The Dr's Office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it sucks that you got spider mites doc, what is your plan to deal with them? i think that growing on raised tables helps a lot in prevention, i have not been hit by it except a couple of times through my years, and i suspect that tables contributed in prevention

hey doc whats been up man. sorry to hear about the mites. but so far you been booming dude. looking good. pulling up a seat:vap_bong__emoticon:

it sucks that you got spider mites doc, what is your plan to deal with them? i think that growing on raised tables helps a lot in prevention, i have not been hit by it except a couple of times through my years, and i suspect that tables contributed in prevention

It's broad mites.. not spider mites. :) Also, I'm 200% sure this came from a clone I got last month. I've spoke with that person, as the clone just barely passed through his hands to me, and that person gave HIM broad mites. LOL. What a cluster!

I'm going to use some Avid on all stations. I may have to entirely destroy Tent 1, but first I'm going to try to treat it. We'll see what happens.

Well, I do have something to be excited (mostly) about today!

Grand total for the last tent just came in. I had 1 of the 16 plants die on me about 1 week into flip because I had quickly transplanted 4 more into the tent to make it 16 instead of 12. I Had transplanted them all into FINE PITH COCO, which is a real big NO NO! So Those 3 under developed in the fine pith, I had one die on me, and I could've EASILY gone another 10-14 days on the tent, but required meds as I was o.u.t.! So, all things considered, I'm exceptionally happy with the final haul. My "minimum goal" for each tent is 16 oz's, and with new methods I hope to easily double that! So, with 1 plant down, I hit my goal in all technicality

420 grams exactly, dry weight. That's 15 oz's....1 per plant, which was my minimum goal AND I was sureeee I didn't hit it! I had a couple plants just give me 1/2 an oz, due to poor pre-training going in, but I had a few give me 1.5 oz's and still could've been trained out better.

This Tent 1 that now has broad mites would've really showed me what getting them bigger and trained better would've done.... *sigh*

420g's @ 720w's of LED = 0.583334 Grams per watt, on a crappy run.

Another grower just got 0.76666667 Grams per watt, with the exact same lights. I'd say 1 GPW is possible with these lights, easily. We both had some sort of "issue" during this process, so it could be ironed out slightly. I think the other grower certainly got as close to "perfect" as they could with this one, so .8 - 1 GPW seems to be the performing peak I would guess.

Nice work DGF........ this makes 2 grows this week I know of which hit it out of the park using the Mars LED lights.......... facts are in and they work......... in fact with the increase in Trics on the plants using LED over HPS may be the best way to go these days for the personal grower.

LED over HPS may be the best way to go these days for the personal grower.

Easily :) I'll never look back that's for sure!

Now... to get some Avid and get rid of these broad mites :(

Alright, going to probably take down Tent 1 and call it a loss. What a bunch of time and effort down the tubes....

I may try Avid first, since I have some on the way, but 3 weeks into flower with a massive Broad Mite infestation and bud sites already browning from the invasion... it's not looking good. I may be better off just ripping it all down. :(

Will keep you all updated. Everything in Tent's 2, 3 and veg look phenomenal right now, so that's good :)

alright, going to probably take down tent 1 and call it a loss. What a bunch of time and effort down the tubes....

I may try avid first, since i have some on the way, but 3 weeks into flower with a massive broad mite infestation and bud sites already browning from the invasion... It's not looking good. I may be better off just ripping it all down. :(

will keep you all updated. Everything in tent's 2, 3 and veg look phenomenal right now, so that's good :)

View attachment flamethrower_by_thegrimlemon-d2ynwsx.jpg

**AVID USED** on all 4 spaces, and I've trimmed back Tent 1 to even everything out and get rid of as much of the top damage as possible. I will be attempting a reveg before I flip it back, just to get it back on track.

Sorry DGF. Big fat bummer on the broad mites. I have never seen one I don't think. You will get it back on track fast..

It's almost been exactly 48 hours since application.... nothing looks yellow like I was thinking would happen. As a matter of fact, the stuff in veg almost took it like a foliar spray, LOL. Everything looks great at the moment, considering.

Pic update. First 4 pictures are of the room that has been sprayed, chopped, and put into reveg. This is the tent with most of the broad mite damage. All the other tents took to the Avid spraying like I was foliar feeding, hah!!! Seriously, healthy as heck and we're exactly 48 hours from spraying. No yellowing on anything in the room. Good, strong, healthy white roots in the DWC for Tent 3.

View attachment Aug26thUpdate (1 of 10).jpg

View attachment Aug26thUpdate (2 of 10).jpg

View attachment Aug26thUpdate (3 of 10).jpg

View attachment Aug26thUpdate (4 of 10).jpg

View attachment Aug26thUpdate (5 of 10).jpg

View attachment Aug26thUpdate (6 of 10).jpg

View attachment Aug26thUpdate (7 of 10).jpg

View attachment Aug26thUpdate (8 of 10).jpg

View attachment Aug26thUpdate (9 of 10).jpg

View attachment Aug26thUpdate (10 of 10).jpg

Swinging through doc, looks good. New issues ?

Well... not an issue, but I do have a predatory mite that preys on Fungus Gnat Larvae.

Everything is "moving along" over here.

.....we'll see....

Thanks for checking in! :aok: :D

Swinging through doc, looks good. New issues ?

Well... not an issue, but I do have a predatory mite that preys on Fungus Gnat Larvae.

Everything is "moving along" over here.

.....we'll see....

Thanks for checking in! :aok: :D

looking good! good luck with the flowering

Latest posts

Back