Methods n opinions plz.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LEFTHAND

Reaction score
howdy mp.
I have a few questions for y'all. I normally dry hanging 3-7 days. I've alway kept in a cooler dark area with a fan moving the air around in the room.
I'm running out of space in the house to hang my buds in a cool less humid area.

I have an old gro box. It's too big. But does have intake and out take. N is 70%air tight. Lol.
So I'm thinking I can build shelves n lay em on screens.
For those who do this do you flip your nugs daily weekly or not at all.
Thanks
LH

Haven't done it, but from what I've seen, you stir your nugs on the rack / screen / etc .. daily. :confused2:

I'd assume a couple times a day wouldn't be bad, but I have yet to do this myself.

We'll see some other answers. I'll show you a video I saw of a guy drying on racks:

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NCP1ZD6B5o

It's a 3-part series.. this is part 2. Watch all 3 if you want, but this is the one where he shows his rack use. (and whoa.. he has a lot lol)

To be honest you want to handle your buds as less as possible i dry with screens and it works awesome i just leave them on screens for 3-4 days then place it all in a garbage bag for like 6 - 8 hrs pressing out all the air then tieing bag up so it air tight . then back on screens carefully separating buds as there clumped together for another 12- 24 hrs then bag its done opening it every day for a few mins and moving buds around

user341615_pic1105203_1373602265.jpg

user341615_pic1105204_1373602265.jpg

Yeah I try n handle as little as possible. Nothing but stem during trimming. Well try. Lol. Then hand dry n so forth.
The pop nugs I screen. But never have flipped. Shakes or stired.
But nugs always dry flat side of coarse but they dry.

I've been seeing alot of hang 3-7 tote or cooler or bag 8-24 hrs.
Then jars. Or more dry then jars.

I'm a little Erie on compacting in a bag.

Thanx. Do as I do cept on racks with maybe a flip half way through.
LH

I hang all of mine as i think it dries more evenly and you don't have to turn it. I have lovely screens and have used a pancake turner to turn them, but now i just use it for the shake/hash stuff. I hang all I can.

When I run out of room to hang stuff I grab the top of a pizza box,poke holes in it,poke stem through holes and lay them on a dresser or something,or lean them against a wall.

I'd need a lot of pizza boxes.
I took 3 of our old air purifiers n made charcoal inserts for them took out there filters n sht filled a leg of panty hose with carbon stuffed it in there napped cover on n bang. I now can now hang in laundry room no problems or worries of smell.
Working on temp n humidity now. :D
Thax everyone.
LH.

I have 2 of these, hold 7 lb. each....1/4" x 1/4" poly mesh screen, no need to flip buds. I run 2 oscillating fans on low & a dehumidifier.

rack1.JPG

rack3.JPG

rack2.JPG

I hang my Big Buds and Screen my popcorn.

that looks like a hell of of n idea

lovbnstoned :cool: :icon_smile:
ol stoner :tokie:

bwanabud nice set up i like the use of pvc rather then wood real clean looking as with your whole set up you are a pro fo sho

gotta chime in and add to the no-flip group ;)
i hang cola's, and screen whatever wont hang (i usually leave branch hooks the way i cut them so they hang easy ;) )
but only for a few days. i later cut them down and screen everything for the last couple days of drying (i just found a more complete even dry that way) ..and i never flip anything.

only draw-back to screening from the start, is flatter buds IME. *as long as your not messing with them, turning them, breaking trichs off ;)
:)

kaotik said:
i hang cola's, and screen whatever wont hang (i usually leave branch hooks the way i cut them so they hang easy ;) )
but only for a few days. i later cut them down and screen everything for the last couple days of drying (i just found a more complete even dry that way) ..and i never flip anything.

only draw-back to screening from the start, is flatter buds IME. *as long as your not messing with them, turning them, breaking trichs off ;)

:yeahthat:

That's how I do it also... I hang the plant & rough strip the fan/large sugar leaves off...let her hang a couple days to "stiffen up"...then I cut the budds off the stalk & rack dry them...give them a final trim & into curing they go.

DSCN1211.JPG

kaotik said:

Ahhhhh never thought of a few day hang dry n fininshng after they harden off some.
Thanx you guys.
LH.

I hang everything thats worth hanging for a few days Smaller stuff goes in a large flat aluminum tray, then de-stem and lay flat on a sheet of plastic for a couple more days. Then I place them in super size ziploc bags for a day to draw out some interior moisture and lay out another day or so. Then they are usually done and smoke worthy. Always have airflow around.

Hmmm, I hang dry but my times seem a lot longer then everyone else. I hang them for a couple of weeks at least. I check for the stem snap. Then after the stem snap it goes to jars then they get burped every day for a couple of weeks.
Maybe I am waiting to long.

No. longer the better cure.

I hang mine 7-14 days (dependant upon how warm it is), cut remove what fans there are, leaving some of the more sugared sugar leaf. Then either box them for a 1-2 weeks for a more leathery feel or straight into the jars barring time.

I don't like rack drying cuz it seems to make them a lil bit flattened if you lay them down freshly cut, ime.

Latest posts

Back