A List Of Seedbanks To Buy From Or Not To Buy From With Ratings

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ordered from BC Seeds yesterday, four emails for my address later, i am wondering if i am gonna get ripped, read the above list...after the order..oh well...wait and see, will put up a post if i get my seeds..but know now i paid way over what i could have paid elsewhere, shhhh dont tell the old man...

MarPassion said:
Don't forget our little list of seedbanks rated by people over here

I'm new here and on top of that list, so for that reason I didn't want to post the message that was posted by MarPassion.
I also can't speak for others...but at least this list above here is fresh and up to date.
However.....with seedbanks it's like jimmy Cliff was singing !

AND THEN THE HARDER THEY COME.....THE HARDER THEY FALL.... ONE AND ALL ! :fid:

Time will show people their way.

SpeesCees
No Mercy Supply

forgot to mention here, i was so excited i got the seeds i ordered, and have even planted twelve, six of the free seeds and six of the ones i bought. all six of the ordered seeds have come up....two in less than two days, and one of the free ones came up, it had a hard time with getting out of the shell but is out now. bought some called Purps, and the free ones were mango....
good growing:D
tcbud

Will there be an end at using cuttings?​

- Female seed instead of cuttings; dream or (almost) reality? -
- Interview with Cees (mr. XX) from Highlife-magazine spring 2000 -

Last year you could read how Cees of No Mercy Supply was successful to produce 100% female seed. The technique had to be refined and adjusted to produce on a large scale, what would take about one year. Cees used techniques described in the seventies by the American Mel Frank. It is strange that after twenty years still no 100 % female seed is available. An Amsterdam seed-company has brought it into the market a few years ago, but had to admit that it wasn’t 100% female seed. It is a pity, because there are many advantages on female seed. In this report we will put the advantages at line with the disadvantages and will again visit Cees to look if his production is in line yet.

In the seventies using seed was common by the handful of people growing cannabis. Smoking weed was not popular and was not done. If you bought some it was common that the biggest part consisted twigs and the buds were full of seeds. Everyone knew people that put the seeds into the ground with always the same result: firewood. But when the North American came with their Sinsemilia, it was an eye-opener to many Dutch. After a few years, the cutting, or then called ‘the clone’ appeared. It was a great idea, because it spared a lot of time and success was certain. The prices in those days were the same as the prices for seed, but it was common to give you 10% more cuttings. That was to compensate the ones that wouldn’t grow.

Cuttings
When the cuttings grow cheaper, you didn’t get 10% for free, but the advantages were still great, so it didn’t bother anyone. Now we are over a decade further and we have noticed that using cuttings do have some disadvantages. To begin with the supply. In the summertime it is almost impossible to buy good cuttings. This is because most of the suppliers of the cuttings are common family men that are having a holiday with their family. Their earned money has to be spend, and accuse them from otherwise. Once they are back in Holland, it will take some time until the production has reached its old level. Another problem is the varieties that are offered. It is almost for 100% commercial trash like Fairies and bad Skunk. Once blooming it turns out that there are four varieties, all with another flowering time. If a mother-plant is having an infection or is infected with root-rot, the diseases are also into the cuttings. The biggest disadvantage is the lack of interest of the cutting-farmers themselves. They want only one thing and that is producing a lot. Most of the times they begin with a cutting of someone else and they keep on gathering for years. This is at the expense of everything we want of a plant, think of potency, taste and crop. As said, the cutting-farmers only want to get rich quickly, so don’t count on them investing time and money, so they can grow new mother-plants.

Female seed, more advantages then disadvantages?
The disadvantages of cuttings are the advantages of the seed. First the crop of a seedling is higher then of a cutting. They are much stronger and so they are less sensible for diseases and fungi. The assortment is very large and all the beautiful plants of the early days you can get seed of. It is a lot easier to drive with a package of seed in your pocket than with the backseat full of wet cuttings. The grow-shop only needs a little freezer to sell seed throughout the year. But the cutting did not push aside the seeds from the Dutch grower without any reason. This is for three reasons, the price, the mess with males and females and the speed. Cuttings you will put after a few days under twelve hours and with seedlings it will take longer. How real is it to think that the Dutch grower will take seed and when is it going to happen? Someone that can answer that is Cees and that is why we went to Kapelle where this eccentric manipulator of genes is living.

Highlife: Cees, can you explain once more how you produce female seed?
Cees: “you can start treating if you are sure that the plant you are going to spray on is 100% female. This is quite some work and I grow over one thousand of seeds that are all tested on the XX. I let these ones bloom and if this is to my satisfaction, I will spray on the upper part a solution of Gibberelic acid. It took me over ten years to find the right solution and dose. The only thing I want to share is that the solution per liter is in three figures behind the dot. Gibberellic Acid is not a hormone, I want to stress this, because to my surprise I hear, even of big seed-farmers, that they think it is so. It influences hormone management and forces the XX hormones to change into Y, male ones. These male flowers will fertilize the plant, and because the plant itself is completely XX, you will get only female seed.”

