can i switch my flowering times?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ganjawarrior

Reaction score
I am 16 days into flower and at the minute my lights are off in the daytime and are on at night. Can i change it so my lights are on through the day without affecting my plants or am i going to have to leave them as they are? I did get told that if i leave them in darkness for 24 hours and then start with the lights on in the day they would be alrite but then i also got told that if i did that i would have to start my 8 weeks flowering time again. I dont know if this is true but i know someone out there will no the answer. Thanks :bong2:

Yes, it's possible. But I would only do it if absolutely necessary. Just not a good idea to do it. Every little stressful thing at this point could hurt your yield. But some strains won't flinch by changing their schedules, others not so much. It's also not a good idea to do it if the ladies have not been grown before, by you. So you know it's stable.

I have done it and been ok. Just critical that you shift them with an extra dark period - not a long light cycle. In flower they will tolerate 24 hrs of dark much easier than 24 hrs of light!

Old_SSSC_Guy said:
I have done it and been ok. Just critical that you shift them with an extra dark period - not a long light cycle. In flower they will tolerate 24 hrs of dark much easier than 24 hrs of light!

Yup, what he said, and its definately not going to cause you to restart the flower time again.

Latest posts

Back