Mr. Green - I Grow Chronic! - video presentation questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bismarck

Reaction score
First of all I would like to ask you if someone did watch the divx movie of Mr. Green - I Grow Chronic! ???

For me as a newbie it was a very good visual documentation of how to make hydroponics and latter on, how to grow, clone and take care of the plants......but there are some things I don't get due a language difference.

I ordered a HPS 400W set, but in movie he only use HPS light for flowering and some kind of flourescent light with 2 bulbs, one is cool white the other is warm white bulb under one hood (4 feet long, aprrox. 1,2m I think) for vegetation. Do I need 2 lights to grow? Does those flourescent lights have an exact name or short-name like HPS? Opinions, answers?!

He uses PH 5,8 and recommend PH 6.0. I also need opinions with what kind of PH are you working on becouse my water here where I live has a PH around 7.0-7.5? I must add, this water comes from pipes and is drinkable with a lot of minerals (have better water on pipe than some bottled ones and like 2km away I have bubbled water comming out of the ground and is free to take, but has a lot of iron inside).

He recommends bubbled water and sprayer if no money for CO2 system as he have. Opinions please?!

He uses some "magic juice" for cloning and as I am new to this, I wonder what you use for cloning and what is this "magic juice"? I saw on nirvana.nl they sell sort of "magic stuff" but I need a little more info on this thing. Help here please?!

He has some sort of small cubes that he puts seeds in (clones also), after they grow out a little he puts those small boxes with plants in bigger ones, when he transfer plants to flowering room he put them in "orchid rock potting mix" (I think he says so) with those boxes and roots are growing out fine. As he have automated watering system he fills the distilled water with the nutrients that keep growing up the plants until he put them in flowering room. What are those boxes made of (filled with) and in grow guide here on forum i have read something about rockwool. If that is it could someone give me another explanation what this think is, can't translate into my language also I can't find Mylar around here only some paper for printing on ink-jets (maybe another name or explanation) or I will buy it online if someone ships to Europe.

Now I am done watching the film and I have only one question to ask.
About the smell when growing, becouse I don't live in single family house but in house with 8 apartments. Our nation is famous for being cheap and my neighbours would probably turn me to police (btw: laws are not so harsh here as in US and I have no criminal record, so I would get like 1 year probation) if they could really smell it. I do have good relationships with all of them but you never know. Once I was smoking joint on the balcon and upper neighbour was tripping me becouse of a smell but I just said I smoke a cigar that I got for my BD. I could put my growing box in a basement but it is a single entry and upper neighbour is having his basement across mine and like everybody says, I must vent it. Opinions, help (any filters maybe).

BTW: I appreciate all the answers you will give me with all I allready got.
THANK YOU very much :rolleyes: :p ;) :D you are awesome................

Hope I helped a little. ;)
bismarck said:
I ordered a HPS 400W set, but in movie he only use HPS light for flowering and some kind of flourescent light with 2 bulbs, one is cool white the other is warm white bulb under one hood (4 feet long, aprrox. 1,2m I think) for vegetation. Do I need 2 lights to grow? Does those flourescent lights have an exact name or short-name like HPS? Opinions, answers?!
This was so he could keep 2 female plants in veg. and flower cuttings off them. this makes harvest times much more frequent and eaiser as you are only working with females during flower. A perpetual garden so to speak. Many of us use this method.
but..you can run a full grow from seed to harvest with just the HPS. You do not have to have 2 areas. unless you are wanting to run the same strain for a couple of harvests.

He uses PH 5,8 and recommend PH 6.0. I also need opinions with what kind of PH are you working on becouse my water here where I live has a PH around 7.0-7.5? I must add, this water comes from pipes and is drinkable with a lot of minerals (have better water on pipe than some bottled ones and like 2km away I have bubbled water comming out of the ground and is free to take, but has a lot of iron inside).
General Hydroponics Flora series (same as Mr. Green used on the video) Have a "Hard Water" special mix. I also beleive they have a PH Buffer added. I'll need to double check that though. There is a PH Chart at the top of the General Indoor section. It will show you the proper PH Ranges for both Dirt and Soil.

