any good ideas how to stop light leaks between two rooms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blowinsmoke

Democracy 51 to 49 U Lose
Reaction score
Ive set up my veg and flower rooms. Veg is 3' wide 8' feet long 9' tall. flower is 10x10x9 The problem I'm having is sealing up the opening between the two rooms. There is no door. I just used 4x 8 sheets of Styrofoam insulation and 1 x 2 boards for the framing for the walls. I covered this with plastic and Mylar.

I just cut out a door opening. Everything is fine except my door opening. Does anyone have any good ideas how to seal light out of my door opening? I need to be able to go in and out easily. I don't have room for a swinging door or anything like that. Thanks.

I use a thick black felt clothovermy flowering door to stop any light leaks, nothin fancy, but it gets the job done...

I have never heard of clothovermy. Do you get it at a fabric store?

Yeap, any fabric store should have loads of like a black fleece or felt cloth for dirt cheap. I think I got mine 9 feet tall, 3 feet wide, for less than 5 bucks, and I've never had a hermie, so its been a good buy.

foam tape on both sides, then use whatever fastening method is easiest for you... go to an auto value sotre and get the thick stuff made for repairing car door jams... seals the light out fa sho!

do what i do. my closet has no door, so i covered the outside with a bed sheet, and on the inside i have a thick black banket and the last one is a white blanket. no light comes through at all, very rigged. lol hung in place with all my throwing darts, and for easy access, i just stab the blankets and sheet to the wall so it stays in place. or get black trashbags, and tape them together so you can completely cover the space, then thumb tack it to a wall. im a rigster, its my life lol.

Latest posts

Back