Name your Nutes, and GH 3 PART nute question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

md.apothecary

Art is Resistance!
Reaction score
jus curious as to what nutes everyone is using?? i use GH 3PRT nutes, but want something better.

If anyone uses GH 3 part nutes what is the proper order of mixing?
I think it's Micro, GROW, then bloom?

Also... how do you mix it in the water properly? I usually take a 1 gallon container, mix one in at a time. i then shake it up and add to reservoir, then continue until my 4gallon res is full. is that right??

I ask about nutes because I want the best, and I want to have to mix less nutes at one time. doing these 3 part nutes is a pain sometimes.

As long as you mix your nutes INTO water... and not together... u'll be fine.

I use DNF Gro, Bloom, Gold, Black, Green, clear, Monster Bud, Superthrive and Pinemyte.

i use GH 3PRT nutes, but want something better.

This is so ironic because I just picked up the very same stuff today at the local hydro shop. These fellas are great and have been so much help in addressing all my n00b questions and concerns. Anyways, they said that in their opinion this was the best way to go to get the maximum out of my garden and add flexibility if I decided to start jacking with the mixing rations outside of the recommended suggestions on the back of each bottle.

I picked up all three nutes as well as some Kool Bloom additive for the flowering stage.

So tonight I am planning on flushing out the system and adding my new nutes and bud juice. Plants are currently around 20 days into flowering so I am starting a little late with the flowering additive. However, I'm excited to see how this stuff effects the girls.

I plan on just adding all three nutes and additive to one cup, then pouring that into my rez. Give it a little stir and dip the cup into the water to clean it off a bit.

If you haven't read the back of your bottles of General Hydroponics: FloraGrow, FloraMirco and FloraBloom below is what I got from it.

Quantity of each are based on 1 teaspoon per gallon

Cuttings, seedlings: 1/4 Grow; 1/4 Mirco; 1/4 Bloom
General Purpose: 1 Grow; 1 Micro; 1 Bloom
Vegetative Growth: 3 Grow; 2 Micro; 1 Bloom
Transition to Bloom: 2 Grow; 2 Micro; 2 Bloom
Blooming Ripening: 1 Grow; 2 Micro; 3 Bloom

Of course in my case I'll be adding 1 teaspoon per gallon of the Kool Bloom up till the last week where I'll go just plain water.

I was told NOT to mix the nutrients together, but rather mix them directly into the water FIRST. This will prevent lock out of nutrients, particularly the micro.

I just purchased myself, a quart of the FloraNova Grow and FloraNova Bloom (1 parters) to give those a whirl. I am going to be doing some new seeds in hydro all the way when my cabinet is done.

Please let me know how the Kool Bloom works out... I was looking into that also on the GH site, but it seemed a little redundant? I mean what does it have that the other micro/bloom doesn't?

Let me know!!

One last thing, what about "Advanced Nutrients"? There was a lot of buzz on the net about them, and they got the rating of "Best" on htgsupply.com along with FoxFarm I think where GH only got a "better" or "Good" rating?

I don't use GH. Instead, I use Vita-Grow 3-part powder. It is non-organic (pure chemicals, LOL).

Full strength for Vegging is 1/2 tsp of the "Green(micro)" and 1/2 tsp of the "Red(Nitrogen)" per gallon.

For Flowering, I use 1/2 tsp "Green", 1/2 tsp "Red", and 1/4 tsp "Blue(P and K)" for the first 4 weeks then switch to 1/2 tsp Green, 1/4 tsp Red, and 1/2 tsp Blue for the next 4 weeks and clean water for the last week (for a 9 week flowering plant).

I mix the chemicals by adding them to a 1 gallon jug of water, adjust the PH to 5.5 and dump it in the reservoir. When the reservoir gets low, I add more PH'd nutes at full strength. I know most people add water, but I have not had any trouble pouring in full strength nutes.

To adjust the PH, I use chemicals made for adjusting the PH in swimming pools. I had some because I have a pool, so I thought I would try it out and, low and behold, it worked perfectly.

I flush with clean water when I switch from Vegging to Flowering and again at 4 weeks of flower.

The water I use is filtered through a carbon filter. It is the kind that attaches to the faucet.

Sometimes I have to deviate from the above routine when the plants ask for it. For example, my Strawberry Cough needed more Nitrogen, so I had to use twice as much of the Red.

So far in my travels, I have not met any one else who uses these nutes, but I thought I would post up my routine just in case somebody just might choose to use them some time in the future. Mutt made this a sticky after all. :hubba:

Why did you choose not to go GH? Just curious...

I saw Vita-grow nutes and saw the powdered form, but i was thinking that maybe the powder was harder to control for some reason... I might give them a shot if these don't work out well.

