Fantasy Flower Picks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey, I want to entertain an opportunity to host a virtual game of "Fantasy Flower" Picks.... A dream team collaboration of ideas on your own absolute ideal growing situation... A way to truly express your creativity, and productivity.. your aptitude and efficiency, as well as your experiential knowledge....

So
You have just been given two rooms... one is 20ft X 20ft X 10ft (Main Grow Room) and one is a 20ft X 5ft X 10ft (Clone/ Flower/ ManCave {for male segregation} Room).... and you are about to be given 75 of either (female) Clones/ Feminized Seeds/(female) Autoflower Seeds of your choice ........ Oh and by the way, you were just handed $10,000 ..... CASH.. and the plants'll be here in 1 week
What would you do?

Soil? Aero? Hydro? SCrog? Terraces? AquaPonics?
Quantity? Quality?
Fast Turnover? Slow Roast?
Distribution? Personal Use? Hash? Medibles?

I want you to elucidate your ideal grow situation "from the ground up"
you have unlimited power, and water, and 2 completely climate/ light controlled rooms, and the next 6 months without any particularly "pressing" obligations... but that is ALL you have (save for the clothes on your back)

your ideal schematic for:

Lights? (Veg/Flower)
Grow Medium?
Nutrients Packages?
Tents?
Hydro System?
Cooling?
Heating?
Humidifiers?
De-Humidifiers?
Co2 Canisters?
Co2 Generator?
Meters?
Testers?
Ventilation?

Would you get pre-fabricated materials? or would you make things on your own with raw materials from Hardware/ Electronics Stores?

This could be a fun game, to see who can come up with the best possible scenario with $10K... and worst case scenario, could end up as providing a great template with all of the latest and greatest in innovation, and information, for all users to participate, and aspire to... Ultimately to learn and "Grow" from..

Better get on it..... Plants'll be here soon!! :D

Everyone in this thread represents PNW! :) Am sure someone will have the time to do a essay. I would just buy the basics. And gamble or invest the rest!

hahahaha PNW ..... Pugetopia!!!... hence why I have the funding/ backing for a large scale grow op.... kinda bummed that the FF thing didnt inspire people to entertain with their ideal grows.... woulda given a lot of perspective the "best of the best"....
oh well... new posters blues.. :D
thanks for the welcoming 4U2

What you are asking would take a whole lot of hours to put together and lay out to you. In addition, part of how a grow is set up is determined by the climate where the grow is going in and how you want to grow.

If you personally are doing this, I hope you have tons of experience growing before attempting a grow on the scale that you are planning.

10k isn't enough for those sized rooms. better make it 50k and 75 plants wouldn't be nearly enough.

gimme 50k, those 2 rooms, and about 2k seeds, and i'll show u sea of green like u never saw before

I was thinking that also shortbus. If you needed a large A/C as you probably would, 10K would not cover it. I also doubt that 10K would cover the expense of CO2. Ten K may sound like a lot...until you start figuring what you need. A 400 sq ft flowering room is going to require around 15 1000W HPS. Even if you find great buys, about a 1/3 of your budget will be shot just lighting the flowering room with minimum lighting. I also don't think you could get both rooms set up in a week. And (no offense) but only an idiot would have that many plants coming without having a grow room entirely set up and dialed in. A week is just not long enough.

Yeah, shortbus you are right...even with good buys, you couldn't do this for 10K.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I was thinking that also shortbus. If you needed a large A/C as you probably would, 10K would not cover it. I also doubt that 10K would cover the expense of CO2. Ten K may sound like a lot...until you start figuring what you need. A 400 sq ft flowering room is going to require around 15 1000W HPS. Even if you find great buys, about a 1/3 of your budget will be shot just lighting the flowering room with minimum lighting. I also don't think you could get both rooms set up in a week. And (no offense) but only an idiot would have that many plants coming without having a grow room entirely set up and dialed in. A week is just not long enough.

Yeah, shortbus you are right...even with good buys, you couldn't do this for 10K.

indeed, honestly i would have said 25k but if your going for a grow of that magnitude its best to have more money then needed. so i went for the safe 50k.

Hey, I appreciate your responses... maybe the way that I attempted to provoke input was out of place (or perhaps misleading).. I just came up with it, one night when I was feeling creative.. And it was mainly intended to provoke ideas, and centralize a paradigm in a game format. So that if people wanted to, they could idealize a dream package...
it was kind of spurned by a quote:
"When you're indecisive about something, Flip a coin... It doesnt matter what side you choose. It's in that brief second, when the coin is flipping through the air. That you'll know what you're really hoping for..."
I guess I figured if people could communicate the goals they are working towards (themselves), than that could be articulated, as individual "standards" that (everyone) could learn from...
I apologize if that was a dumb idea, and I more expected visceral responses, not visionary manifestos of information..
Anyways,

Yes I am doing this... I live in Seattle, and recently a friend of mine acquired a great property, in a discreet location... with the property, we have the specifications listed above, as a two part garage (that were in the process of insulating)... We researched a platform, of all of the raw essentials to turn those two rooms into a large "Community Garden" grow garden/ operation... and now we have had the opportunity to pitch a platform to mutual business associates, and get a 12 thousand dollar initial investment...
The impetus behind this, is: as you know, Washington State passed 502, and were right now in the process of having community forums on the issues of sale, and distribution. And we have until Dec 2013, till all of the laws regarding FULL legalization, are completely codified, and fully take effect.... (You think people aren't watching that on the news, and waiting for it to flip so that they can all develop Marijuana Popsicles in their Bathtubs, and sell them wholesale?) The potential for the entire industry is limitless... and I have 6 months to burn :)
either way, we figured it would be too big of a room to be able to just mylar the room, and have a green island in the center.. we also realize that 12G is not that much money regarding a project of this magnitude, so were proceeding very carefully, and researching as much as humanly possible.

