spider mites

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chewbongo

noobie with a doobie
Reaction score
Someone save me, I finally got to where I can harvest a plant every couple weeks and now all my plant are covered in spider mites, please help

I use Neem oil for preventative against atacks, just follow instructions on container. But for active infestations get some Azamax and mix it in water(follow instructions for drench)and pour into grow medium. Also mix up some and put in spray bottle and spray all the leaves on the plants. Give everything a good washing with it then wait about 5 days and do it again. Wait for at least 7 days after application before harvesting. good luck

I'm not sure if "Azamax" is Organic. "Organocide" is and it kills 25 insects including spider mites. Kill them bugs!!! Green blessings.

I personally have really had no luck at all with either neem oil or products made from neem oil (like azamax) in eradicating mites. The only things I have found to actually be effective are Avid, Floramite, and Forbid. I do not use neem oil at all because of the nasty nasty taste.

FUM said:
I'm not sure if "Azamax" is Organic. "Organocide" is and it kills 25 insects including spider mites. Kill them bugs!!! Green blessings.

Organocide is the shiznit.

If I were you I would mix up some organocide with warm water in a big tub.

Mix it up really good then dunk a whole plant except for the roots. Let it sit submerged for 10 seconds. I would do that once a week for three weeks.

After the infestation has passed, spray your plants down with the organocide at least every 2 weeks as a preventative measure.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I personally have really had no luck at all with either neem oil or products made from neem oil (like azamax) in eradicating mites. The only things I have found to actually be effective are Avid, Floramite, and Forbid. I do not use neem oil at all because of the nasty nasty taste.
:yeahthat: :goodposting:

If ya wanna play with them, try all the other stuff. If you want to be 100% rid of them, do as THG suggest.

I prefer FORBID myself, never had to do a repeat application. Never have had to use my Floramite that I bought to alternate with the Forbid. No experience with Avid at all.

Do NOT use any of these in flower.

Wet

Forbid is also my favorite. I will use it up to 2 weeks into flower. After that, it is cold showers if my girls have mites.

My plants are generally too large to do a dunk.

Ty for all the replys. THG, cold water shower work for girls in flower???

It doesn't eradicate them, but it washes a bunch of them off and I believe that the cold water slows their reproduction also.

FUM, Azamax is organic

IME, neem and azamax worked fine for mites but I've never had a serious outbreak.

THG, I agree the cold shower or a cool/cold grow room slows them down

Ive been using Azamax for my mite problems. Seems to work pretty well, i wont see any on my plants, and after removing heavily egged leaves and doing some extra spray treatments in the following 2 weeks i havent seen any sign of a come back/spread.

Id suggest going with THG, shes the master around here ;]

So THG i shouldnt use forbid at all on plant more than two weeks into flower??
is this just a personal choice or will it harm them??

Personal choice. It won't harm them. And there is only supposed to be a 2 weeks residual, but I'd rather be safe than sorry (however, as a side note, this is probably silly for me as I am an old lady and have abused my body horribly over the years). I just don't want to spray too far into flowering as I don't really want to smoke the stuff. Sometimes I will go 3 weeks into flowering if she is just starting to bud.

I only had them once, 2 years ago, the next time i get spider mites im moving.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Personal choice. It won't harm them. And there is only supposed to be a 2 weeks residual, but I'd rather be safe than sorry (however, as a side note, this is probably silly for me as I am an old lady and have abused my body horribly over the years). I just don't want to spray too far into flowering as I don't really want to smoke the stuff. Sometimes I will go 3 weeks into flowering if she is just starting to bud.

I thought it was more like a 28 day residual, but I'd have to dig out the sheet to be sure.

In any event, anything that is literally just drops/gallon is something you want to have plenty of time to dissipate. Very potent stuff:holysheep:

I've never had to do a repeat application on the same plant. Truly a one shot deal with this stuff.

The usual procedure for me, is to hit clones a day or 2 before 12/12 and that's it. So far, so good.

Wet

hello
is the organocide safe to water on the ground also?

thnx for the help

Maarick said:
hello
is the organocide safe to water on the ground also?

thnx for the help

I don't quite understand your question--Are you asking if it is a systemic?

im srry
wht im trying to say is
are azamax and organocide safe to drench the grow medium
and still affect the spider mites on the leaves....
srry about the confusion

Just had mites myself. I used dynamite and plant vitality plus, and would recommend them both as it seems to have done the job. But for flowering plants you want to try mighty wash. I've read loads of great reports on it. And it says you can use it all the way during flowering. Also use a vacuum cleaner to suck the ****** off your buds. Good luck with it mate.

.progrow.co.uk/acatalog/info_05170.html

Latest posts

Back