water, baking soda and the proper ppm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrobertson

Reaction score
any one using baking soda to bring your water up to the proper ph? When you prepare your water for feeding we check to see what ppm are in the water that has had the soda added, ours is coming out 250 to 290 ppm with out any nutes, then we add flora product to the usual amount of nutes we normally use!
the plants are two months and ten days old,they are three feet tall and are getting 700 to 800 ppm flora bloom,ph 5-8, they are looking good except the very ends of the new growth look a tiny bit burned no curl good color! Any input would be greatly appreciated. jr:watchplant:

What is your water PPM to start with? Another question would be have you thought of getting some PH up and down? Also are you adjusting your PH before or after your nutes?

I have adjusted the water without nutes then added the nutes, then adjusted it all mixed at the same time no diff, the reason we have no ph up is that in six years never needed it, can't get off the island now its -33, when I do go in I'll surely get some ph up have lots ph down. The plants look good except that tiny bit of leaf burn, right on the tips. Its cali orange maybe a heavy feeder, can't seem to go higher than 800 ppm with the flora bloom. thanks for the reply

plain water is 140 to 150 ppm, then add the soda and it takes it up another 100 ppm, bye again

Wow I wish I had some info for you. I am still on my first grow and I dont want to give bad info. Good luck :D

Latest posts

Back