cloning rules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm happy with my aero cloners !-- U know I'm working on a genetic doubling process to turn regular diploid (2 strands of DNA ) plants into tetraploids ( 4 strands of DNA ) --( See the story of Dr. David Suzuki and how he created UBC Chemo )-- Anyway when I treat cuttings --I lay them out to wilt -- When they limp they go into a hot dilute weedkiller solution I call my Zombie Juice !-- After several hours of absorbing the juice they go thru a long rinse !-- Then I have to try to root them !-- Most should die despite my best effort !
I just need to get lucky once !-- Be treating Master Kush cuts in a few days !-- It was billed as a tetraploid but it's not !-- It may be one again one day soon !

QUOTE=WeedHopper;995279]I have never had a problem cloning with a bubbler. Well once i had a light leak in my bubbler that caused that slimy crap,,but H202 took care of that once i fixed the light leak. But i clone stuff all the time,,not just weed. One thing i found out,,clones like it warm and wet. That didn't sound right,,get yur minds out of the gutter. Lol[/QUOTE]

:D:D

i put the bubbler aside only because it gave me equally good results as floral oasis foam, only that the floral foam is less maintenance and more practical. my cloner is at constant 80F

i put the bubbler aside only because it gave me equally good results as floral oasis foam, only that the floral foam is less maintenance and more practical. my cloner is at constant 80F

i'll bite, whats floral foam zem?? just a dry, green colored foam? how do u wet them? esplain, please, THANKS!

oasis foam that is the green foam used at flower shops, looks similar to rockwool. i posted pics of my cloner on page 2 of this thread, i wet them using a tiny 4w submersible pump that floods a tote above it, in which a tray sits with the foam cubes, then the timer shuts and the water drains back

oasis foam that is the green foam used at flower shops, looks similar to rockwool. i posted pics of my cloner on page 2 of this thread, i wet them using a tiny 4w submersible pump that floods a tote above it, in which a tray sits with the foam cubes, then the timer shuts and the water drains back

:doh::doh:did not realize u were using that with the ebb and flow... congrats weedhop!!

:doh::doh:did not realize u were using that with the ebb and flow... congrats weedhop!!

They float, you have to weigh them down at first. I never got much past that,
nothing germinated for me, sigh.
maybe he'll post a wee tutorial
(I thought it an ideal solution to soggy rapid rooters)

i never said that i use them for starting seeds, i do that in regular peat pellets after i h2o2 and flush the heck out of them. the foam blocks don't need to really flood, 1/2" water or less is sufficient for them to wick, so they don't really float at that point. obviously if they are floating, then you are flooding them too much

:bump: GH whats up with Y Griega? and the others? cheers :D

I have found that less intense light helps with clones throwing roots. I use a single small CFL and keep the clones a good distance from it and to the sides of the light , not directly under it. I have been using the 2-liter soda bottle method with rapid rooters and cloning gel for a couple years now. I have been 100 percent successful this run. I don't ph my water for clones because I don't feed them until they have roots and go into soil. jmo

y-griega is 3 weeks from harvest. its bow season here and have been chasing hard. pics pre-harvest coming... thanks for lighting tip ham. much believe u r correct on minimal lighting produces better rooting on clones. this is why my wifes window sill worked well for her, i believe. thanks

Hamster, i have to say, my experience with light on clones is different, i place up to 6 cfl's more than enough to veg the clones, and i get the 100% with every strain. Maybe there is another factor there

grasshopper I ma waiting to see those Y-Griega pics :woohoo:

I have discovered for me that putting them under bloom light works best. As soon as they appear to be rooting well, I move them to veg light. :)

I have discovered for me that putting them under bloom light works best. As soon as they appear to be rooting well, I move them to veg light. :)
:holysheep: 3 growers 3 different conclusions

i never said that i use them for starting seeds, i do that in regular peat pellets after i h2o2 and flush the heck out of them. the foam blocks don't need to really flood, 1/2" water or less is sufficient for them to wick, so they don't really float at that point. obviously if they are floating, then you are flooding them too much

Do you stick the peat pellets into the foam?

Sopappy, I stick the peat pellet in the final pot in growrock. I don't use big foam blocks to grow bigger plants, just small cubes in growrock

:holysheep: 3 growers 3 different conclusions
Lol, proof positive that there isn't 1 right way to do this. You have to find those methods that work for your unique situation. :)

a pre 99 big bud plant had to be topped. my wife grabbed the cut off and put it in a solo cup with plain tap(well) water. the window is facing south. its been there about a week and no roots are showing yet. it looks just like the day it was cut off the plant. the leaves lift when the morning sun hits it. what really gets me is that none of the clones she has put in this window show ANY SIGN OF STRESS.(not like my clones). i will post another pic in a couple of weeks when she will also start to go into flower as the short days.. the burnt edges on lower leaves were there pre cutoff..

View attachment 007.jpg

I'm trying to absorb all these methods, and maybe coalesce my thoughts around something that would work for me. I've never in many tries got a clone to grow. My wife's done the same thing in the window with many plant cuttings she takes, they all grow.

Cloning can drive you batty sometimes. I have tried many different methods for cloning. I have had great results out of every method I tried........ But then at some point something changes. Either the plant strain, lighting, temps, humidity, or some other variables get crossed up and that method no longer works for me :confused: So I move on to another method to try and somewhere along the way, the variables line up right again and it works great again....... for a while :eek:

Latest posts

Back