almost constant wilting...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tn_toker420

PurpMountainMan
Reaction score
alrighty, in the last 10 days or so my best baby has wilted beyond my belief...Everyday i go to see 'em and every single leaf and shoot on the plant is drooped, today it looked like it couldn't even hold the tops up which worried me b/c it hasn't even went into flowering yet...It's been pretty warm , 85-95 F...I thought it could be a watering prollem but i don't think so...I'm worrried it could be rootbound(5gal buck)...But i really ain't sure...There's been days i would go out during the middle of the day and it scare me so bad it was so wilted, but on occasions i will go back after sunset and it will have picked back up until the next day.. if anyone could throw some advice my way i'd appreciate it, if pics are neccessary let me know...

How old/big is the plant? and don't worry I have 6 females in bloom and they wilter everyday, I give each plant 1 litre of water a day in the morning and in an hour or 2 they pick back up.

How old are they?
How long in the pots?
What type of compost?
Plastic pots?

Them there pots could be baking in the sun n burning the roots.
I have a few in 5gal pots with similar temps
That I try n turn 3 to 4 times a day
n I also try n shade the pots.
1 quick thing you could try
Is to take some larger pots out with you n put your 5gls into these to try n cool the root zone down.

I guess this one was started first of june...it's about 5 foot from bucket tall...white round 5 gal.bucket w/ 5 holes drilled into bottom...using pure compost...This is it's 2nd pot, i transplanted at like a month old i believe...I always try to give 'em at least a 1/4-1/2 turn every day...

i moved mine to get 4 hrs in the a.m. and about 5 in the p.m. im in buckets too and the temps are in the lo 90's. a lil shade dosent hurt production (espically when theyre roots are the limiting factor) and a rest in this kinda heat? i work outside and spend 10 mins. of every hour in the shade. try giving them some dappled sun in the heat of mid-day and i think the wilting will go away.

tn_toker420 said:
I guess this one was started first of june...it's about 5 foot from bucket tall...white round 5 gal.bucket w/ 5 holes drilled into bottom...using pure compost...This is it's 2nd pot, i transplanted at like a month old i believe...I always try to give 'em at least a 1/4-1/2 turn every day...

Have you always grown in pure compost?
I use about 1/3 garden soil, 1/3 compost, and 1/3 peat moss to hold onto the water. I agree with keeping the pots cool, and I covered the soil in my two 5 gal. pots with a few seashells to help slow the evaporation. It's been 90 to 105 degrees here since June. I have to soak them every day.

You could try taking a bigger bucket out there with you, pop your plant into this and give it a good long soak.

Slartibartfast said:
Have you always grown in pure compost?
I use about 1/3 garden soil, 1/3 compost, and 1/3 peat moss to hold onto the water. I agree with keeping the pots cool, and I covered the soil in my two 5 gal. pots with a few seashells to help slow the evaporation. It's been 90 to 105 degrees here since June. I have to soak them every day.

Not every plant will go into pure compost, but i usually try a few different things...trial and error i guess...It's more of soil than compost due to the time it's been decomposing, very black soil...Broken down coffee grounds, egg shells, melon rinds, beer, tree trimmings, foddershocks from previous halloweens, etc...But like you said you did with the seashells, do you think that i could use aquarium pebbles/gravel for this??? i appreciate all the help

1 thing that just came to me;)

Next time why don't you try growin something like a tom in the same size pot at home, keep it well watered and this plant should give you a "Heads up"of when your other crops may need watering..................

If ya see what I mean........................

Latest posts

Back