A journey through space and time - Multiple Species

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lookin great so far DrG. got 1 question... lol what kinda of camera do you have and what was the cost? lol sorry for an oddball question but damn those are some nice close up shots, my camera sucks i cant get anything near that crisp and focused lol

Well, it's not an odd question at all.. but I have a thread detailing my shots and methods. So, if you could be so kind to head to this thread, and then "bump" it up with a comment on your thoughts, I'd really appreciate that. Anything else you need answered outside of that thread, please ask in the thread so I can address the thought process to all. Also, I think people have either not seen or forgotten about this thread. :)

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64994

Here's an update. Everything is growing wonderfully, and better than ever. I think I'm starting to figure this growing thing out now :D Not saying there isn't anything I could still learn, wooooo there's surely plenty! And I'll strive to keep learning.

The last pics in here are of an AUTO I'm running. Seems to be fully working on flowering now.. at like.. 8" lol. I know nothing about this auto stuff, so any thoughts are GREATLY appreciated!

The absolute last pic, is showing the Under Current + Ebb/Flo setup almost absolutely complete.

Thanks all for tuning in. :aok:

MajorExportWide (10 of 30).jpg

MajorExportWide (11 of 30).jpg

MajorExportWide (12 of 30).jpg

MajorExportWide (13 of 30).jpg

MajorExportWide (14 of 30).jpg

MajorExportWide (15 of 30).jpg

MajorExportWide (16 of 30).jpg

MajorExportWide (17 of 30).jpg

MajorExportWide (27 of 30).jpg

Looking really good brother :) Are you planning to take any clones this round? I am beginning to think that those kids in the hydro tanks are having a bit of yellowing because they are wanting to grow so hard under that T5 light that the level of nutes aren't able to keep up, but still not sure :)

Man I just realized that those rezes under the hydro kids are only 10gal rez and you said you are only putting in 8gal. I can't believe I missed this :doh:
You need to drain and refill those tanks every 2 weeks!! You can top up with nuted water in the first and beginning of second weeks but then at the end of the second week, absolutely dump and replace because those growing kids are sucking up the nutes out of that 8 gal pretty quick and leaving the salt water behind. :)

OH damn! I'll get to replacing that stuff tomorrow ASAP!! Thanks Hush.. oh and head into my "Captains Log" thread.. got harvest pics of 1 plant in here :hubba: :D

Thanks for stopping in and letting me know your thoughts! You're right tho, something is going on in there (light green) and I think you've nailed it. Replaced nutes with salts and showing the ppm reading the way it is just out of salts redistro'd back in.

Thanks mate! :)

Replaced everything the other day, and reset back to 8 gal in each hydro tank, with around 725 PPM's of nutes in each tank. This morning they noticeably are TAKING OFF! That was like over an inch a day for the last 2 days! :D

plants growing nice n bushy! im hoping to learn hydro next yr. my question is once you set your plants up how many times do you have to water?

Depends on how quickly / easily your pots and medium dry up a bit. At first I was on 15 minutes every hour.. that was a bit much. Granted what I'm using does drain very well, the pots were a bit heavy for me. I've knocked it back to twice a day for now... surely if I didn't have high humidity, I'd have more evaporation and would do it more times a day. Also, once flowering hits and they really take off, I believe I'm going to do it 4 times a day.

:aok:

Holy heavy Indica :eek: Yeah I had a strain that grew just like that, grew straight up like a cross between tobacco and corn. I don't think you will be able to scrog them when you set them in flower because the main stem is going to be too stiff to bend, and all of the branches want to grow straight up. I have heard that some very Indica dom strains don't take well to training so I hesitate to tell you to try a specific training method.

They are growing like crazy though, very happy and healthy :) If you want to scrog them, you may have to top them before setting into flowering space and then try to encourage the branches to continue to grow up and out. But you may be better to allow them to grow straight up taller than usual, and Fim them a couple times when you see the upward central cola growth exceeding the branch growth. This may encourage the branches to grow more which would allow you to tie them down enough to get them out away from the central stem so that they get better light penetration and more budding space.

