Cleaning a grinder...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

st00ner

Reaction score
Well I have a metal grinder with a keif catcher thing. Recently no keif has fallen into the bottom and appears to be sticking to the grinder things / walls.

Anyone got a good idea of how to clean it?

No but I'll be watching...I have the same thing happening.

First off you want to left your smoke dry out a little before you grind to stop it from gumming up your grinder and allow better harvest of kief. Second but a quarter or a nickle in on top of the screen to help agitate the ground up MJ
third get urself a small wire brush to brush the screen with from time to time to help keep it unclogged. following those simple steps should keep it relatively clean. As for an already gummed up grinder get ur self a knife and a razor blade and start scraping it of gently so as to not shave off metal. once clean follow those steps listed above and you'll be using a clean grinder and collecting tons of kief.

FYI that is only possible with a 4 or 5 stage grinder. 3 stages do not have a seperate chamber for the ground up MJ to fall into.

Fire it up
KT

Fill it with ISO, Polish remover, Terpintine, Rum (for flavor) or any other solvent.

Depending on what kind you will have to wash it with hot soapy water before use. Most kinds of solvents leave residues behind. Make sure you clean them after you clean them.

Also...

Booze will leave a bit of whatever "flavor" you use.

Rum=Rum
Brandy=Brandy

No cream or schnopps(?).

Also......

If you use iso you can basically save the liquid and end up with a small batch of oil. this cleaning/iso oil method can be used for clening vape parts as well. I have a batch of volcano iso I am saving till I have a large batch, then I will post results on TBG's ISO OIL thread.

Just please remember, if you are using anything buy liquor to clean your "Accessories" be sure to wash them after you wash them.

you want to left your smoke dry out a little before you grind
This is key :)

As for an already gummed up grinder get ur self a knife and a razor blade and start scraping it of gently so as to not shave off metal.

I have done this.. using a knife, even carefully, will put scratch marks into the grinder pegs/walls, making it gum up even more next time.

Instead, I let it all soak in isopropyl alcohol (2$ at the pharmacy), and the gum will dissolve away. Repeat another time to avoid getting any sticky thin layer of hash resin on the grinder. Let isopropyl alcohol evaporate on a glass plate, and scrape up the hash resin for smoking.

:smoke1:

Thanks dude, yeah it's a 4 stage. I just soaked it in alcohol and all the gunk came off. I'll def be using your tips in the future to keep it nice.

i never knew you could get those grinders...any one have a pic to share so i know what ya talking about?

I always just used a plastic one and a knife to clean it out :)

Last edited by a moderator:
hey thorn, i don't have any pics, but if you google "pollonator" you should plenty

hey thorn you can buy the metal grinders in most hardware /allsorts stores or head shops in the uk thats where i get my metal one from

Latest posts

Back