Happy growing!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olblue26

Reaction score
just got finished with my res change.hopefully everything will start running smoothly from this point on.Im growing chem dawg,in a dwc system.im using ionic nutes and running a 400w metal halide in a 4x4x7 grow tent.I also have 3 others in soil.I look forward to chatting with yall,happy growing!:D

Welcome to The Passion. If you need any advice or just want to "talk shop" about growing don't be afraid to pipe in. :)

olblue26 said:
just got finished with my res change.hopefully everything will start running smoothly from this point on.Im growing chem dawg,in a dwc system.im using ionic nutes and running a 400w metal halide in a 4x4x7 grow tent.I also have 3 others in soil.I look forward to chatting with yall,happy growing!:D

I think that you are going to find that a 400W is not enough light for a 4 x 4 tent. You really want a minimum of 3000 lumens per sq ft for vegging and 5000 lumens per sq ft for flowering--most of us run substantially more. A 400W MH is only giving you around 2200 lumens per sq ft. A 400W HPS is going to give around 3100-3200 lumens per sq ft. I believe that if you do not get more light in there you are going to end up with light airy bud.

yea i have an hps,but ill switch to that once in flower.I have a few grows with this set up and havnt had a problem with airy buds yet.I keep my plants pretty short as well.I like to do alot of topping and whatnot so my plants are usually under 3 1/2 foot tall.Ill get some pics up once i get this damn camera fixed.happy growing!~!

Latest posts

Back