PH during flush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tap is about 7.0 so if i am feeding 5.8 and then i quickly change to 7.0 omg that is one big change got it got it got it got it ?????:??

This is from the article you have posted and posted and posted.

"The easiest way I have found to deal with pH is to simply not obsess with it. Most solutions that are well balanced and contain about 10-15% of the nitrogen as ammonium and about 20-40 ppm of phosphorous will adequately contain pH within the 5.5 to 7 pH region from the beginning of your nutrient cycle to the time when the nutrient solution has to be changed."

So it would seem that from your own source a swing in pH from 5.5 to 7 is okay. But on a side note, I do not trust a source that says that a pH of 7 is okay for hydro.

And there is not need for obscenities. Please read the site rules. We are adults here and as such should be able to express ourselves with wallowing around in the gutter.

dman1234 said:
i wonder who you really are???

stardust1000 is biggerbuds.

I can tell by the pm's that he sent me.

v35b said:
Sorry I started this thread.

There is no reason to be sorry:)

Some members just are not capable of discussing topics in a gentlemen/lady like fashion. :doh:

You are not responsible for other members actions:cool:

hey buds are you ok ? why is everyone being so horrible to this guy he has a good point & as far as i know its true what he says

oh well

iamgod said:
hey buds are you ok ? why is everyone being so horrible to this guy he has a good point & as far as i know its true what he says

oh well

The posts he has made with obscenities have been deleted. The forum has rules and those that do not wish to abide by them are asked to leave.

iamgod said:

oh well

You wldnt happen to be buds also now wld ya? Just signed up and half of your posts are as a buds fanboy....hmmmmm

Hamster Lewis said:
You wldnt happen to be buds also now wld ya? Just signed up and half of your posts are as a buds fanboy....hmmmmm

reading my mind again HL.

Hamster Lewis said:

Thats what i was thinking. If he wants to join again and behave i doubt anyone would have a problem. If not welcome to a new member.

MPers what going on, yes bigger and the new "members" are going over board but i dont think there a need for all of this crap this isnt the place i first joined some of the post buy real MPer's are just as childish as bigger's
WHAT THE COOK IS GOING ON PEEPS CHILL OUT FORGET IT ITS A COMP SCREEN
peace fruity

Jericho said:
Thats what i was thinking. If he wants to join again and behave i doubt anyone would have a problem. If not welcome to a new member.

dman1234 said:
reading my mind again HL.

Trolls have made us cynical I see.....:D

pcduck said:
How would flushing get rid of nutes already in the plant? :confused2:
The plant would use stored nutrients while the flush was taking place...

if the plant is overfeed the first thing you do in hydro is get aload of pure water PH it up and then you pure it through the root zone to flush all the built up nutes away untill the run off EC drops to a low level ok

then you throw that lot away and make a new tank up of pure water again and and PH it up,you then leave the plant on this pure water for how long it takes for the plant to pick back up again.

after you are happy that the plant is looking better,you then dump the tank again and put it back on its food but at a lower EC level then you had it at before hand that caused the over feeding.

when its overfeed big time you do not just flush out the root zone and put it straite back on feed,NO WAY.

maybe you could get away with putting it straite back on feed if the plant was only slightly overfeed.but way overfeed NO WAY can you do this,well you could but it will make the plant worse or prolong the healing process of the plant.

you say not to PH the flush water because you do not wont the plant to carry on taking up more nutes,WHAT NUTES,WHERE,THERE IS NO NUTES ? how is the plant going too carry on taking them up duck,there is no nutes left in sight for the plant to take up mate,you made sure of this when you first flushed the hell out of the rockwool clayballs or whatever you are using in the root zone.

the only nutes that are around is the tiny little bit that was add from the PH down,but this is not enough nutes to even worry about.

all this info i have typed up mate is 100% true,you are just not understanding it at all duck. please read over this carefully and really try to understand everything i am saying,it will help you in the future with your grows i am sure of that.

peace to you all,i am sorry things had to end this way,i really am.

