Butane testing thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OGKushman said:
id like to see these lab results... And how do you dab quarts? :rofl: what? what exactly is "highly educated titanium"?

I have a titanium nail...oh only if the crash didnt happen. Many of you forget i was the first to post the hash oil globe here. I got it from Aqua Lab here locally who had the first designs. I still have the pics around...
lol hash oil globe thats old school. people called it that when the domes first came out in the early 2000s. the skillet (curves) have been around since at least the 60s lol. and if you want to hear some doctors talk about bho theres a lot of vids of the recent denver cup where they do just that.
lol dab OFF of quarts, just like ti lol. highly educated is the best titanium company, using medical titanium(grade 2) that holds heat the longest, burns even, has no taste and will never break. i ordered mine from just down the st from you at aqualabs ;)
im stuck ordering ti till darby gets his connect on lock. :rolleyes:

Ok boys and girls i had a conversation with the chemist this morning.

Jeff Brown (who is happy to answer your questions, xxx.cannachemistry.com) has Mass Spec tested many "lighter refill" extracted samples. The residual on the mirror in the original post is a type of petroleum oil added by the company to expand the flame when it comes out of a lighter and to lubricate the lighter. His words were "if you are using lighter refill butane then you are concentrating this oil and smoking it, if you want to do it properly using butane you must purchase it somewhere like airgas." I asked him for some Mass Spec printouts on BHO that he has done before so i could get around paying 800$ for a run of the sample. We should be meeting up in LA tomorrow.

Now intertek has still not returned my call but i suspect rhem to be substantially cheaper (i told them im a student still and this is for a project).

Keep loling killuminatti...some ACTUAL labratory results, and not just talk, are about to blow your mind.

And i think that killumniati was talking about quartZ (as in silica dioxide) not quartS (as in a liquid amount). Dabbing quartS did not seem possible to me. ;)

And to pc my inhaling butane comment was directed at greywolf's post 30. When i mentioned inhaling it i didnt mean inhaling what was left in the oil. You got to sit a foot or 2 away from your extracted butane while you extract. If you can smell it your inhalin it. :)

OGKushman said:
You got to sit a foot or 2 away from your extracted butane while you extract. If you can smell it your inhalin it. :)

one can alway wear a carbon filtered half mask...
when i make mine.. which isnt too often and this thread is making me think twice lol... but i always brought my full faced painting mask home..
(work in a painting shop) lol...

thats when i have done indoors..in garage with the door open 3ft n the back door open great air flow..

LH

OGKushman said:
Jeff Brown (who is happy to answer your questions, www.cannachemistry.com) has Mass Spec tested many "lighter refill" extracted samples. The residual on the mirror in the original post is a type of petroleum oil added by the company to expand the flame when it comes out of a lighter and to lubricate the lighter. .

Thanks for the link bro! I sent Jeff an e-mail to see if he will share the specifics of what he found with us too, including the standards that he is using, so that we can duplicate his experiments with our own gas chromatograph.

I am particularly interested in exactly what compound he found, as no petroleum residues show up under UV, as is typical of petroleum products.

Have not been able to get to LA and jeff has not been able to get to me yet. Im throwing in the towel on the single life in 4 weeks and my life has been crazy!

Whew. Just had a toke. I havent gone this long without smoking in years!

Ill be back ASAP.

OGKushman said:
Have not been able to get to LA and jeff has not been able to get to me yet. Im throwing in the towel on the single life in 4 weeks and my life has been crazy!

Ill be back ASAP.

No reply to my e-mail yet either!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Dan K. Liberty said:
hey graywolf if you wanna set up a canna lab let me know - have experience, would relocate to cali in a heartbeat (already have sibs out there), standardizing methodology and getting state certification are the biggest hurdles but it would be a labor of love

Thanks for the good thoughts bro! Sadly we are in Oregon, and will just be using the GC to sort out our own samples, though we will be using the same standards as the local labs for hire.

Good luck getting to CA! There seem to be a number of labs springing up in CA and some of them have to be looking for experienced talent!

Dan K. Liberty said:
hey graywolf if you wanna set up a canna lab let me know - have experience, would relocate to cali in a heartbeat (already have sibs out there), standardizing methodology and getting state certification are the biggest hurdles but it would be a labor of love

No worries about a State Certification for a canna lab, because there is none. Anyone can do it.

OGKushman said:
Keep loling killuminatti...some ACTUAL labratory results, and not just talk, are about to blow your mind.

waiting for my mind to be blown.

So far I've not gotten any answer back from Jeff, so he may also be waiting for a response too.

OGKushman said:

Ill be back ASAP.

ever get any results from jeff?
you can buy pure n-butane (pharmaceutical/completely pure) that isnt diluted(cut) to increase quanity to flip it.
you can rarely find newport too, the only n-butane sold retail.

think OGK is on an extended honeymoon . . . haven't seen him on the boards since June

Killuminati420 said:
you can buy pure n-butane (pharmaceutical/completely pure) that isnt diluted(cut) to increase quanity to flip it.

Better check the MSDS sheet on this butane. Doesn't give % of ingredients as other products. Easy to find on ebay
Label says near zero impurities.

dirt

Killuminati420 said:

Better check the MSDS sheet on this butane. Doesn't give % of ingredients as other products. Easy to find on ebay
Label says near zero impurities.

dirt

Latest posts

Back