mixing ffof with cocoa coir?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techrons78

Reaction score
Has anyone had success with mixing ffof with the cocoa coir and still using the ffof nutrients.im about to transplant eight two week old clones into two gallon fiber buckets that have been growing in the ffof already. If anyone has comments good bad and any insight or methods please let Me know. I have never used the cocoa but hear good things. Transplanting today so any quick help is appreciated.

I have not, but hopefully someone has that will pop in. Why do you want to do that? Just wondering.

I have not, but hopefully someone has that will pop in. Why do you want to do that? Just wondering.

Well im scared to go full coco cuz ive never done it...second I bought a bag today and wanted to mix if possible...i hsv my clones already rooted in ffof...so need to keep that snd wabted to sdd the coco..just been reading allot about it...looks very good.

I just hate it when we need "that snd wabted to sdd the coco." What ??? lol

Sorry rose bud im veryy ADD my mind races..anyway. .I have and will try full coco..but as of now I can not..if I have to wait 3 mo no big deal...had extra cash I have..so been buying all my Led and such so I wont spend snd not have later..I already have the a and b...but was just wondering if it would help to add to ffof would it help..s orrry I spell bad and forget to re read. Before posting.

Techron, i was just giving you a hard time. Let me know how it goes. I took care of a plant in coco once...it drank a lot. It did well. I didn' t plant it. It was a rescue.

Techron, i was just giving you a hard time. Let me know how it goes I took care of a plant in coco once...it drank a lot. It did well. I didn' t plant it. It was a rescue.

Its all good my 25 yo wife gets mad at the way I write..lol..anyway I transplanted all 8 mixed about 2/3 of ffof...so we will see how this goes..says coco needs to be s round 5.8-6.2...since im at a 3rd im gonnackeep ph at 6.4 see how that works....

I think you will find no problems with mixing the 2 mediums. I would run the pH at the level that works with the FFOF and nutes. The coco should adjust to it, especially given that you aren't using a lot of the coco in the mix. I would recommend that you flush the medium about halfway through as I have seen the FF medium and nutes build up leftovers in the medium and create toxicity. Once you flush them once, you just go back to feeding at the normal regimen with the FF nutes.

coco is usually contaminated with salt and pests. flush it well, soak overnight then flush very well, if you have calcium nitrate, add it to the soaking process, it precipitates salt. that is a major problem with new coco that is compressed in blocks and shipped to farms. there may be some cleaned packaged brands

Well I checked then this am and all are looking great.so far so good...

I've been mixing 2/3 coco with 1/3 ffof for over a year now with good results. I use heavy 16 nutes and ph to about 6.2. Not much else to say about it.

I've been mixing 2/3 coco with 1/3 ffof for over a year now with good results. I use heavy 16 nutes and ph to about 6.2. Not much else to say about it.

Thx bro..Will try ...so far its working great..ph at 6.4

Latest posts

Back