Best place to purchase Swivel Top Mason Jars?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Green Fang

You don't see me . . .
Reaction score
Where is the best place online to buy a good sized swivel top mason jar? I will want multiple for harvesting and containing.

What's the general best size to get? Any other thoughts I should consider? I wanted the swivel top for better seal, than the screw top.

Thrift stores and dollar stores usually have them. I got mine at a dollar store for a buck each.

addendum: I overlooked the word "online" the first time I read the post. Try Craigslist, eBarf and Amazon.

I've checked Amazon and eBoof a few times, just didn't know if you guys knew some excellent online source for that. lol :)

Maybe someone specialized in glass and had it at discount.

Thanks YYZ

I got mine at second hand stores. They work well though.

Yeah, I've been checking thrift shops, yardsales etc.

Thanks for chipping in Rose :)

I get regular mason jars with screw on tops from the grocery store.

I figured the swivel tops would be "that' much better than the screw tops. :confused2:

Just wanted to maintain maximum freshness for maximum amount of time, in case it sticks around a little while.

Thanks for the post Cubby!

Firstly, thanks for posting something Growdude, I really appreciate having something to consider and a link to check.

I like those jars, but hey look! 38oz swingtop jars!

hxxp://www.specialtybottle.com/swingtopbalejarsmi.aspx

Only problem is, I was hoping for bigger.. lol

Twist top may have to be it, but I realllllly wanted swingtop.

I like swing top jars too and you can get them in about any size. Are these what you meant when you said swivel top, cause otherwise I don't know what swivel top is? However, the screw top jars seal just as well as the swing top jars.

Swivel top / Swing Top / Wire Top / Latch Top

They are called all these things and mean the same thing, according to my recent findings lol. :D I linked one in the last post.

Latest posts

Back