ferti-lome question for potting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budculese

Reaction score
i'm still looking for a potting mix and today i saw "ferti-lome" ready to use "high performance mix" it's 1.0-0.2-0.8 would this be a good mix to start seedlings in and then potted plants?

I don't like haveing my soil be pre-nuted. Try to find something that does not have time release ferts in it. It may be hard to do this time of yr...but I did see that some of the stores are getting ready for spring. If you don't have a hydro store nearby, try some local greenhouses.

If it comes down to it and you can't find a good hydro or greenhouse store you can always pick up a few bags of MG seed starting mix at lowe's or home depot and just get a full line of nutes online.

I'm using some MG seed starting mix right now with one of my plant's to compare some different soils and for nutes I'm using Earth Juice for the first time. You can just play around with some bagseed for your first few grows to get used to the soil if you ever decide to use it.

I for sure wouldn't use that for seedlings, might be too hot.

As hug-a-nug :)D ), suggested get some seed starting mix for the beans.

Practicing on bagseeds is a good idea. Get to where you can grow to the third or 4th set of true leaves before using the expensive store bought ones.

Pre nuted soils are generally not a good idea.

DD

Latest posts

Back