He recommends bubbled water and sprayer if no money for CO2 system as he have. Opinions please?!
I don't do it, still have good results. I think its not a large enough benefit to be spraying. just my 2:cents.

He uses some "magic juice" for cloning and as I am new to this, I wonder what you use for cloning and what is this "magic juice"? I saw on nirvana.nl they sell sort of "magic stuff" but I need a little more info on this thing. Help here please?!
It is just rooting hormone. Olivia's rooting gel, Root-one, Take-Root etc. Many brands out there. All grow shops and garden centers sell at least one brand. He used a Gel form of rooting hormone in Rockwool.

He has some sort of small cubes that he puts seeds in (clones also), after they grow out a little he puts those small boxes with plants in bigger ones, when he transfer plants to flowering room he put them in "orchid rock potting mix" (I think he says so) with those boxes and roots are growing out fine. As he have automated watering system he fills the distilled water with the nutrients that keep growing up the plants until he put them in flowering room. What are those boxes made of (filled with) and in grow guide here on forum i have read something about rockwool. If that is it could someone give me another explanation what this think is, can't translate into my language also I can't find Mylar around here only some paper for printing on ink-jets (maybe another name or explanation) or I will buy it online if someone ships to Europe.
Rockwool is a type of medium. You can buy it at online Hydro shops. It is great for cuttings and seed starts. They come in different sizes.
The "Rock" was Hydroton. Expanded Clay Medium. That is available at Hydro Shops as well. In Europe they are tons of online shops you can order from. Just google it.
Mylar (the type he is refering too) Can also be purchased at a hydro shop. It is metallic and comes in rolls. But is pricy, If you paint the walls of your grow are Flat White Exterior type paint. You'll save some dollars and still get planty of reflectivity.

Now I am done watching the film and I have only one question to ask.
About the smell when growing, becouse I don't live in single family house but in house with 8 apartments. Our nation is famous for being cheap and my neighbours would probably turn me to police (btw: laws are not so harsh here as in US and I have no criminal record, so I would get like 1 year probation) if they could really smell it. I do have good relationships with all of them but you never know. Once I was smoking joint on the balcon and upper neighbour was tripping me becouse of a smell but I just said I smoke a cigar that I got for my BD. I could put my growing box in a basement but it is a single entry and upper neighbour is having his basement across mine and like everybody says, I must vent it. Opinions, help (any filters maybe).
Ionizer, Carbon Scrubber, Ozone Generators, Many to choose from. I would start a different thread on this one as it is all dependant on your space that is a grow area design question.

You helped me a lot and your help is worth more that I can say. You allready helped me before and I thank you for that. Man you are awesome. 10/10 :D

Now I think I am ready for my first indoor growing experience.

I did use water mentioned above for my outdoor plant last year and no rain present. No special treatment. Noname seeds. I pruned once. Plant was 150 cm high with 150 grams harvest. Potency wasnt like I expected but I still got high. :D That was my first outdoor growing experience.

If this is your first grow (indoors). I would recommend doin a Dirt grow first. Get your hands dirty so to speak. ;)
This will let you get a "feel" for how MJ grows and stuff inside. IMHO its different than OD grow.
Hydro when things go wrong it happens very fast. With dirt you have a little more time to work with it. Also, you won't have extra $$$ put into it like pumps, timers and stuff. I'd get the bare essentials first do a grow then move into hydro. Lights, Ventilation, and Odor control. Those things are a constant whether dirt or hydro. You'll have other bugs to work outa the grow area already without Hydro set-up problems on top of it. IMHO.
Good Luck and Happy Growing.

Thank you for advice, will try this method first....

For beginners, soil is the only way to go. I know few buddies that grow hydro and that is defently a full time job.

Latest posts

Back