Auto White Russian Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice looking "cactus" you there! how do the trichs look?

Thanks man, I don't know about the trichs yet. I have to go to Radio Shack in the next couple of days and get the microscope.

The more I look, the more I think it may be a Potassium def. I can't really tell, but she is due for a feeding tom so hopefully she will perk back up. Thoughts?

I think they look great overall...all my auto grows end with that rapid yellowing of almost all the fan leaves...it is very cool to see in person....oh and smokestack...that supposed auto pakiryder is not an suto for sure...the clone I took lived and put down nice looking roots... I transplanted it tonight...

Thanks Hamster. She does have some cool colored leaves!

Well I see that your Paki is flowering up nicely. Too bad it wasn't a real auto, but hopefully you get some good smoke from her!

I wouldn't worry about the leaves now, Almost all of the autos I had lost all their leaves. Might be a bit early though, so I would continue to treat for another watering or two, but it they just keep dying, I wouldn't sweat it.

As for maturity, I had autos that were almost dead, but still no amber. I would go by the whole look of the plant. If it's turning brown, but still cloudy, pull it anyway. I pulled automatically at eight ten and twelve weeks, whatever looked ready. Mainly because my first grow with these produced very few amber trich's.

Good luck, she's looking nice.

As for maturity, I had autos that were almost dead, but still no amber. I would go by the whole look of the plant. If it's turning brown, but still cloudy, pull it anyway. I pulled automatically at eight ten and twelve weeks, whatever looked ready. Mainly because my first grow with these produced very few amber trich's.

Yea, a good bit of her hairs are turning amber/orange. This weekend (7 weeks) I am going to pick up a pocket microscope from the Shack and start looking at the trichs. I was thinking of letting her go 10 weeks, but I guess that all depends on how the glands look.

Just went and got my microscope and looked at the thrichs. Still clear so I guess I have some time. Will update with pics a little later today.

:watchplant:
Watching with interest. I got my beans in exactly 9 business days like you said. So far so good with 4 out of 5 tap roots showing in less than 12 hrs. I'm very very tempted to go ahead and soak the other 5 fems and fill that tent up.
;) .... Gona be a great Christmas at your place.

225smokestack said:
Just went and got my microscope and looked at the trichs. Still clear so I guess I have some time. Will update with pics a little later today.
Hey 225SS, good move on buying the microscope. As trichomes mature, age and die, they all go through the same exact stages.

1. Clear. THC that has just been manufactured by the plant is clear. It's at it's most psychoactive at that point.

2. Cloudy. The THC has started it's trip into dying. As it starts to degrade, it's psychoactive elements alter to include more of a mixed "mind/body" high.

3. Amber. The trichomes that are amber have degraded to a point where they are more "Body" type high than "Mind" type high. In some strains, this can be serious couch lock condition.

The point at which most growers like to harvest is when the "Mind" and "Body" high are about equal. This will happen with every strain during it's last stages of growth when the plant is literally starting to die.

Some strains take longer to arrive at the 50-50 Cloudy/Amber stage than others. Sometimes remarkably so.

If you're patient and wait, the 50-50 Cloudy/Amber stage will make your weed it's best all-round potency.

The hardest part of growing is the waiting.

Great job man! You're almost there.

Here are some pics from just a few minutes ago. The smell is so sweet! :)

100_0718.jpg

100_0721.jpg

100_0722.jpg

100_0719.jpg

OldHippieChick said:
:watchplant:
Watching with interest. I got my beans in exactly 9 business days like you said. So far so good with 4 out of 5 tap roots showing in less than 12 hrs. I'm very very tempted to go ahead and soak the other 5 fems and fill that tent up.
;) .... Gona be a great Christmas at your place.

Glad the seeds got to you! Good luck with your grow! You should start a GJ so we can follow. And yes, Christmas will be good haha. Esp since I am close to dry right now. :)

225smokestack said:
Here are some pics from just a few minutes ago. The smell is so sweet! :)
Beautiful plants, 225!!!

From the tip of the center cola to the soil, how tall are they exactly?

(I'm thinking of my LED center cola grow method)

225smokestack said:
Glad the seeds got to you! Good luck with your grow! You should start a GJ so we can follow. And yes, Christmas will be good haha. Esp since I am close to dry right now. :)

Oh I definately will do a GJ. Been trying to teach myself how to use my camera.... hate reading because I'm pretty blind but I know it's a must have for a GJ..... I'm planning on working on it this weekend and will start something next week.

Question: I will soon be purchasing some new seeds. I will again do Autos. I am pretty set on getting the Auto Blueberry Kush. If I can remember correctly, I think Hamster had some problems with that strain, but it just sounds too yummy to pass up! But I am looking to get some others. Would you recommend the Russian Rocket Fuel? I am leaning towards the RRF, but I don't know just yet. I will try the White Dwarfs eventually b/c I know those will be awesome!

225smokestack said:
She is right at 27 inches from soil to tip.
Thanks for the reply. That's too tall for what I intend to do. I would love to find a very potent strain of autoflower that didn't get any taller than 18 inches maximum, regardless of how well it's grown.

Do you know of one like that?

I think you can keep these autos fairly small if you keep them in 1 gallon pots. I put mine in 3 gallon pots b/c I heard the bigger the pots, the bigger the plants. Seemed to be true too! haha. I think Hamster grew Short Stuff #1 and it was very tiny.

Latest posts

Back