New guy here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanddan

Reaction score
Hello to everyone. I just did my first post here and thought I should introduce myself. I am somewhat of a beginner at growing. I dabbled a little in the 80's but wasn't very successful. Tried again last year after getting my medical card and had problems with PM late in the first grow (about week 6-7) and had to trash the lot. The second try went better, I added a dehumidifier to the mix hoping to prevent the PM but had another occurrence at week 8, just started flush. Thought long and hard but in the end didn't want to risk my health with mold so in the trash again.

After 6 months I finely decided to try again. This time only 2 plants and I just want to get through the complete cycle. This is do or die time, I really hope I don't have any catastrophic issues this time around.

Welcome to Mp sanddan. I am glad you didn't use the moldy pot.

I just heard about something this morning and my preliminary research tells me it is worth trying. It is called JMS Stylet Oil. Look it up.

Welcome to M.P. :vap-leafy_wave:
Just bought a dehumidifier myself, amazing how much water they pull out..

LOL--your local climate plays a huge part in growing doesn't it? I just bought a humidifier. My RH in my flowering space is running around 12% or so.

There are many great growers here and I am sure that they can help you get through your grow. Glad that you threw your moldy bud away.

Tell us about your setup and what you are planning on growing.

Thanks for the welcome. I have a space in my shop that was built as a small paint booth. It measures about 12' x 15' with a 8' ceiling. My first two grow attempts were in a 5x5 tent setup in this area. One end of the paint booth was open to the shop with the tent at the walled off end (outside wall). The tent exhaust hose was hooked up to the booths fan outlet. For the second attempt I walled off the open end of the booth with 2 doors I built that also included 24"x20" furnace filters. I sealed up the doors and any other light leaks with weather stripping. All inlet air now goes through 2 sets of filters. I currently just have the light, dehumidifier and exhaust fan/filter setup in one corner without partition walls and have 4 fans running 24/7 for lots of air circulation. I am at 5 weeks now and things look good so far. The strain is one I got at a local dispensary (old school purple) and leans toward a sativa based on the leaves and amount of stretch. I am using BPN organic for neuts and have been mixing at 50% of the chart amounts.

I just want to get through a harvest so I can at least learn how to cure a batch. Still haven't got to that part of the process yet.

View attachment room2.JPG

View attachment week5.JPG

View attachment room1.JPG

Looks good sanddan. The PM hasn't returned? That's a good thing, I'm fighting that battle right now [emoji17]

Looks good sanddan. The PM hasn't returned? That's a good thing, I'm fighting that battle right now [emoji17]

I'm just coming into the danger time for me. First grow attempt it happened between week 5 and 6. The second try it happened at 8 weeks. Just started to flush. I had a cold snap and the room temp dropped into the upper 60's for a couple of days. I actually first saw it in a picture I'd taken. I had been taking daily pictures of the buds when I caught it. Really tore me up.

howdy grower...

can I ask what you min/max RH is, for both lights on as well as off?

thanks and peace

ps, very tidy garden space!

looks very nice in there.

howdy grower...

can I ask what you min/max RH is, for both lights on as well as off?

thanks and peace

I have the dehumidifier set to 45%. It seems to run 45%-49% and temps are 80-85 when lights are on. I have seen days when the temp is 89-90, usually when ambient is 85 or better. Sept/Oct highs average in the 70's with occasional low 80's so I shouldn't see the higher temps for the rest of this grow. Humidity will be up and my dehumidifier seems to put out a lot of heat when it's running. I'll not sure what the lights off temps are but the inlet air is coming from the inside of the shop space so it's not as cool as outside air.

Your plants good. Green mojo for a successful harvest. So far so good. Maybe the third time's the charm.

I thought you put shower curtains up?

Also get a thermometer that will give you your night time lows. Part of your problem before was nighttime temps getting too low without you realizing it. Use a small space heater if you need to or run your flowering lights at night.

If you are growing organic, you do not need to flush.

They are looking wonderful. I think not being in a tent will help your RH.

Latest posts

Back