how to pick nutrients

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondlebanese

Reaction score
i am wondering just how to use the npk numbers to get the nutes that i want. example: lets say, i want to feed my plants an npk of 5-10-7 during early flowering. how can i get those numbers? do i settle for close? exactly how do i use the npk numbers ? i understand that the numbers tell the percent of each n p and k. should i mix several bottles?

When adding nutes, you'll notice there's a gradual increase of nutes through out the entire grow process. So your plants will get the food they need. Aside from picking a nute line, you'll also need to examine the nute chart that's provided by the maker. It has a lot to do with your ppm. Parts per million. It's basically how concentrated your water is after adding the nutes. Thats something you're going to really going to need to pay attention too. Especially when you want to figure out if you're adding enough food or not. If I can give you a piece of advice, go with an organic nute line. It's more forgiving than harsh man made chemicals and really easy to work with.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Are you organic or synthetic?

NPK
N is nitrogen, the plant needs a lot during veg. Most people use a nute high in N until they see a bit of burn on the very tip of the leaf and then back off.

P and K are for bloom. At the beginning of bloom it is still a good idea to give N but at lesser amounts. P and K are Phosphorus and Pot ash or potassium.

Plants need all these micronutrients throughout their life at different %'s

Are you in soil now?

imo---i begin with the growing medium---soil hydro ????---what works best for 1 does not necessarily work best in the other---so lets pick soil and grow organic

in my layman's perspective a plant has 3 stages of its life cycle wherein their diet consumes the highest ammts of n, p or k---the stage of its life determines what you should be feeding---babies and veg high in nitrogen---adolescent high phosphorous---adult high in potassium---i like to overfeed lol

from seed i use a high quality bag soil (roots 707) will have all the nutrients you need to start

veg same is true with a quality bag soil---you may mix in some teas to supplement the transition of needs towards P

flowering is where the fun begins---this where i transplant and amend the soil---there are many organic flower boosters high in the transition of plants feeding from P to K---i like to use kelp meal bone meal guano more mycos azomite

not to forget you are really feeding the soil not the plant---there are many trace elements

we all have our own methods to our madness and to stay focused on your question---proper ratios of npk are strain specific personal preferences based on success and failure---only single truth is the plant uses different amounts of N P K during its lifetime---so long as you are cognizant of where your plants are in their timeline of life---you feed accordingly

Latest posts

Back