Fitting plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone uses the scale that he learned and is used in his country. In my country nothing is used in F or foot or inch exept hoses in inches nothing else. And this forum lol

LOL--I wish we had the metric system in the US. It is just silly to have a number system with a base of ten and measurement systems based on...well, nothing.

I dont know THG,,its worked pretty well in Construction for me for yrs. Lol

The United States system of units is similar to the British imperial system.[4] Both systems are derived from English units, a system which had evolved over the millennia before American independence, and which had its roots in Roman and Anglo-Saxon units.

The customary system was championed by the U.S.-based International Institute for Preserving and Perfecting Weights and Measures in the late 19th century. Advocates of the customary system saw the French Revolutionary, or metric, system as atheistic.[5] An auxiliary of the Institute in Ohio published a poem with wording such as "down with every 'metric' scheme" and "A perfect inch, a perfect pint".[5] One adherent of the customary system called it "a just weight and a just measure, which alone are acceptable to the Lord."[5]

The U.S. government passed the Metric Conversion Act of 1975, which made the metric system "the preferred system of weights and measures for U.S. trade and commerce." The legislation states that the federal government has a responsibility to assist industry as it voluntarily converts to the metric system, i.e., metrification. This is most evident in U.S. labeling requirements on food products, where SI units are almost always presented alongside customary units. According to the CIA Factbook, the United States is one of three nations (the others being Liberia and Burma) that have not adopted the metric system as their official system of weights and measures.[6]

U.S. customary units are widely used on consumer products and in industrial manufacturing. Metric units are standard in science, medicine, as well as many sectors of industry and government, including the military.[6] There are anecdotal objections to the use of metric units in carpentry and the building trades, on the basis that it is easier to remember an integer number of inches plus a fraction than a measurement in millimeters,[7] or that foot-inch measurements are more suitable when distances are frequently divided into halves, thirds and quarters, often in parallel. The metric system also lacks a parallel to the foot.[8]

Other nations had, or still have unofficially, customary units of their own, sometimes very similar in name and measure to U.S. customary units, since they often share the same Germanic or Roman origins. Frequently, however, these units designate quite different sizes. For example, the mile ranged by country from one-half to five U.S. miles; foot and pound also had varying definitions. Historically, a wide range of non-SI units were used in the U.S. and in Britain, but many have fallen into disuse.[citation needed] This article deals only with the units commonly used or officially defined in the U.S.

LOL--I wish we had the metric system in the US. It is just silly to have a number system with a base of ten and measurement systems based on...well, nothing.

Of course it makes more sense but it's not based on nothing. it's based on the king's foot, finger, hands, feet, stride, et c.
The metric system makes more sense but it's downright boring.

Im a Redneck with a Tape Measure, ,its all i know. Lol

the answer to small space grows is a pinwheel, I used one on my last grow, precision scrogging, it allows you to strap the branches down horizontally and still let the grow. the key is to wait till you have 6 or more nodes the top it down to at least 5 and that will be the height of the pinwheel let all other branches grow and you manipulate them by snapping etc to lay them down where the pinwheel will go, then once you strap em down you let them ascend to the height you want to flower at and boom you have maximum bud
here is a quick video on it

Thats what i'm going to do. Grow it at first stage vertivally then when it hits the screen i'm going to grow it horizontally. When ready to flower it will just grow vertically the buds.

Latest posts

Back