am considering going hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so far from what i have read theres alot of of good nutes out there right now i am set on a two step nute called iguana grow, iguana bloom i believe was the other one they claim too have all the nutrienc need for the veg stage in the iguana grow and all the nutrience needed for the flower stage in the iguana bloom and that sounds the easyest way to me being i would rather use one nute instead of two, two or more means i would need too mix and measure and keep track of what happens too the plant and then figure out how too adjust the nutrience in order to fix the sick plant with the one nute for each faze just sounds so much more easy at least untill i learn how too actualy feed a plant again the iguana juice still sounds easyer. of course i still might hear or read about something better or simuler that i might give a try first,i am gonna look up the one you mentioned

skullcandy said:
so far from what i have read theres alot of of good nutes out there right now i am set on a two step nute called iguana grow, iguana bloom i believe was the other one they claim too have all the nutrienc need for the veg stage in the iguana grow and all the nutrience needed for the flower stage in the iguana bloom and that sounds the easyest way to me being i would rather use one nute instead of two, two or more means i would need too mix and measure and keep track of what happens too the plant and then figure out how too adjust the nutrience in order to fix the sick plant with the one nute for each faze just sounds so much more easy at least untill i learn how too actualy feed a plant again the iguana juice still sounds easyer. of course i still might hear or read about something better or simuler that i might give a try first,i am gonna look up the one you mentioned
Sounds great u will find what's best for you what I use is a 3 part if u read my journal u will see how much I feed and how I use my nutrients.ive fed them to much to little I've had great luck with cutting edge once I found what dosage my plants like.i still play with my nutrients to see what happens when they get burned I just add fresh ro water when they look hungry ill feed emm and so on its a never ending battle but yet so fun you will always have good a bad grows depending how many different strains u try.once u find a strain u love u can dial it in but u most likely will try to keep a stock of diffrent strains i now i do.PS

just checked out the cutting edge nutrint i see they got the grow, bloom, and micro nutes. i will give it a try also first i have to read up and see if the iguana juice has micros for the roots . before i do makr a disicion . thank for the good info

Iguana Juice is organic with natural chelating minerals. Which will lower your pH.

And what I can find, which hasn't been much, about Cutting Edge is they are synthetic nutes

skullcandy said:
just checked out the cutting edge nutrint i see they got the grow, bloom, and micro nutes. i will give it a try also first i have to read up and see if the iguana juice has micros for the roots . before i do makr a disicion . thank for the good info
No problem my friend,what works for others may or may not work for you.to be honest I used cutting edge solutions first because it was very inexpensive,after the hydro guy at the store showed me how easy it was to mix and that's all I would need to start of a successful dwc grow,another good thing about the nutrient is I use tap water and for some reason everything works great just mix and go,I don't know how true it is but I was told the nutrients I use level the ph and everything else and SO far so true,reason I asked the guy at the hydro store was I had used ro water and tap and they grew the same.i hope all works out for u.PS

pcduck said:
Iguana Juice is organic with natural chelating minerals. Which will lower your pH.

And what I can find, which hasn't been much, about Cutting Edge is they are synthetic nutes
Cutting edge solutions is definitely not organic.

what i am wondering now is organic and none organic much different from each other.

skullcandy said:
what i am wondering now is organic and none organic much different from each other.
Organic will always be best nothing's better then natural nutes,organic is a lot more messy when doing hydro there's alot more clean up involved It just depends on what u prefer.i was all about organic well using soil but gave synthetics a try when I started doing hydro so far so good.i also plan on getting me some advance nutrients just to see what happens,there is to many to choos from and slot it them work great.PS

If this is your first DWC synthetics would be much easier.

As many synthetics have buffers in them that help stabilize the pH.

I use GH 3 part with R/O water and do not pay much attention to pH, as the R/O removes the buffers in the water thus allowing the buffers in the nutes to do their job easier.

pcduck said:
If this is your first DWC synthetics would be much easier.

As many synthetics have buffers in them that help stabilize the pH.

I use GH 3 part with R/O water and do not pay much attention to pH, as the R/O removes the buffers in the water thus allowing the buffers in the nutes to do their job easier.
So I guess alot of synthetics help with the leveling and yes pcduck is correct I'd use synthetics if it was my first hydro grow it will make thing slot easier i to rarely have to check levels and its so nice.PS

okay pcduck, purpleskunk in i got to ask i am thinking of using iguana juice because it is a two step nute which i assume would be the easyest way not to screw things up and hurt my plants, you both suggest synthetics over the iguana as your experience has proven that the synthetic is easer then the iguana can you explain what makes synthatic easeier and what falts the iguan have that the synthetic don't

Most synthetics have buffers in them to help with the pH.