Thus far, we have figured out the entire insulation/ light tightness and fortification of the garage (since it was just framing, and plywood when we started)
While doing that, we've decided to go with grow tents, to subsidize the space, for each group of 25... so they can have the maximum light/ reflectivity.. we researched Gorilla Grows, and theyre expensive, and especially so, if you want custom specifications... So were going to build them out of PVC/Dura-Lar/ and Black "Duck" Cloth (because Duvetyne was too expensive) Ive itemized out, and got quotes, and schematics for all of the materials, and it comes out to $2064 for 4 (8x10x8 tall) grow tents... each GG is no less than $1075 for a (9x9 which would have to be custom built) before SH&H..
I also came across

hxxp://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc162/StuntShine420/Light%20Build/IMAGE_146.jpg

and I think I'll incorporate that into the structure of the bottom rails, as well as a "floating light bar" wired into pulleys that goes around the inside perimeter of each room... I have diagrams, I just dont know how to post them (I even have the entire model structure built out of straws ) :)
trying to do as much DIY as we can, so that we can concentrate as much money as possible towards lights (and as Hemp Goddess pointed out, Co2) and all of the meters, and sensors needed... (Dont really think AC will be an issue until summer here, as its 34 Deg outside right now) but dehumidifiers are going to be spendy...
Regarding the experience bit... Yes its true that we have limited experience growing. Especially for a large scale operation such as this one. Almost certainly not nearly enough (since ive grow 6 plants... twice, and other people in our group a bit more) but the opportunity is here, and its right now..
Im sorry if my original post was dumb. But If you had the opportunity to get a leg up in an industry thats still in its developmental phase (and you KNEW it was going to be big)... What would you do, if you knew you needed to get the best advice, on a very particular scenario, up and coming quickly...
I think youd sign up to some "Particular Scenario" forums, and try to incite some "informative" creativity, at the seat of the masters.... :)

Have a Good Day :)

The same thing I am doing now, but at a much larger scale. The perimeters do not change, just the amount of equipment. I would check into the prices of large unit a/c-dehumidifiers cause you will need one and they are quite a drop of coin.

Oh and Hemp Goddess... that 150Watt DIY light is absolutely the kind of DIY stuff that I love, and its ******* amazing... (albeit the fact that I would have to sit and study that for two weeks, before I could make one) Thats Amazing stuff
Cheers

pcduck said:
The same thing I am doing now, but at a much larger scale. The perimeters do not change, just the amount of equipment. I would check into the prices of large unit a/c-dehumidifiers cause you will need one and they are quite a drop of coin.

yeah I think we have to wait to get the AC unit.. (until our first crop) we cant really afford it inside the budget package... Its 40 outside right now, so if we need to make it colder in there (because of the lighting heat) were going to look into ducting, and air cycle/ recycle... were cutting it pretty close, but it doesnt get hot around here until June/ July.. (so hopefully well have more cash by then)
but (de)humidifiers.... yes its a (surprising) 85-90% humidity here!?

thanks for the parameters vs. equipment thing.... its encouraging :)

what kind of scale are you working with??

Small scale...11,000+lumens/sqft...CO2... and cold temps outside...15* outside right now and humidity is still my main concern. You will not have a first crop if your humidity gets out of control and running CO2 and a boat load of plants will add tremendous humidity.

pcduck said:
Small scale...11,000+lumens/sqft...CO2... and cold temps outside...15* outside right now and humidity is still my main concern. You will not have a first crop if your humidity gets out of control and running CO2 and a boat load of plants will add tremendous humidity.

Thanks man, yeah I have been researching Dehumidifiers/ Co2/ Temp... also think Im going to drop the bucks to get an atmospheric controller, so all these factors can "sense" each other, and adjust accordingly..

Hey quick question.... If I'm drawing "cool" air from an outside environment (to recirculate air) into my tents... what kind of filter would I use to filter the air (i.e from possible fungus, bacteria, mites, aphids) ?

thanks for your input

nothing you've posted is "dumb". it was a good idea. but as THG has said it would take me a long time to post how i would setup a grow of this size. i deff wouldn't wanna post a half-azz answer either. gl with your en devour though.

ShOrTbUs said:
nothing you've posted is "dumb". it was a good idea. but as THG has said it would take me a long time to post how i would setup a grow of this size. i deff wouldn't wanna post a half-azz answer either. gl with your en devour though.

Hey, thank you... I appreciate your candor...

Latest posts

Back