question when harvesting by trichs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol. now i think this thread should be closed because people are just starting join in on an already ended convo.

Apologies, maybe we can get this back on topic...which is harvesting by trichs!

Using a light is the best and what anyone just starting out should do. If you grow a strain out long enough, you may be able to tell it's "doneness" by look, but checking with a scope is always a sure thing!

wow:ignore: ive lurked for a few months now with no posts. I just read from all of your grows and try to learn. I respect all of you for your knowledge of the subjects...BUT..;. there are some EGOS in here. :holysheep: Get over it. anyways keep up with the great grows and ill keep absorbing the info. thanks guys i owe this board alot :)

Chark said:
wow:ignore: ive lurked for a few months now with no posts. I just read from all of your grows and try to learn. I respect all of you for your knowledge of the subjects...BUT..;. there are some EGOS in here. :holysheep: Get over it. anyways keep up with the great grows and ill keep absorbing the info. thanks guys i owe this board alot :)

:welcome: to the 'Passion, bud. :ciao: Hope All grows well with you and yours. Keeper mean and green, Chark...

Canna let it go please. Will you stop bad mouthing a member that allot of us still respect even if you dont. I am really tired of seeing his name dragged through the mud. If you want to do it in private messages then do so. You said he was hounding you around the forum yet you have not stopped making comments about him yet. Just for the record this is not because im in some kind of clique with duck, its because i do not think these things should be continued on the open forums when it has ended 2-3 times already and you keep digging it up. If he was doing the same i would tell him the same thing.

Just drop it and pick up a bong already.

Seem's like this Aroma is taking forever to Amber up. been 100% milky for a week or two now.. maybe 3-5% amber in spots..

Jericho said:
Canna let it go please. Will you stop bad mouthing a member that allot of us still respect even if you dont. I am really tired of seeing his name dragged through the mud. If you want to do it in private messages then do so. You said he was hounding you around the forum yet you have not stopped making comments about him yet. Just for the record this is not because im in some kind of clique with duck, its because i do not think these things should be continued on the open forums when it has ended 2-3 times already and you keep digging it up. If he was doing the same i would tell him the same thing.

Just drop it and pick up a bong already.

Jericho, I have deleted the post you refer to (just wanted others to know you are not imaging posts where there were none :)). I agree that this has gone far enough. Any post not related to checking trichs will be deleted.

Now everyone, go to your stash, pull out your favorite smoke and your favorite smoking device and take a little break.

:48::48::48::48:

bubba902 said:
Seem's like this Aroma is taking forever to Amber up. been 100% milky for a week or two now.. maybe 3-5% amber in spots..

How far along are you?? Some of mine seem to take forever, some seem to change over night.

Bubba--some strains just don't seem to amber up like others. When I have a plant that seems like it is taking too long get amber, I take a test bud.

Its suppose to be a 7-8 week strain, Well on 8 weeks now, After 7 weeks I quit counting and started scoping..

I'm only seeing 3-5% amber in about week 9 of flower, I took a sample bud THG! quick dried on 210F for 15 min, then loaded it into the vape. Made my knees wobbly lmao! Deff going to be coming down within the next week!

Good call on the sample bud! Can finally go back to "tpbm thread and disregard my last statement" lol.

I haven't seen another GJ of CH9s Aroma either :(, Same with my Afghan haze 33 from CH9.

Looks like I will be doing a FULL GJ on both strains this next run of clones..
I happened to catch 2 VERY VERY nice pheno's, The afghan is a really hazey smell but a true knock out smoke.. She got HUGE, the top nug came off the plant @ 144.Xg's wet.. came down to around 35g's dried/cured.

The aroma is right up to par too, huge colas, super frosty, and I can see how it gets its name! The aroma from it is AMAZING, Tangerine/skunky/haze lol.

Sorry for the novel... finally stoned thanks to THG!

Cool. You should always take breeder's estimates with a grain of salt. I have found that many breeders underestimate flowering times. If a strain says 7-8 weeks flowering, I am not surprised if it takes 9-10.

We don't want to harvest any buds before their time, but we also don't want to let them go too long. I like a more uppity high, so I generally harvest with very few amber. Sounds like you like the high and it is ready.

There are getting to be so many crosses now. If you are growing some of the newer crosses or crosses of crosses, I don't think it is unusual to not see other GJs on the same strain.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Jericho, I have deleted the post you refer to (just wanted others to know you are not imaging posts where there were none :)). I agree that this has gone far enough. Any post not related to checking trichs will be deleted.

Now everyone, go to your stash, pull out your favorite smoke and your favorite smoking device and take a little break.

:48::48::48::48:
Thank you.

Hick said:
purdy pitchers pacify our simple minds...;)
I think the gthumbs picture viewer has a "batch" resizeing option.
Why is it you want pictures so bad all the time? Why in the world does anyone need to prove a thing? Something is fishy here at MP.........

Jmo. but i like to check trichs on a black background as i feel the white may reflect and give the false appearance of milky trichs. I also use a 100x active eye scope despite having very good eye sight. We are human, and we make mistakes, better to use the instruments to be sure, then to mess up a harvest which is very valuable! Imo. no disrespect to anyone.

Latest posts

Back