Measuring was a pain in the behind for the 3part liquids I always lost count of my additions to the water. So... naturally I'd get burned. LOL

Powder seems easier for a 3part nute.

md.apothecary said:
Why did you choose not to go GH? Just curious...

The main reason I bought them the first time was that they were cheaper when you factor in shipping and cost per use. I did not know there was hydro shop close by when I started, so shipping costs were very important.

Once I used them, I got such good results I decided not to change.

It takes a couple of minutes for the powder to disolve in the water so it may take a little longer for the mixed up batch to be ready, but I always mix up a gallon or two extra just to have on hand.

Big ups to DNF 2part ive had nothing but success. As for GHP 3Part I see too much solids build up too quickly. I Have used it and never liked it. KoolBloom is an excellent bud booster,THC booster, Flavour booster, use with discretion. I also highly recommend carboload for that xtra umph. I myself grow with the Dutch Nutrition Formula 2 Part. To this I add Bcuzz gro while in veg and during the first week of bud, its then stopped. Then its Bcuzz bloom,and Carboload until I have Big nugs, about 30days. Then Koolbloom is added to the mix. All my water is treated with H2o2 and Phd to between 5.5 and 6. I flush for at least 10 days at the end, and change my rez every week. Also I wouldnt suggest powders for hydro. The more water soluble the less buildup, Just my experience.

With the GH 3part, I noticed a lot of salt deposits would build up myself, so I am hoping that by reducing the chance of bad mixing, i went to their single nutrient mixes. Hopefully this helps... I will see in a few weeks. :)

I've been using gh flora series for many years now...it works for me...currently I am using the Lucas Formula, 8ml micro/16ml bloom in a gallon of distilled water...(you dont need the grow part) I adjust to 800-900ppm and a ph of 5.5-5.8...it's very stable and my plant loves it...

BTW, you need to mix the micro into water 1st, then the bloom, and then add to res, thus avoiding the micro precipitating the nutes out...

Okay, explain to me how you "adjust" PPMs in your water... I have a PPM meter, and how do you know when you've reached the proper PPMs for your plants?

Thanks

I wanted to share with everyone my initial thoughts on the General Hydroponics Flora series nutrients.

These are a single mixture hydroponic/soil nutrient. You use either the GROW or the BLOOM seperately. So far, the only one I have opened was the GROW formula.

The nutrient is very thick, it looks and smells very much like Alaska's Fish Emulsion. It does need to be shaken before each use! When I say thick, I mean REALLY thick! It's slow to pour making it easy to measure with a teaspoon.

The quart size costs approximately $20 each for bloom or grow. But because it is so thick, it might not last too terribly long depending on how much you have to use.

It was definitely easier to use than the 3 part GH nutrients, but will be harder to dial in the absolute requirements.

I will update when I see (if I see) results from my hydro grow on some sick White Rhinos I have going. I am trying to recover/rescue them.

I use GH flora series, the Lucas Formula(8ml micro/16ml bloom per gal distilled water), omitting the gro part entirely and Snow White loves it...I keep the ph at 5-5-5.8 and the ppm at about 800...I used the kool bloom years ago and it seemed a bit strong, be careful with that stuff...

I've been using FloraNova grow and bloom(1 parters), for my plants in the hydro system, and let me tell you that stuff is VERY strong. You want to start off slowly with these and work your way up to full strength or they will burn your plants. I also use MaxiGrow and MaxiBloom for the 3 plants I am growing in soil, and for the seedlings and clones, just some Superthrive.

md.apothecary said:
Okay, explain to me how you "adjust" PPMs in your water... I have a PPM meter, and how do you know when you've reached the proper PPMs for your plants?

Thanks

I dont know if i have explained this correctly, I assume that 800ppm is correct, according to the Lucas Formula...If the res is at 1000ppm, I add water until it's at 800...If the res is at 600ppm, I add nutes at the 8:16 ratio until it's at 800ppm...I hope that explains my method of adjustment
:cool:

sweet! thats what i needed to know. my ppms raised 200ppms and my plants noticed it right off, i added water hoping to adjust it back down, and they seem to be doing better now.

these white rhinos are sensitive to the slightest changes!

White Rhino is some great smoke....I had some accidentally when a buddy took a couple white widow seeds and grew em out with his ak47, one was male and produced copius seeds...or is this white russian??? lol, so many varieties I cant keep em straight anymore...yeah, maybe that's the vodka drink???

no ok, I checked, it's ak/WW = White Russian...I guess I never tried White Rhino....

I as well use the 3 part GH products. I also use hygrozyme which is a miracle enzyme product and Floralicious grow in veg. I use both Koolbloom liquid and powder, as well as Floralicious plus. They are all great and I am going to start using Diamond Nectar during veg soon

Haven't heard anything about them, but I'm using this Planet Earth 3 part liquid system, it has worked pretty good for me...

Latest posts

Back