New grower!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naturewrath

Reaction score
Howdy!
This is my first post, as well as my first growth. :icon_smile:

The other day when I was searching for some info I found this sweet forum.
After reading a few threads with many beginners tips and seeing growers sharing their valuable experiences I knew that this is a site I'm going to spend many hours on.

And me? I'm a young man who started smoking 2 years ago. I wanted to start growing since the beginning but circumstances haven't been quite right - untill now :yay:

My English may not be fluent but I'll do my best for you to understand me.
I will upload some pictures in this thread soon (today)

Greetings from Northern Europe.
:smoke1:

View attachment 125x125.jpg

View attachment AM.jpg

View attachment SS.jpg

View attachment MI + AM.jpg

View attachment IMAG0191.jpg

Last edited:
I think they may suffer from a little nut burn since they started yellowing a bit. They been flowering for 3 weeks now. Maybe I should have kept them in veg. state longer for a better yield?
Nutrients from greenhouse.

View attachment Nuts.jpg

Welcome to MP. Your English is very good! I don't think we will have any trouble here communicating with you.

Your grow does look to be suffering from some nutrient problems, but I believe it may be a deficiency and or pH problems. Tell us more about what, when, and how you feed them and we will see if we can help you green them up some. I am not familiar with Green House nutes.

Welcome to MP....your plants look a little bit roughed up. How are you checking your ph?

I feed them with nuts once a week (every other time i water them) since 3 weeks. They're supposed to get 2,5-5gram per 10L. I've been measuring by eye but now i have a weight scale so I can give them a more precise amount of nuts.

They have been suffering from high temp 12hours/day (28-34c) but now I took care of it so they have a nice temp between 24-27c. It sometimes drop to 20c at night. I'm using a 600w hps at 120x120 and have 11 plants in there.

These are all clones if that is of interest.

pH in soil is 5,5-6,5 (says the bag)

Thanks for replies :bongin:

The soil pH is rather immaterial, unless it is way out of whack. You have to pH your nutrients to get them at the proper pH. Plants can only uptake nutrients at specific pH levels. Here is a chart that shows you nutrient uptake at different pH levels: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1908

As you can see with soil plants the nutrient mixture should be kept around 6.3 to 6.8. Some nutrients will adjust the pH close, but most of us need to adjust the pH to get to the sweet spot. Also, NEVER eyeball nutrients--always measure. How long ago did you get the scale?

Your soil also looks quite dense. What exactly is it? Did you add anything at all to help with drainage? Most of us use perlite. Did you add lime to the soil? This helps to keep your pH levels on a more even keel. What is the purpose of the clay pellets on the top of the soil?

The soil pH is rather immaterial, unless it is way out of whack. You have to pH your nutrients to get them at the proper pH. Plants can only uptake nutrients at specific pH levels. Here is a chart that shows you nutrient uptake at different pH levels: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1908

As you can see with soil plants the nutrient mixture should be kept around 6.3 to 6.8. Some nutrients will adjust the pH close, but most of us need to adjust the pH to get to the sweet spot. Also, NEVER eyeball nutrients--always measure. How long ago did you get the scale?

Your soil also looks quite dense. What exactly is it? Did you add anything at all to help with drainage? Most of us use perlite. Did you add lime to the soil? This helps to keep your pH levels on a more even keel. What is the purpose of the clay pellets on the top of the soil?
TY for the link!
I been watering with nuts 3 times without scale. When I "measured" I used rather too little nuts than too much, so I don't think they got too much.

POTTING MIX:
Soil is 50% light sphagnum peat (H1-H3) and 50% dark sphagnum peat (H4-H6)

Weights: 350kg per 1000L
Dry matter content: 7kg per bag (40L)
Sorting: 0-30mm.
pH: 5,5-6,5

Additives in mg/L:
nitrogen 165
phosphorus 75
potassium 270
calcium 1000

Additives in m3:
1,5kg N*P*K 11-5-18
7 kg Limestone Flour.

To help with drainage i have approx. 2" with only clay pellets and no soil at the bottom in each pot (also holes). And in soil I have somewhere about 30-35%. Clay pellets on top of soil is not meant to be there, I just didn't remove them. :giggle:

I don't think the soil is too dense.
Is the added lime not enough?
Should I use perlite instead of/and clay pellets? Which is better?

Thank You!

You are planted in 100% sphagnum peat, which I have absolutely no experience with, but peat tents to hold too much water and even with the clay pellets added. Yes, perlite would have been better and that it its purpose, as opposed to hydtrotron which is a hydro medium. Peat also tends to be quite acidic. I always use dolomite lime and have never used limestone flour and don't even really know what it is, so do not know how it affects the pH. I believe that the problems with your plant have to do with the peat, the addition of too many nutrients to your soil, and the pH. Too much of one thing can lock out other things.

You are planted in 100% sphagnum peat, which I have absolutely no experience with, but peat tents to hold too much water and even with the clay pellets added. Yes, perlite would have been better and that it its purpose, as opposed to hydtrotron which is a hydro medium. Peat also tends to be quite acidic. I always use dolomite lime and have never used limestone flour and don't even really know what it is, so do not know how it affects the pH. I believe that the problems with your plant have to do with the peat, the addition of too many nutrients to your soil, and the pH. Too much of one thing can lock out other things.
Aight thank you for the help Goddess. My next setup is going to be better. I already learned alot! I've got to do some shopping so I'm ready for the seedlings I have in veg state now. :)
I will update with pics later!

Latest posts

Back