DEA chief says smoking marijuana as medicine "is a joke"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe420Camel

friendly stranger
Reaction score
DEA chief says smoking marijuana as medicine "is a joke"

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/dea-chief-says-smoking-marijuana-as-medicine-is-a-joke/

DEA chief Chuck Rosenberg on Wednesday rejected the notion that smoking marijuana is "medicine," calling the premise a "joke."
"What really bothers me is the notion that marijuana is also medicinal -- because it's not," Rosenberg said in a briefing to reporters.
"We can have an intellectually honest debate about whether we should legalize something that is bad and dangerous, but don't
call it medicine -- that is a joke."

-----

"There are pieces of marijuana -- extracts or constituents or component parts -- that have great promise" medicinally, he said.
"But if you talk about smoking the leaf of marijuana -- which is what people are talking about when they talk about medicinal marijuana
-- it has never been shown to be safe or effective as a medicine."

----------------

So either he's a LIAR or he's TOTALLY misinformed (brainwashed) about the most widley used drug.
seriously..?.. HE gets to spend MY TAX $$ !!

:48:

Well ****, no wonder the miracle drug MJ is not working for me....I simply have not been smoking the leaf of the plant, I have been concentrating on the flowers all this time....

You know, i am still shocked by the ignorance of folks or rather their righteous indignation about cannabis.
I called a friend of mine that is very sick with cancer. He is a doctor, he used to work in the office I did. I had heard he was getting worse, he is only 40 years old, wife kids mortgage etc.... I told him to check into cannabis and told him if he wanted to try the oil I could help him with that. Holy crap, you would have thought i told him to take heroine. He (the doctor) said, they ( meaning oncologists) hadn't recommended that! I said research. He got pissed. Done. Won't do that again. Who can not know that cannabis kills cancer in some instances.
Sorry for the rant. But I am in shock at peoples stupidity. Edit: see he isn't stupid.. so where is this coming from?

I'd call that ignorance. Refusing to research and come to your own conclusions.

Rose it's sorta like religion, when your brought up to not question some things, you just accept them as fact and no matter what anyone says, you simply cannot be convinced, it's sad.

I was raised in a church. My mother was a liberal, she taught me to search on my own. I think in this case it is about the arrogance of the medical field and they are brain washed by big pharma? I know i always blame everything on big pharma.

lmao
the DEA still proving they know jack sht about this plant eh?
:(

smoking leaves? using pieces? :laugh: ..comical but sad at the same time.
no wonder it's been illegal so long eh? that's the chief of drug enforcement.. shouldn't he maybe have a slight clue about the drugs he's enforcing?

Just because you are a doctor doesn't necessarily mean you are smart (take Ben Carson for instance). IMO, there is a huge difference between having a high IQ and being smart. Regardless of their IQs, people who are closed minded and not open to new ideas and new knowledge are not smart. Just the fact that he talks about smoking leaves shows that he knows zero about mmj .

I also am appalled by the ignorance and disinclination of some to open their minds--I simply do not understand it.

Rosebud, I am so sorry that you were treated so poorly when you offered to help. That is despicable. I feel that big pharm and attorneys are the scum of the earth. Doesn't it just kill you to see an ad for a pharmaceutical (with all its side effects) and then the next commercial is an ad from a lawyer for a class action suit against the pharmaceutical that was just advertised. Never see cannabis killing anyone, causing them to commit suicide or any other horrible side effects that most pharmaceuticals have.

They are Morons. Ive known plenty Educated ppl dumber then a rock when it comes to reality.

When you go to the doctor, the first thing he should ask, " what is your diet like " and almost no doctor know anything about nutrition. Based on the DEA's own statement, parts of the plant show promise as medicine, would require reclassification to a schedule 2 drug so that additional independent peer review research can be done.

Latest posts

Back