$25 off on Magical butter machine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think about this a lot. The Megahome distiller reclaims alcohol, but is a totally different way to make oil. With the MBM you cook off the alcohol in a double boiler after the machine has done its' four hour tincture. Then if you want let it bubble a bit on a coffee warmer to get all the booze off. That is the MBM.. and they are an awesome business. There customer service is amazing. If you screw up they help you..

Now the megahome distiller is marketed as a water distiller. I hear they have terrible customer service and don't want to think you would be using pot in their machine. HOWEVER, it is very cool that it saves all the booze... it costs 229.00 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ANW7HQ/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

The way you use the Megahome is by freezing all your bud and booze and do a 6 minute wash. First a 3 min wash in a mason jar dump that liquid in your machine then repeat for 3 min with the same pot.. add that strained to the machine..
SO... I don't know if there is a difference in potency. If you are only going to make enough for yourself, i would choose the MBM, cause they will replace if they have to, and they are just great folks. It is 150.00 with coupon.

I hope that answers your question... ask away if you need more info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'll add this....... I've made a few batches in MBM........ this stuff is strong....... I did like 2ml of the stuff in a gel capsules........ way to much....... it ain't no fun taking to much of this stuff........... beware this thing makes strong medicine when you cook off the alcohol ........ a lot stronger than one might believe even if he has been smoking bud all his life......... you've been warned.

G aint lying. Do to much and you will pay the piper. And it is not fun.

OH HOLY CRAP YES... THIS IS SERIOUS MEDICINE. it takes a pound of pot to make an ounce of oil.

Thanks Rose but I am going down a different path>>>>
As I told you in the PM the prices on e bay or amazon are much better but so many negative reviews makes me a little nervous. But back at the MBM headquarters by the time they add shipping etc you are back up to full price. So after a lot of searches I am opting for the old fashion way with a rice cooker.
So where am I going???? I am at a critical point as I have stage 3 melanoma and I am slated to start immunotherapy in a few weeks. The choices seem to be between two evils, put these cell altering chemicals in my body or do nothing and IF the cancer comes back looking at major chemotherapy. I have been wrestling with this for weeks but after seeing a few Rick Simpson videos I am opting for going with his options and seeing where I am in a year.
Thanks for all the info I gleaned out of this site....... I'm off......................

Do you need some help with the RSO? I would use the RSO topically and internally for melanoma. If I can help you in anyway, please let me know. I thought your insurance was paying for the MBM, let me send you mine for just postage.

Thanks Rose but I'll wait on that offer if you don't mind. I don't have a lot of bud right now so using the rice cooker I can make small batches. And a big problem is room for anything more. We are living in a trailer on our front lawn and hoping we get the house back together quickly.
The good news is yes they are paying for the MBM and all my grow equipment and pretty much redoing the whole house..... The ying yang in everything....
But I will be looking for any seed donations come spring as as soon as possible I will be building a new grow room. What an opportunity,,, :vap_smiley:

Ok, but please let us know how we can help. Seeds? no problem.

Morning Rose,
Did you ( or any one else reading this) ever hear of the instant pot?
Its a 6 qt combination, crock pot, rice cooker, steamer, slow cooker and some other things.
I am right now making a 1 1/4 cup of coconut cooking oil. I will post results when I finish.
The pot cost $79 with free shipping so cheaper by far than the MBM2.
Hopefully eating pot brownies later today:vap-leafy_wave:

My friend loves her instant pot,for cooking. Good for you. Awesome

I've been looking at instant pots for regular cooking--it is basically an electric pressure cooker and will do some cool things. Just curious here, what do you see as the benefit of the instant pot over a crock pot (for butter, oil, tinctures)?

Good morning MP,
I have to say first that I have only used the “instant pot” once so far and that was to make coconut infused oil.
My take on it is at $79 with free shipping makes it $100 cheaper than MBM. Even after discount code MBM adds shipping and ? so the cost is $175 +or-. The only difference I could see was I had to stir the POT every hour or so. The slow cooker low temp runs around 180* F. I set the timer for 3.5 hrs and made just 1 cup of oil, I am real low on product but needed oil for edibles (wife only does edibles.)
Very happy with outcome, oil was terrific. Going to try ribs in the slow cooker next and maybe rice??
Will post if I find any problems.
Enjoy the moment
SG :vap_smiley:

Latest posts

Back