The cloner looks good, should be able to rock a load of cuttings :)

Thanks Hushpuppy :aok: :D

Ok, I've LST'd most all of them tonight. They really needed some training, as all the branches were virtually growing straight up with the main stalk!! It's crazy! They look like they will thank me for moving some stuff around shortly. They are averaging 17 inches, and soon I will be putting stuff into the main flowering system. So amped! :D :hubba:

Also, I took about 22 clones yesterday. We'll see what happens :confused2:

Well I supercropped and generally bent everything last night. All was well until literally the LAST plant and the last bend... I snapped the branch. Now, I've done this in the past and the little trick I remember was tape...it's worked for me before. After taping last night I was quite confident I'd come back in the morning to a decent branch, that would still need its bandaid for a few days.... wrong... dead branch. DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was one of the main branches too. I have 3 shooting up after my topping a few weeks ago... this one does look like it's going to make it. :(

Yeah you have to be careful about supercropping as some plants are so woody in the stems that they will snap rather than mash and fold. Pineapple chunk is bad for that. :( So long as the plant has veggy growth under the break, it will continue to grow back. You just have to keep that one in veg longer so it can heal up and rebuild what was lost.

Got the 4 hydro plants all setup and going in the flowering station.. and have successfully rooted out 12 of the 22 clones. I transplanted 4 of those today, and will get the rest in a few more days.

Pics will be coming soon :D

Quick pic update. All is phenomenal in the hydro station!! Way better than I had expected! I have my flow and drip all figured out and I'm running 100% right now. Roots are just now starting their journeys outside of the pots. Time for fun! :D

The Soilless ladies have "issues" and I think I'm going to solve that tonight. I need to setup a station that will water them periodically. I'm thinking; 10 gal tote (or more) / air pump and 14" air stone / 240 gal pump to dispersion head / drip lines into the plants / large catch trays.

They droop and I believe it from lack of water. They are dying for it each night when I feed them. Very light and droop a lot during their sleep time.

Also, little update on the clones. They are doing excellent and I've decided to run them on Xnutrients line. I'm using this line (first one I ever started out with) mostly because I have a lot of brand new bottles of it left and don't want to waste nutes or money. Also, I wonder how well I can do with them now that I'm getting things a lot more figured out!

There's also a pic of my last AUTO seed I own. Just going to run it in the corner of a veg tent or something and let it do it's thing. I have pics in here of the auto I have going currently.. it's 1 good sized buds, with 4 offshoot branches.. not much height.. maybe 15"?

NewUpdate2weekTall (1 of 3).jpg

NewUpdate2week (1 of 7).jpg

NewUpdate2week (7 of 7).jpg

NewUpdate2week (2 of 7).jpg

NewUpdate2weekTall (2 of 3).jpg

NewUpdate2weekTall (3 of 3).jpg

NewUpdate2weekWide (1 of 1).jpg

NewUpdate2week (4 of 7).jpg

NewUpdate2week (5 of 7).jpg

NewUpdate2week (6 of 7).jpg

They are Rockin my Grow-brotha :) Man even that auto looks really nice. Its a shame that thing isn't about 3' tall and 3' around :hubba:

Those kids in the hydro look like a pic of the amazon jungle. They look easily 2x as big as the kids in the soilless, but I bet hooking them up with a continual watering system will make them explode with growth :) I would have them to water for 1min every 3 hrs during lights on, and 1min every 4hrs during lites off. That would give them nice waterings 4x during the daylight and 3x during the night hrs. Not sure without seeing it but I think that pattern will work out on a 24hr scale :)

The clones are looking a little yellowish. That's probably because you just transplanted them and they haven't had time to green back up from being in the cloner. Make sure that your veg tanks are a little higher on the nutes than for seedlings, and maybe give a little extra bump of calmag and 5ml of thrive alive in each tank to give them a little shot of B-vits. :)

Your plants are looking great. I just love hydro. The growth in veg can be dramatic.

In the third pic....is that your net pot?

Yes it is... I know.. I should've made more holes and maybe even larger ones. At least that's what I assume you're thinking? hah :D

I'm happy to see roots starting to come out now! Thanks for checking in THG!! :aok:

I'm officially going to do DWC in my "soilless" tent. I'm not happy with the drooping I have going on, and a few things in general. Time to make this operation 100% hydro. :D

Latest posts

Back