SAFE picture posting - Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buncha jokers .... I almost feel sorry for 'em

MP is trending in Sooner Country Moo !-I see we got a member called Okiehomie !--Wonder where they at ? Friend of your's ?

Yep indeed. He signed up for the growery and got zilch response so I asked if I could copy his question here.... Which is posted in indoor section... Lo and behold we got immediate response, convincing him to join up. MP rules. New active members are the life blood man, imo.

we need some new active members. if you and moving up, you get left behind

I was at the growery once !-- Came in one door and they kicked me out the other ! --

When you connect your camera to your comp 99% of camera's have the gps hidden in the picture file, it is easy to find, I will not tell you how.

To overcome this.....

When the picture from your camera shows on your comp screen, take a screen shot, edit the screen shot in whatever image prog you have, I find paint is easy, save the screen shot pic and not the original, the saved screen shot is a virgin picture with no gps attached.

:peace:

If it really becomes a concern to anyone, you can change meta tags in Windows.

Simply right click on the filename and select "Properties" from the drop down menu.

Click on the "Details" tab and at the bottom of that window you'll see a link that says, "Remove properties and personal information".

A new window will open and you can select or deselect any of the meta tags. Or, you can add false ones if you had the intention to re-direct. ;)

Simply right click on the filename and select "Properties" from the drop down menu.

Click on the "Details" tab and at the bottom of that window you'll see a link that says, "Remove properties and personal information".

A new window will open and you can select or deselect any of the meta tags. Or, you can add false ones if you had the intention to re-direct. ;)

:yeahthat:

No need to trip on this. It is easy to remove any meta data in your pics before posting. I always keep all gps tagging off.
Loose lips are more likely to sink your ships. Tell No one.

I can't, but wouldn't know how anyway.... Would you mind telling more about this "post processing" you said. Is that just turning location off, or is that opening image "details" and editing....? Or using a certain image host?

Thank you for response, I feel way behind not knowing anything about any of this....

I've attached an image. Can you see a location anywhere? Could anyone?

I was wondering who stole my bike.

I use a disclaimer...

All text, and/or pics, by this person are fictional and for entertainment purposes only.

I do this and it makes a copy. I delete the original and upload the copy.

Latest posts

Back