what time of day to harvest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bshack79

Reaction score
I know there is a very detailed thread about when to harvest and If I missed it Im sorry but does anybody know what time of day should you harvest? Does it matter if you do it right when the lights (Sun) comes on? will it make a difference at all???

It has to be exact at 2:14 pm or the thc won't be any good.

Ha! Just kidding!

Plants can't read a clock. They have no idea what "time" it is.

Of course, you'll get answers ranging from "Just after your lights go out" to "Just before your lights come on" to "When the moon is at it's highest".

I like to do it in the morning when I'm fresh, so I can pick all the largest fan leaves off while it's wet. In my mind, that makes it dry faster and more uniformly.

After drying, I remove all the stems and the rest of the smaller fan leaves before putting it in one gallon baggies to cure.

stoney do you avoid watering the plant the day or two before harvest so its dryer? thanks..

2Dog said:
stoney do you avoid watering the plant the day or two before harvest so its dryer? thanks..

No. I don't flush, starve or stop watering.

I just let my ebb and flow system run like normal until I shut it off and chop the main stems. Then I take each branch off, pull off the largest fan leaves and hang it in an air conditioned room until it's dry to my liking.

I was thinking about trying reveg on my bubblegum..but who knows. we shal see...;)

What Stoney said....
Being fresh and ready to clip is a head start on a process that can take a long time or little time, depending on how many and how big of plant you are chopping. I like to have my reading glasses handy too....you can pick up a pair at any pharmacy.

I want a monocle.. hehe

look like this when I trim lmao...........

mon.jpg

Personally, I like to harvest in the morning. No reason other tha its a lot of work and I need all day.

I dont water a day or two before harvest, just takes some time off drying, no other reason.

I use a trim-pro to get the big fan leaves.
Hand the branches in my drying room with a dehumidifier, wich also shaves time off drying.
Once they are ready, I dr branch everything, put in paper bags, shake a few times and that usually takes care of most of the leaf.
An hour or two per hp to make it pretty, then its into the glass mason jars for curing.

...do not cure your weed in plastic...anything.

The Effen Gee said:
...do not cure your weed in plastic...anything.
Ha! I've been curing weed in plastic for many, many years. I've never had a complaint. hehe

Gallon baggies work just fine for me. I guess that's one of those personal choices. Over the years, I guess a few hundred people have smoked my gallon baggie cured weed and no one has ever mentioned anything but great results.

Now, some plastics like the thick gallon jars sometimes have a *smell* to them. I wouldn't put anything in that kind.

But the baggies are of food grade plastic that is made to NOT impart flavors to anything. They're made to store even the mildest foods in without tainting the flavors.

After years of using them for curing weed, I can vouch for them 100%

jorge cervantes says to harvest in the morning because the thc content is highest then...

just what i read...

benamucc said:
jorge cervantes says to harvest in the morning because the thc content is highest then...

just what i read...
I would love to hear his reasoning. Everything I know about marijuana says that that makes no sense.

I mean, first of all, how would an inside plant know if it's morning or not?

Or, if he means to harvest just before the lights come on and the thc would be stronger?

I'd have to see something that proves that one. Jorge and I disagree on lots of things he says.

Same with Rosenthal.

So far, I've never seen anything that Clark has said that I could disagree with in any way. I thing Clark is one of, if not *the* most knowledgeable people in the world about MJ.

I harvest starting at midnight and work all the way until i finish. I cut until done and the buds are ready to dry and cure. I trim it all first and it drys faster. Plus I can start to wash out the hash (ISO) with the trim. I flush with straight distilled water for the last week and starve it for 2 days.
It dries in 3 total and smokes in 7. Cure 7 days up to 2 months.
Reason I harvest at 12 am is the smell. ;)

A .lb of OG will stink up the whole hood!

OGKushman said:
Reason I harvest at 12 am is the smell. ;)

A .lb of OG will stink up the whole hood!

Now THERE'S an explanation I can go with!

StoneyBud said:
After drying, I remove all the stems and the rest of the smaller fan leaves before putting it in one gallon baggies to cure.

What happen to the Hanging the plant upside down for a week.?
Is that a myth.! ;)

Flyinghigh said:
What happen to the Hanging the plant upside down for a week.?
Is that a myth.! ;)

Stoneybud said:

I guess you missed the part that says: "AFTER DRYING"

You were so intent on getting the "myth" humor in there, you didn't read what you were posting. Yer killin me!

StoneyBud said:
[/i]

I guess you missed the part that says: "AFTER DRYING"

You were so intent on getting the "myth" humor in there, you didn't read what you were posting. Yer killin me!

:D Just seeing if your awake or baked. ;)

For outdoor growers: Your ultimate goal is to harvest during the THC peak because if you harvest too early, then you won’t get the full benefits of your labor. The best time to harvest is during a full moon cycle, early morning at dawn about 5:30am. There will be a full harvest moon on October 5, 2009 @ 5:30am, which will alert everyone to harvest your MJ plants, if they are matured enough. Look up to the heavens Sunday evening and if you see a bright orange moon, it will be a good signs to cut and begin curing your harvest this Monday morning (before dawn) .Farmers always harvest on a full moon cycle, and there is a reason for that! If your crops are outdoors, harvest them at the same time your local farmer harvest his final harvest cycle. I would suggest harvesting the morning after there is a harvest full moon in the night sky mid October (when the moon is orange/red). Just how the full moon has many chemical effects to human hormones, it also has chemical effects to plants in similar ways, like THC peaks. And just like humans, plants have more energy during the morning hours rather then when they have in the afternoon. Never harvest while photosynthesis is taking place because all of the hormones are converted down into the roots.

i like to do it in the hrs everyone is sleeping idk why i just feel more comfortable smoke one an turn on some music or t.v an trim trim trim till the sun comes up :hubba:

I always harvest on a full moon night. This is when the trichs reach their peak potency. Anyone can do it - just work backwards from the desired full moon harvest date to the germination date, accounting for the desired length of the veg period and the breeder recommended flowering period. Keep in mind that the mind control satellite signal is strongest at full moon (for some highly technical reasons ) so you will need your deflector beanie. If you can get lightning to hit the buds just before harvest then you've hit a home run and will become a legend in the mj grower community! That bud will top shelf.

Latest posts

Back