Growing Feminised Seed indoor HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this the same place that told you that a HPS is fine to use all the way through?

Lol.... Yeah!! I know but i live in a remote part of Australia. Not many other options down here.

if you have the funds get a t5, not sure how much they are in AU, or how much cfl daylight bulbs are. over here in the USA they are both fairly inexpensive

I can only assume but like everything else compared to the USA... We seem to pay a LOT more. I will suss some prices. Hopefully it not to much. I've seen the ph testers for $299. Apparently there only $90 in US... Nearly worth shipping 1 over if that's the case!

That appears to be solution burn. If leaves get wet with solution or even clean water and the strong light is hitting them, that will bun the leaves. If its solution (nutrient mix) then the leaves can get chemical burn. If you have water droplets on leaves during "daylight", those droplets become little magnifying lenses for the light. That will give you burn spots.

However that being a bottom leaf where its easy to get moisture/solution on them, that's very easy to have happen. Don't worry about the bottom leaves. As the plant grows, those leaves get beat up, wet, and left in the shade to yellow off. If the yellowing begins to climb the plant of shows a certain pattern, I would worry about it.

Phew.... Thankyou for your wise words. Can sleep at night again!

also those leaves will never heal so you can cut em off, they are just water leaves

I, personally, wouldn't cut them off. It is just a guess that they were hit with nutrient solution. If you are not checking and regulating your pH, you could well have a problem with it is causing the leaf thing. See if it gets better, worse, or the same. I seldom remove damaged leaves--the plant will drop them as soon as they have taken everything from t they can.

Bear in mind that pH meters come in all prices. We can also spend hundreds and hundreds on a pH meter or we can get one for $50 or so. Check online. Grow stores are most often overpriced. I can get most things from Amazon cheaper than I can get most things locally at a grow store.

I've been checking ph twice a day, seems to be stable... 5.5 - 6
Needing to add ph down every couple days tho.
Plant is looking healthy other than those leaves. I did spill some Nutes on them so would explain the burn.
I use the little pool testing ph kit. I know this isn't really the best option but it's doing the job for now. I will look online and get some prices.
Plants are really starting to take off now. Very exciting!

If you can afford it, get the Bluelab pH pen and storage solution. You will also need the 2 calibration solutions as well. These are necessary for keeping the pen reading accurately. They are worth the money to me.

yea i agree with hp when it comes to tools and nutrients i only go with the best

If you can afford it, get the Bluelab pH pen and storage solution. You will also need the 2 calibration solutions as well. These are necessary for keeping the pen reading accurately. They are worth the money to me.

the only ph checker i've used is the "CHECKER" by HANNA instruments. about $35., red in color. the one i bought is about 5 years old and never has seen a drop of storage solution in it. i checked the unit for accuracy last week and was almost perfect. i was impressed.i think they are worth every penny as well for indoor use especially.

I have heard mixed reviews on the Hanna instruments. However I do have a Hanna TDS pen that has held up well for me. :)

I have heard mixed reviews on the Hanna instruments. However I do have a Hanna TDS pen that has held up well for me. :)

i love them. i did have another one that i gave to a new guy starting out. it went about 5 years as well and was still working great with no care other than storage in original box between uses..gonna ck out tds pen.:)

I have bought 5 hanna red meters lol dont touch the screw whatever you do

I have bought 5 hanna red meters lol dont touch the screw whatever you do

the adjustment screws?? i have only had to make the most minor adjustments, up or down. there were no issues and functioned perfectly. (5)?? gotta be a story behind that.. u using a screw gun??:laugh:

Found some much cheaper options online. Now just waiting for package to arrive ��

Also I've had a lot of trouble with my clone...
Seems it's still alive but doesn't look healthy... Just stayed the same since I transplanted it.
I was watching my other plant growing well next to it but now that also seems to have just stopped growing.
Any ideas?
I've monitored th ph with my shitty tester, obviously waiting for new one to arrive. But was going so well before so thinking might be something else.
The very little new growth I have had seems to be light green and twisted kinda curling, larger leaves look fine tho.
Tips are a little burnt, I'm guessing Nutes may have been to strong. I've since flushed and adjusted Nutes but hasn't done much, been 3 days. No new growth.
I've read forum after forum and had mixed reviews.

Also my system I have, I can not find anywhere online. I'm wondering if it's actually set up right...

what system do you have again some odd thing i think i remember reading and questioning prior, currently to lazy to go back and read, if you are in soil or soilless then you want to make sure they are drying out completely as it bone freaking dry, when its dry the plant is breathing in air if its always wet it cant breath, the exception to that rule is DWC which has air being run directly to the each buckets roots, in ebb and flow you want to have a fill time of about 30 mins every 4-6 hours of empty time

Latest posts

Back