back at it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had a question that i haven't found any type of answer to. i just transplanted this beauty into a 5gallon pot.(as shown above) i'm just curious how essential is it that the pot has a drainage hole to the leak excess water? i need to know ASAP since this pot doesn't have any and i'd really like to act on it before it's too late? what can happen if i over water with no drainage holes?

The plant will die without drainage holes. Over watering suffocates the plant and the roots get no air and the plant dies. Get a new pot.. and welcome back.

hey MP family, i have a new baby on her way. I'll be posting some pictures of the progress.

Dump that Jar and use a proper black plastic round pot of about 3 us gallons(15 liters) these clay pots suck water ouuta the soil starving ur plant, unless you wanna paint the inside ...? still not enough perlite either? 30% please!!!!

Welcome back dank! I agree with both Rosebud and Vostok. Good drainage is critical--the plant cannot live without it. More perlite will help with drainage. I am not a fan of clay pots either....and that pot doesn't really look to be nearly 5 gallons. Set a 5 gallon bucket next to it and see how it compares.

Your plant looks happy and healthy, but you do need drainage, a different pot and more perlite.

Why make it hard. Get the drill out and make some holes. Don't disturb your crop. All of my big pots were drilled for drainage.

Why make it hard. Get the drill out and make some holes. Don't disturb your crop. All of my big pots were drilled for drainage.
^^ you ever drilled out a few holes in a clay pot??

at this stage i would definitely take the chance and move them into plastic, much easier, light weight cheap ...

well that very night i plucked some holes into the bottom of the pot. it's actually a plastic (clay look alike) pot so drilling is no problem. as for perlite. i was worried i might have been over doing it. but will definitely add more. any recommendations as to how i should do so? i don't want to transplant since i just did so a week ago and have no clue how to transplant out of such a big pot.
thank you all for the warm welcome and the reassurance to my concerns. it's good to be back:peace:

You had mentioned that this was 5 gal, but it just doesn't look that big. Can we get a pick of the entire pot? I think that you are going to need to add perlite. If you are in a 5 gal pot, the roots will not have even begun to fill the space, so it would not be like transplanting a root-bound plant.

There is no reason that transplanting has to be stressful to your plants, if you are careful.

i'll post some new pictures soon THG i'll make sure to take your shot while i'm at it. so you're saying i should just dig around the edges and refill it? i will do so in a few. and good call i noticed how when i last watered a lot of the water just floated up top for a good while. what would ya'll recommend i use spike my root growth? i'm not necessarily shooting for the biggest yield but i would love if this sexy lady stayed as healthy as possible. i started her from seed and she's given me no problems thus far, hope i can keep it that way.

it may look like i over did the perlite, but i was only ballsy to thread through the top 2 inches of the dirt that surrounded my lovely. I am hoping while feeding it, it can mix in a bit better. that's why i added a bit extra. I also decided to switch the light cycle over to 12/12, does she look ready to begin her flower stage?

it may look like i over did the perlite, but i was only ballsy to thread through the top 2 inches of the dirt that surrounded my lovely. I am hoping while feeding it, it can mix in a bit better. that's why i added a bit extra. I also decided to switch the light cycle over to 12/12, does she look ready to begin her flower stage?

you can't over do perlite........ you need the perlite where the roots are........ no roots in top 2 inches of soil....... I don't believe your plant is ready for flower...... is that a clone plant?........ I see alternating stems.

no it's from seed should i let it dry more though? i fed her 2 days ago... wondering if there's any risk in the fact it's on mostly wet soil

Dank, if you want a bigger harvest you will need to veg her for a while longer. If you flower her now you wont get much.

If you have room, let it grow some more.
I've seen that perlite migrated to the top anyway. I use about 40-50% perlite. Seems to work fine. No drainage issues.

I also echo the opinions that she is not ready to flower yet. Generally you want to wait until she is sexually mature before you put her into 12/12. If you flower her when she is this small, you will be counting your yield in grams.

noted. i did leave her in 12/12 for 2 whole days so i'll switch her over to 18/6 and hope no real damage has been done here. I wil give her a few more weeks of veg. and i will up the dosage on food. i had been watering down alot! due to not wanting to throw off the ph and burn my lovely.
yard dog i'm working with a 3' x 3' x 7' i have a dual t5HO cooltubes pulling out about 500 lumins. this will be the veg set until i purchase a stronger set up next month. any recommendations? something that doesn't spike my electric bill but holds it's weight for a full flower period.

HAAAALLLPPPPPP... so i checked up on my lady tonight and realized her leaves are twisting. i read this is from having too much "N".
i understood it hasn't gotten out of hand yet. but i need your intake on this. the next time i water her. should i only water or feed a higher PK than N? maybe no N n just PK ? i have 2 days till i think i'll need to feed again, so no rush. just want some opinions from experienced minds.

Iv'e attached some pics of the twisting leaves and of the new growth. even thought it's not much due to the slowdown caused by the excess N.

View attachment IMGA0001.jpg

View attachment IMGA0002.jpg

View attachment IMGA0003.jpg

View attachment IMGA0004.jpg

View attachment IMGA0005.jpg

View attachment IMGA0006.jpg

View attachment IMGA0007.jpg

View attachment IMGA0008.jpg

View attachment IMGA0010.jpg

Latest posts

Back