo at them but I won't be growing anymore of their fems either:p. Imo, if you buy from a breeder who makes them correctly you will never see a herm. If you want good quality fems try SweetSeeds or OG Raskals' genetics. Never had a herm from any of their fems:).

My femmed trainwreck from BCSeeds.com hermied on me, they were free beans and I guess you get what you pay for lol. I should remember to update my seedbank review.

So i'm crusing attitudes website and come across this.

Dinafem
Specializing with feminized, Dinafem Spanish marijuana seeds

There was a pic but it did not copy/paste.

My point is this compnay only does feminized seeds as it implies in it's NAME.
So, if the whole company is still in business and built around fem's, then it seems to me they know they are doing and have sucess at it.
I think fems get a bad name because people are'nt used to them yet, like a new product on the market sometimes takes time to be accepted.

mrkingford said:
My point is this company only does feminized seeds as it implies in it's NAME.
So, if the whole company is still in business and built around fem's, then it seems to me they know they are doing and have sucess at it.
I think fems get a bad name because people are'nt used to them yet, like a new product on the market sometimes takes time to be accepted.

I have been around a long time and saw the initial marketing of Auto plants, they got the same bad press as Fems are getting, the Auto's have now proven thier worth and are here to stay, Fem seeds will eventually prove the same.

I have never grown a Fem seed, but have a freebie G13 Pure Gold from Attitude, it will be grown this year, it will be interesting to pollinate it to see what traits are passed on in the new seeds.

You cant get away from the fact that if you have a small space to grow in and you know ALL your plants will be female, it gives you a huge advantage knowing you will have no males to cull.

I can see Fem seeds overtaking normal 'pot luck' seeds and the 'pot luck' seeds will come down in price.

Which will be advantageous to everyone.

:peace:

My little story about my Fem experience

Mind you this was about 7 years ago, when the fems were first getting around, so maybe they have got better.

I bought Feminized Skywalker from DP. Popped them all, found my keepers and made moms.
The first click was just fine..a few seeds here and there, but not bad, no big deal. These were the original seedlings from the pack.

Now, the second click was all clones from the mothers I made from the Fem beans. Long sstory short, we had a pretty big show and blew up the clones, about 60 of them.

7 weeks into it, we tossed out all the plants and bud. It had seeded HORRIBLY, like I have never seen. Most all the plants had morphed and with the high cirulation we had, it just polinated the whole room.

I will never buy fems again myself.

I think if you were to do a single run, them fem beans would be ok, but not for me.

Tha brings another good point to this thread. Because they do have hermy genes somewere in them it might not be a good idea to have a second generation of the same femmed plant. Clones of a femmed plant will most likley show the weaker genes. That being said if you cant clone it then thats an expensive habit to have to buy some femmed seeds for every grow. Can a femmed plant be %100 stable without showing herm signs even when cloned mutliple times?

Tha brings another good point to this thread. Because they do have hermy genes somewere in them it might not be a good idea to have a second generation of the same femmed plant.

All marijuana plants carry the genetic ability to hermy even if you can't induce it to hermy through light stress or other grow induced stress the trait can always be made to show through chemical stress. This is a very important distiction when talking about feminized seed as it is the foundation for all quality feminized seed. Taking a plant that will not hermy even under the most vicious of physical stresses and inducing the trait through chemical means.

I guess maybe there was something accomplished in this thread. So far theres almost 3x more people not have a Femmed seed herm. But thats still not that great. I was looking for something to either show femmed seeds are great or to not even bother. They kinda alot of money to just buy and not know exactly about them.

Latest posts

Back