Super Silver Haze

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mazda3234wd

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone out there has grown Super Silver Haze before.. im used to growing indicas mostly and am getting a bit worried that this sativa im growing atm is a bit behind.. Im 5 weeks in and its still only showing huge pre flowers.
Is something not right? or have I gota be really patient with this one?

100_1077.JPG

IMGP1036-1.JPG

Hey Mazda, yer camera date is lookin off on the one ;) anyway, 5 weeks and looking at the pics, those aren't pre-flowers anymore, they're young buds....also it would appear from the droopage, you either have them too hot, too watered, or something else is going on for them to curl like rams horns that far into flower, possible nitrogen overdose also. Anyway, if you really feel like they're just continuing to stretch, instead of bush out (which sativa indoor can take more than 12 weeks) check for light leaks and make sure your lights aren't on for more than 12 hours at a stretch - remember plants start photosynthasis within a millasecond of light touching the leaves, any light will hurt during darkness time. good luck

I've grown SSH many times (a cracking strain!) and your girls look ok from where I'm standing.

A bit of leaf curl is common in low humidity with this strain as it's quite narrow leaved but is nothing to worry about as long as your vent is ok.

Yup,ya gotta be patient but oh boy is it worth it if you like a very strong not for girlies sativa high.

Kk cheers guys. I have been battleing a PH problem this whole grow... Its in DWC, Air temps during day are 23 degress, humidy is 60%. night time temps drop to 18 degrees. Its really cold is Australia atm. My Ph has been a struggle, this plant has gotten so big its pretty much impossable for me to change its 20L tub out, and the PH of my tap water atm is 8....
Over the last week, ive gotten Ph in tub down from 7.5 to now 6.5 but within 2 days the tub will be nearly empty and PH right back up at 7.5... Next change im gunna get a few mates in to help me lift this girl up so i can change her tub and get her straight back to 5.6 ph. does that seem an ok thing to do? or should i keep bumping it down slowly? i just wanna make sure shes happy.

I adjust to where I want it and let it stabilize before I change water. She is not going to be happy for very long with that high of ph. Keep it between 5.6-6.0.

High,

I still remember the first time I smoked SSH at the Greenhouse coffee shop on Tolstraat in Amsterdam in '98. It was about 10 in the morning and I was sitting in a big easy chair near the front door sipping on some strong Dutch coffee with bright sunlight streaming in the window. After one hit my entire body was tingling with rushes and the high started coming over me as an extemely smooth body high. It's always going to be one of my faves...

I'm with greenthumberish on double checking for any possible light leaks. You'll have some hungry girls for a very long time so the sooner you can get a handle on ph/nutes the better. Sativas will curl from lack of humidity but the ph is probably affecting that as well. I haven't done hydro for many years but I always used a 'controller' reservoir that made my life much easier when I had bucket DWC systems.

The quickest solution I can think of is to set up a large reservoir to keep pre mixed, half strength nutes ready to go and add them to your DWC more often, maybe twice a day if you can. For a more long term solution you might consider using another container as a 'controller' reservoir and you hook up plastic tubing to interconnect your grow tub with the controller and gravity will maintain your levels between the tub and the 'controller' reservoir. All it takes is a large drill bit to make a hole down low on your grow tub and a rubber fitting to hook up to the hose.

Here's a pic of a commercially available controller from Gen Hydro but you can do a DIY very easily with a few parts. What makes this one nice is the bottom control res has a float valve that opens when levels drop and is fed from the top res. I started in hydro using a bucket system with hydroton and I ran into the same issues that you are with wider fluctuations in ph and nute strength the bigger the plants get. As soon as I went to a larger reservoir it made things much easier to handle.

All you would need to do with a controller like this is run a length of hose to your DWC grow tub and keep the controller's fluid level at the same height as the desired level in your tub. If you have a few inches to elevate your DWC tub and controller it will make draining out your system much easier as you can lower the controller and the nutes will drain by gravity into the lower reservoir. I know you're pretty challenged vertically with SSH though. I've never grown SSH but a few other sativas like Kali Mist and they never stop growing IME... They just flower and grow forever but if you can see it through you'll get something very special.

Good Luck!:cool:

Controller.jpg

Latest posts

Back