Microorganisms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucas

Reaction score
Currently in the middle of my 2nd outdoor grow.

While applying some Earth Juice fertilizer for the first time the other day, I used tap water to mix in with my fertilizer. I watered my plants with it and being somewhat new, I didnt think anything of it at the time.

I was reading these forums last night and I read that the chlorine in tap water will annihilated all the microorganisms in my soil. Which is apparently very bad.

Anyways, I'm wondering if it's possible to correct this problem, and get some microorganisms back in there ?
I see that Earth Juice has a product called MicroBlast. Anyone know anything about it ?

I don't think you have anything to worry about. They're plenty of microorganisms in the soil outdoors, and even if the chlorine kills all of them where you watered, I don't think it would take long for them to take over again.

Next time, if you really want to be diligent, let the water sit stagnant for a day or two, the chlorine will slowly evaporate.

I think the extra nutrients probably outweighed any damage (if any!) the small amount of chlorine might have done.

Thx bud, I was worried for a second.

I'll take some pics of my ladies tomorrow.
Think you guys will be surprised to see where they're growing. : )

Another thing...
All of my plants are in 5 gal. pots. While inspecting them today, I noticed some of the roots are sticking out of the holes in the bottom of the pots.

I'm thinking about buying a ton of potting soil, and making a nice 2 foot deep flower bed, and transplanting from the pots right into the ground.

First of all is this even a good idea ? The plants have all been growing for the past 3 months and are starting to develop small buds in places. I'm thinking it might be to much of a shock to their system to transplant them this late in their lives. On the other hand most of them are only 3-4 feet tall and I would like to give them more room in hopes it will help them grow more in the last little bit of veg.

If I do decide to put them in the ground, I'm worried about how to safely get them out of the pots. Is there a trick to it ? The only thing I could think of would be to cut the pot in half.

Or go to wal-mart and get a cheapo auqurium pump and stone and bubble your water. Doing this with your ferts in it is good as well (after of course letting the chlorine bubble off) :D

Maybe you could cut the bottom of the pot and put them in the ground in the pot...

yeah, I thought about that...
Anyways I'm going to try the transplant today.
I would rather take them right out of the pots, but if that's not possible I will cut out the bottoms of the pots.

I'll take some pics while I'm there too.

Latest posts

Back