deep down duck you must know understand that you was picking at me,you know you was,you was making my life hard and thats why i snapped,well maybe because i am 6 days weed free and struggling to cope might have something to do with it too.20 years of smoking every single day of my life and then i pulled the plug on myself over night,i tell you i am in a really bad way and i would not wish the bad feelings i am feeling on you.ITS HELL

sorry for all the bad stuff i did say but i am not feeling myself at the moment,i am upsetting everyone at the moment and i have no control over it,IT SUCKS

take care everyone

BB

iamgod said:
if the plant is overfeed the first thing you do in hydro is get aload of pure water PH it up and then you pure it through the root zone to flush all the built up nutes away untill the run off EC drops to a low level ok

then you throw that lot away and make a new tank up of pure water again and and PH it up,you then leave the plant on this pure water for how long it takes for the plant to pick back up again.

after you are happy that the plant is looking better,you then dump the tank again and put it back on its food but at a lower EC level then you had it at before hand that caused the over feeding.

when its overfeed big time you do not just flush out the root zone and put it straite back on feed,NO WAY.

maybe you could get away with putting it straite back on feed if the plant was only slightly overfeed.but way overfeed NO WAY can you do this,well you could but it will make the plant worse or prolong the healing process of the plant.

you say not to PH the flush water because you do not wont the plant to carry on taking up more nutes,WHAT NUTES,WHERE,THERE IS NO NUTES ? how is the plant going too carry on taking them up duck,there is no nutes left in sight for the plant to take up mate,you made sure of this when you first flushed the hell out of the rockwool clayballs or whatever you are using in the root zone.

the only nutes that are around is the tiny little bit that was add from the PH down,but this is not enough nutes to even worry about.

all this info i have typed up mate is 100% true,you are just not understanding it at all duck. please read over this carefully and really try to understand everything i am saying,it will help you in the future with your grows i am sure of that.

peace to you all,i am sorry things had to end this way,i really am.

deep down duck you must know understand that you was picking at me,you know you was,you was making my life hard and thats why i snapped,well maybe because i am 6 days weed free and struggling to cope might have something to do with it too.20 years of smoking every single day of my life and then i pulled the plug on myself over night,i tell you i am in a really bad way and i would not wish the bad feelings i am feeling on you.ITS HELL

sorry for all the bad stuff i did say but i am not feeling myself at the moment,i am upsetting everyone at the moment and i have no control over it,IT SUCKS

take care everyone

BB

BB im not arguing with you but what me and duck are saying is that in the initial flush if you do not PH the water then the nutes you are washing off the roots and rockwool will be washed out instead of being absorbed by the roots.

A flush is simply washing the nutes away from soil or rockwool or res. You are then just giving water that may be PHed if you like as it will be nute free after but the initial flush can be done with water that has not been PHed to not allow the plant to absorbe nutes.

Thats all i have to say on the matter. That is what we are trying to say.

Right again Jericho. :aok:

If they pH their water, they are feeding their plants all the excess/unknown nutes they are trying to flush(wash) away

The plant would use stored nutrients while the flush was taking place..

Flushing washes the excess nutes off/out of the roots and the grow medium not the plant.

Lets see if I can make it easier for them...

Lets say you have been feeding your plant at a ppm of 2000 at 5.8pH and you get nute burn. If you were to pH your flush water you still would be feeding them at a ppm of 2000. Until it was diluted enough to lower the ppm's or the plant will continue feeding at this level of ppms. If you do not pH your water you are feeding your plants nearly nothing because the nutrients are outside the spectrum for nutes to be used and absorbed. They do not need pHed water to take a drink of water just to feed.

if i get this right biggerbuds is saying empty the rez FIRST then fill/flush will PH'd water correct ? if he did this then they would be no nute in the rez for the plant to take up
duck are you saying keep the nutes in the rez and just change the PH so nute's can't be taken up by the plant

how i do it is empty the rez and fill up with PH'd water B/C i drained the rez only a small trace is left, a couple days later i change the water again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back