First Hydro Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unseenghost

Reaction score
Ok so here is my setup. Flood and Drain Homemade (Please realize that I now know that I need to read a ton more)

Flood and drain fittings
28 quart tub 2.5 feet by 1.5 feet 6.5 inches deep
10 gallon res
GH flora series
Culligan water
Rockwool starter qubes transplanted in 4x4x4 grow qubes

Saturday night started with the paper towel method
Sunday morning all 9 seeds cracked open

I put the seeds in the rockwool starter qubes then waited till monday night when 3 were above the rockwool. That surprised me I usually did soil and they always took up to a week to do that. So I quickly put things together that I thought I had a couple days to get done. The solution was at 183 PPM (starting low don't want to kill them yet). The ph was then adjusted to 6.3

Water was set to 3 time a day at 15 min intervals on the dripper to start. When they get astablished I will fill with Hydrotion Pebbles I have and go flood and drain. I feel better with the seedlings on a dripper till they get bigger. The thermometer I had in the res last night read 70 F. Tonight the termometer wasn't in the soloution. Must be evaporation. So reset the thermometer and still just below 70. Ph is now 6.9 and the PPM is 237

The ph and ppm are not an issue. I can always add straight water and ph down to fix that, the problem is that the tub sits directly on the lid to the res. The res lid has two holes in it for the fill and drain. I needed to check the soloution and then the real problem became known. The tub with all the seedlings tipped over. Thankfully they all landed on the side and not the top. Any ideas as to fix the problem?

I will post pics and a link to my grow journal as soon as I set it all up.

Latest posts

Back