When will your seed be into the market and what will it cost?
“We grew and tested over two thousand seeds and all plants kept female. The crop was higher than of the cuttings. If I say the crop was over 30% higher, I am very modest and people will experience themselves in a short time. The price is not much higher than the price of cuttings. My endeavor is to be quickly at the same price as the price of the cuttings. The first produce is harvested and will be into the market this summer.”

Leaves the difference in time. Cuttings you can put into bloom after a few days…
“With seed it is the same, only you have to grow them under a strip-light. You only need a small space and a temperature of 25C. Then you will let them grow for about two and a half week. I use twenty hours, but eighteen will also do. Then you put them into the garden for two weeks and let them bloom in twelve hours. So at the end the seedlings are one week longer into your little garden. Count with this the 30% more crop and the same is for taste and potency.”

So if I have to belief you, we grow only from your seed in a while and we will get tasty weed from the shops soon...
“The first thing I don’t know, because possibly others will produce female seed also, but that we are going to be growing from seed again is a fact for me. This will mean that there will be better weed and that is in everyone’s favor. I see you look at me in disbelief, and that is why I will give you some seeds to try it yourself.”

Thanks Cees. I will report in the Highlife if you are right I am the first one to congratulate you because the advantages of this are very high!

This interview appeared originally on Highlife On Line, in the spring of 2000. We thank the publisher and editor for their contribution. Copyright 1999 'Highlife'

Personal note : Please be aware that Female seed is totally different then Feminized seed ! To become Feminized seed you just need the factor Hermaphrodite to become...**** ! Untill today ( 07-05-2007 ) I still didn't discover any clean 100% female seed on the market.

SpeesCees

do chronic rocks, many successfull transactions, he is simply the quickest,, most reliable seedbank out there.
keep it up doc

I ordered from Marijuana Seeds .nl over a week ago. No email confirmation and no reply to emails.

Anyone have a timeframe of how long it takes to receive the product from them.

At least if the worst happens I can always do a chargeback as I paid by CC but thats not really the issue .... time is.

Maybe you didn't know....but take a look at <URL REMOVED> ....and safe yourself a lot of money.

SpeesCees

SpeesCees said:
Maybe you didn't know....but take a look at www.nomercy.nl/forum ....and safe yourself a lot of money.

SpeesCees
www.nomercy.nl
Thats not the answer I was after, besides what I am looking for isn't there .... and it's totally rude to spam and promote your forum by posting links like that.

Cyclops said:
Thats not the answer I was after, besides what I am looking for isn't there .... and it's totally rude to spam and promote your forum by posting links like that.

Right on!:cool:

But first place...this website is sending me a great number of virus **** !
Second .....what do you want from me ?

SpeesCees

Cyclops said:
I ordered from Marijuana Seeds .nl over a week ago. No email confirmation and no reply to emails.

At least if the worst happens I can always do a chargeback as I paid by CC but thats not really the issue .... time is.
I've ordered and received from them, no problems. Lost my first confirmation from them in my junk mail filter. I think it took 3 weeks to receive the seeds. So far out of 8 plants, only one male.

Just got my seeds from Weed world it took 2 weeks for delivery looking foward to the planting.

Okidoki...I will cross my fingers that you will them bring up in the right way !

SpeesCees

Cyclops said:

Answering my own question here .... ten days after I ordered I received the confirmation email and another email saying they had been posted.
Exactly seven later they arrived in Aus.

I ordered
Purple Power Feminized
Jack Herer Feminized
Mazar Feminized
Received 5 Thai Stick as the bonus seeds .... these aren't feminised :(

All 10 of the Mazar seeds shot within 18 hours. 5/10 of the Jack Herer and 7/10 of the Purple Power also shot within 24 hours.
Within 48 hours every seed had shot .... much better than my expectations, I have never had that good a result before.

All are doing well .... actually there is one runt lol.

The only thing I was unhappy about was the initial delay in posting. I paid by CC and expected that they would have been sent within 48 hours.

That said the quality certainly makes up for that and I will be ordering from Marijuana Seeds .nl again.

from nlseeds. they did send confirmation that $ was recieved, how it would be packaged. Even included the fact that the U.K postl service was on strike and also that the strike was averted on the 15th. Seem reputable, decent prices, anyone know or ordered from them before? Also.....if I post a pic of my "bagseed" plant now at 15" can anyone tell me its sex...any certain part i should take pic of ????

Latest posts

Back