Iguana Juice is organic but is heavily chelated with natural minerals to make it easier to absorb nutes. These minerals are acids which drop your pH and make it harder to control.

I use both synthetics and the organic Iguana Juice. If I was wanting to stay organic I would stay with the Iguana Juice as it has performed very solidly for me in this grow of the one plant that I have in organics. I started out with this particular plant in organic soil that I mixed up and was making "tea" for watering but didn't like the tea I was making as it got messy and busy trying to do that and run my other hydro setup that is synthetic.

So I decided to get it simpler by going to just watering with the Iguana mixed into tea. The only complaint that I would have for the Iguana juice is that when it mixes up in a bucket, it has to be allowed to sit and aerate for 24hrs before adjusting the PH, and then another 12-24hrs before making final PH adjustment and adding to the recirculating auto-watering system that I set up for it. Once I have the PH set, it stays right until the water is used up and I have to add another bucket.

As for the pros of using it, the plant has stayed healthy and has grown big enough to take up 1/3 of a 5x5 tent and it is smelling incredibly good, and has nice Beasty buds that are about 2 weeks from harvest. The Iguana Juice doesn't stink up the place like the organic tea that I made before, and it flows nicely through my pump to the plant.

I also use synthetic nutes in the rest of my hydro setup. I use Advanced Nutrients' Jungle Juice and really like it. My plants are doing great on it. The only con for the Jungle juice is that it has no PH buffers in it and that makes me have to adjust the PH of my hydro resevoir about every couple days to keep the PH in the sweet spot. I would imagine the GH 3part doesn't have to be adjusted as much as it has the PH buffers. I plan to continue using the Jungle juice though as I like the fact that when I mix up a bucket of nute solution, it goes straight to 6.0-6.1 without any buffers, and I can pour it right into my rez without having to let it sit and aerate and then adjust again.

There's going to be good and bad in whatever you choose, so you just have to give it a try for 1 grow and see how well it works for you, then if you don't really like it, try something else on the next grow. I tried a couple different ones before I settled on the jungle juice. :)

puduck, basically i would just need to adjust the ph if i use the iguana. and most likely not have to adjust if i use the synthetic, i did just get a ph meter and hate to have boughten it for nothing . so if thats the diffrence i think i will be okay thanks for clrearing that up for me .:)

skullcandy said:
puduck, basically i would just need to adjust the ph if i use the iguana. and most likely not have to adjust if i use the synthetic, i did just get a ph meter and hate to have boughten it for nothing . so if thats the diffrence i think i will be okay thanks for clrearing that up for me .:)
Your gonna have to keep a eye on thing more when using iguana where with synthetics u just add and let the plants eat with minamal adjustments to your ph and other levels.i know whatever u do use u will figure it all out.just so u know when using synthetics u will still need all your meters it's always good to have them handy.

I have to use my PH meter to monitor both setups as they both need adjusting for me. But I have found with the Iguana juice that I don't have to adjust as much as with the synthetic nutes. I just have to do the initial setup adjustment, but after that it is good until I add more water or nutes. I understand with the GH you also have to go through some setup PH adjustment that takes about 48hrs before you can add it to the rez.

i see your last post on this thread that you add water to the dwc buckets not remove the water and replace the water , so i am assumeing that this is okay because i was under the impression from something i had read somewhere that emptying the bucket cleaning the bucket and them replenishing the water and nutes was the way to add water to a DWC set up .

skullcandy said:
i see your last post on this thread that you add water to the dwc buckets not remove the water and replace the water , so i am assumeing that this is okay because i was under the impression from something i had read somewhere that emptying the bucket cleaning the bucket and them replenishing the water and nutes was the way to add water to a DWC set up .
I would think cleaning and refilling is the best way to go I'm sure we all have just added nutes without cleaning aslong as the plants look fine everything should be fine.its what best suits u try it all and see what works best for u.i clean my res as much as possible I've gone a few feedings without doing so and things seem to be ok.PS

okay cool i can do that and the cleaning is just to asure that no fungis or slimmy roots pop up .

now i fell i know enough to sart with a DWC set up and see where my grow goes from there.

Latest posts

Back