Critical super silver haze 4x4 tent grow w scrog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats what i have found too. I abuse it over and over and it keeps getting better for it.

Cssh is very forgiving, i know i have done a few things that most would frown upon. I don't expect 'bigger' yield because i did some lollipoping ( i should have done it before the switch) but i kinda didn't have much of a choice imo. Being that it's the first sativa dominant i have tried inside there is a few things i will do a little different next time, the biggest thing that caught me of guard was the stretch and how dense the foilage was after, it has pretty much tripled in size in as many weeks plus she was very much nitrogen hungry during the first few weeks of 12/12. I was expecting a good stretch but not quite as much as i got. It's all ok though i have plenty of head room left and good airflow bottom and top incase there is some more really hot days coming up. Everything i cut off the bottom was mainly stretched branches that were under developed compared to the rest of the plant. I think i did ok, there's still a nice big healthy canopy on top for cssh to focus on. All in all i may have added a little bit more time for her to finish or a slight loss in final yield, just gotta wait and see.

Another thing i have noticed too which is good, the tops that i pinched in several places because they were stretching more than others are more rigid now and full of knuckles. I add silica with every feed too which i find strengthens the branches a little more. There is a few branches that may buckle later on when the buds start too bulk up and i was thinking i can just tie with string on the opposite side of the pot or the main trunk. Will see what happens over the next few weeks. The branches will most likely thicken up quite a bit over the next few weeks or so. Just trying to be prepared for the unexpected. And i dare not say that dreaded 'h' word.

For our shared experience with this strain, as well as others around the interwebs, this strain seems very stable and consistent. My three plants are identical phenotypes. Honestly just looking at the canopy i cant tell where one begins and the others end. Ss1 was a little stunted but you wouldnt know it now. They look really Iook close to yours as well. Depending on the smoke, i would grow this again without hesitation. That says a lot for the breeder. The only other breeder i have found to be this consistent is HSO. I was going to run thier green crack next.

I actually got my seed for free from herbies a couple of years ago. Like yourself if i like the smoke i will definitely be running it again, will have to get more seeds though but that's fine. I haven't found a bad word about delicious seeds online and all the smoke reports have been full of praise. I'm noticing more sativa looking leaves around the tips now which I'm very pleased about. I have some pyramid seeds white widow I'm considering running during a winter grow sometime. I didn't really find a lot of online grows with pyramid although the ones i did find were highly rated. I might start a grow journal next time. I also have some Wembley from pyramid also, big fan of bubblegum flavours. Lol

Hmmm. Got me thinking now. I like the look of the hso purple trainwreck. I have only done indica dominant strains, a few indoors and a lot more outdoors. I tend to plant outdoor ones late spring early summer as i use pots and find it easier if they don't get too large plus i can move to a shaded area on really hot days. I would like some more experience with satvia dominant and purple trainwreck would be a good candidate for a winter grow (indoors)

That purple trainwreck is amazing. I have grown 4 plants of it and it was incredible every time.

Nice job with the auto. I tried a couple auto outside once but didn't have much luck, a bird pulled them out when they were only a couple weeks old and when i got home they were all dead and dried out. Your cssh buds are a lot bigger than mine, although mine didn't really show any signs of bud formation until about 12 days of 12/12. It's coming along though. Will share a picture in a couple days.

Yes do. I think mine are a couple of weeks ahead of yours.

Still stretching a little bit more. Had to move the light up about 2 inches today.

Day 27. Defoliated again today. I needed to clear out the two layers of fan leaves that were blocking the lower buds. I also needed to improve airflow through the canopy. There was a lot of debate about whether or not to defoliate your plants. I have a hypothesis about just that but i needed to clear all that foliage to allow light and air to reach half of the canopy that was being blocked. I plucked a 3 gallon bucket full of fan leaves and lower shoots and it looks like i havent made a dent. There were many light green buds under those shade leaves and now they can bask in the light and grow bigger than they would have otherwise. I also cleared a bunch of dead leaves from under the canopy as well. All in all the canopy looks great. The buds are quite frosty and smell like lemon mango. The last one is the auto purple.
So...pics

View attachment 20170108_175807.jpg

View attachment 20170108_175822.jpg

View attachment 20170108_175847.jpg

View attachment 20170108_163605.jpg

Nice work Lesso, very impressive. I too was hesitant about trimming but cssh was really bushy and i feel better about having good airflow throughout the canopy, my personal opinion. To be honest i think i may have to do some more in a few days or so.

I added a bit of cal mag today, been looking a bit deficient the last few days. My first thought was the light so I lifted it to 14 inches above and flushed, checked the ph runoff (steady 5.9) over the last 3 feeds. And not much changed so i think it might need a bit of mag. I don't think it's nitrogen because the bottom is very much green, plus i don't want to be adding nitrogen any more if i can help it. You can see what i mean on the top view picture above. Any ways I'm not stressing out just yet. Will see how the next few days go.

Latest posts

Back