Soil Moist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alistair

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used a product called Soil Moist? I want to start a new crop now, indoors in soil. The problem is I'll be out of of town next month for a month with no one to water my plants for me. I called the local hydro store and told them what I was looking for and they suggested Soil Moist. It's a prodcut that you mix in the soil before planting and it absorbs water releasing it only when the soil dries up. Of course the guy on the phone said that it's safe to use, but I would like feedback from you guys before trying this product. Any other suggestions are welcome too.

Thanks,

Alistair

Have you ever seen those automatic watering bottles you put in plants on TV? They work great it looks like a long tear drop and you fill it with water turn it upside down insert into soil and wala instant water for 30 days...How it works is as the soil drys it releases oxygen into the soil and inturn the water automaticly moistens the soil and then when it has enough it stops the soil drys again and the whole process starts over...hope this helps...take care...PS you could try a 1 or 2 liter bottle on a pot of soil and see if that works maybe hang the bottle, run a small 1/4" tube from bottle into the soil and see what happens...good luck But i have heard od the product you are talking about alot of flower shops use it in arrangments...

Yeah, I have heard of those tear drop watering things; I've seen the commercial. I don't know where to get them though. Perhaps I might find them at the As Seen On TV Store. Do you know where I could get those?

The Soil Moist sounds pretty good too, and it seems as though it would help aerate the soil.

Anybody else have suggestions?

Thanks,

Alistair

You can usually find it at your local hydro-ponics store.

I picked mine up off of E-bay hope this helps good luck and take care

plastic gallon milk jug.

fill with ph'd water.

poke it with the smallest needle you can find..

place over plant soil keep cap off (dont want to create vacuum to hold
water in) and your done.

you can test with different size pin holes also.. or even use multiiple jugs.

got this info from outdoor growers.

goodluck

What your talking about is PlantWatcher ...

The revolutionary new plant watering system that allows the plant to water itself. (Operated by root suction)

No More Guess Work, automatically waters the right amount at the right time.

Great for Vacations At home or away, your plants have watering care up to 3 weeks or more.

Time And Attention Saver WaterWatcher does the work for you.

Enjoy Healthier Plants No over-watering and no under-watering.

PlantWatcher is the worlds greatest automatic plant waterer! For home, office, or nursery, PlantWatcher automatic plant watering system automatically waters plants using a special new patent pending sensor that waters the plant only when the plant actually needs the water by drip irrigation. Use the one that the best nurseries use: let PlantWatcher take care of your plants while your at home or away!

Also relative to this topic ... Green Genius - Automatic Plant Watering System

Latest posts

Back