When to start nutes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypnatize

Reaction score
Ok guys so I would like to know when i should start adding nutes to my girls one is seed and other is clone both are in roots 707 but will be going into ffof next transplant.so should I wait to give them nutes after they are in ffof and have used up all the nutes in that soil so they don't burn or is it ok to start feeding them now and keep feeding even after they go in ffof.i plan on transplanting one more time then on to there final homes 15 gal pots I have the entire fox farm nutes line as well as molasses and calmag here's a pix of them now never having fed them nutesView attachment 20170404_080235.jpgView attachment 20170404_080257.jpg I don't want to feed them then have to stop because they are in ffof which already has nutes in it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Also I'm in northern Cali and plants will go out side for regular growing season in June if that helps.i want to follow the fox farm feeding schedule just don't know when i should start it any help/correspondence will be highly appreciated thanks

They look kinda hungry to me. I would be feeding them at this point. I always start out using a quarter of the recommended dose.

I would have started feeding a LONGTIME ago, but i dont use your soil so maybe someone familiar with the soil you are using would be best to hear from.

Hi! Good looking plants, they do look however as if they would appreciate some food at this stage :) I would say 1/2 strength

Thank you all for your replies my thoughts were to start feeding as well just didn't know if I should so I will start next watering thank you guys.also when I transplant into fox farm ocean forrest soil should I continue to feed them nutes even though ffof soil has a lot of nutes in it already?

My understanding is that when you transplant, you should not feed them right away because of the shock of transplanting. If those were mine, I'd give them a light feeding to give them some vigor, then the transplant soon. You have a lot of time before they are outdoors. I suspect they will be monsters by then and Godzilla-like by harvest.

Ok so I fed both plants today at 2tsp a gallon gave them fox farm big bloom.the chart said 6tsp but I went with 2.well my clone likes it but not so much my seed she has drooped drastically as soon as the nutes hit her I saw her change so I flushed her right away hopefully she bounces back.was the amount I gave too much?was it too early for her to get nutes any help appreciated also gave em both cal mag 1.25 tsp fist pic is after nutes second pic is before nutes
9ce330c7415bcefc45538e8ce7c4a5ee.jpg
e4040123bc507199b3006de0ba8ca663.jpg

Should be giving them veg nutes instead of bloom. Sounds weird that the plant from seed reacted so fast and so poorly to a light dose. Is there a pic of the droopy seed plant?

The first pic is the droopy seed plant

Also the fox farm feeding schedule calls for big bloom first
26ef534e6f1d877f6d767159c4ac8ffb.jpg

Both your plants look pretty good. I even think the seed plant looks healthier. It is darker green. I have not used fox farm but I am sure if you follow the schedule you will get good results. It wouldn't be so popular if it didn't work well. You will do well. You worry about your plants like I do. I kind of obsess. Good work so far.

Thanks yeah I do worry about em first grow lol just seems odd the schedule calls for big bloom first but ima stick to it

Latest posts

Back