What the French happened?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrNiceGuy1313

Reaction score
Out of nowhere a few days ago. The leaves by the top buds lost color and basically dried to a crisp? Haven't changed anything. Recently I gave a soil treatment to prevent mites (Sns 209). It's was 90° and no wind for a few days(it's been growing all summer in same temp tho). I've got about 3 weeks left of flower. The new bud growth seems to be drying out too? Hasn't gotten worse in the past few days, but haven't noticed much new bud growth either. I just flushed it today, with hope the buds continue to grow. I switched from a 6-12-6 fert to a 5-50-17 about a week ago. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1413397566270.jpg

I hate to be the one to tell you but I think that plant done for. All the fan leaves are gone, it looks like it's dying from the inside out. Even if it rebounded it won't yield much more than what you see already. Take what you learned and start a new plant.

I had to defoliate because I ran into a little mite problem. Fixed that tho. But it does seem to be dying from the inside out. Should I harvest early, or let it roll for a couple more weeks? It hasn't gotten any worse since I flushed it.

Unfortunately, defoliating a plant will not help with a mite problem--it just stunts the growth of the plant and the mites now concentrate on the foliage left. There are many good organic pesticides out there that are safe to use on cannabis and very effective.

I don't think, however, that the plant is done for. I am sure you just burn the bejeezus out of it. Did you see the post I made in your other thread about the Hawaiian Bud?

Yup. And I agree. I used SNS 217 and 209 to rid the mites. The defoliating was a mistake. Guess it's trial and error in the beginning. I fed it using a 1/4 tsp per gallon today. We'll see how she is tomorrow. No more has died tho. Thanks so much for helpin out a noob HG. I've learned so much in just the first go round. Could only get better from here. Ha

Glad she is looking better. I think that I might give her a bit of time to recover before giving the Hawaiian Bud again, even at small does. You don't want any more of that plant burned.

I would also recommend using SNS217 if you have a mite infestation and then use the 209 as a preventative. Too much pesticide can cause problems, too...even natural things like SNS products.

Latest posts

Back