Rosebud and Rick Simpson oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a couple of friends have people who are sick and wanna try rso. so day before yesterday i made my 3rd batch of rso. i used close to a pound of quality trim. used 95% graves grain alcohol for solvent.. it came out perfectly. got 31 1/2 grams... lab results back today. 66% thc.. little cbd as my strains are not high enough to extract much. went very smoothly and happy with results.

Congrats GH. I wish your sick people a fast recovery. You are a kind person.

thank you!! interesting that again the coffee filters i used filtered out 9 grams of beautiful blond hash which of course i saved. i mentioned this to one of the lab guys. he was quite sure that the thc cells had broken open during the process and there was less than 2% thc in my salvaged hash. am pleased i am not using the wrong size filter as i thought but will have the hash tested to be sure. or maybe just smoke a little..

Hey Bongo, I am wondering how you are doing. I don't know that more is better. I really don't. We have the cannabinoid receptors and I have no idea if we need to keep filling them, i mean, do they only hold so much? We need to ask Kraven that. He is a nurse. I ask my MD one time why we had nicotine receptors and he ask me why i ask him stuff like that and he had no idea. LOL..... Anyway, i hope you check in soon.

Hey Bongo, I am wondering how you are doing. I don't know that more is better. I really don't. We have the cannabinoid receptors and I have no idea if we need to keep filling them, i mean, do they only hold so much? We need to ask Kraven that. He is a nurse. I ask my MD one time why we had nicotine receptors and he ask me why i ask him stuff like that and he had no idea. LOL..... Anyway, i hope you check in soon.

Hi Rosebud.... Thank you so much for caring... I am doing fine. I have my blood sugar pretty much under control now. I am eating NO carbs to speak of and working out. Its working but my blood sugar rises at night. I have that morning reading down from 180's to 140's now. I've lost a few more pounds.

I have not done the RSO at night thing I said I would do because I'm smoking dank in the evening. Every evening lol. I wonder if smoking is helping?

I'll start the RSO at night tonight. I didn't think anyone was interested. :confused:

Kraven's input would be welcome.

I bet the smoking is helping but not like the oil does. This is awesome news I am happy for you. Thanks for letting us know.

i have been an insulin dependent diabetic for 20 years. no family history known for it. i had less then 10% body fat and was in top shape when i came down with it. was working 6 or 7 days a week X 10 hrs a day. under great STRESS and was SEDENTARY (desk bound). these 2 factors caused diabetes to surface at 43 yrs old. my biggest help is "DEXCOM." a wearable small device that reads my blood sugar every 5 minutes. has alarms for low sugar as well as high sugar. even my crummy insurance pays for it .. a real life saver for anyone with diabetes. I LOVE IT !!

thanks for sharing that Grasshopper, that is a statement of what stress can do.. my gosh that must have been a shock to get that with no family history. I am glad you are doing well, does the pot have an effect on your sugar?

thanks for sharing that Grasshopper, that is a statement of what stress can do.. my gosh that must have been a shock to get that with no family history. I am glad you are doing well, does the pot have an effect on your sugar?

yes. shock to my family and I. I first noticed how thirsty i was. could not get enough to drink! then because i was drinking so much, i always had to pee. it was enough to go to doc and say wassupppp?? m j effect i don't know rose..

A1C was 6.4... YEAAAAAA No carb diet did it. My doc, well she was smiling. I did the RSO twice in the evening for 4 nights only twice. I just can't keep the RSO program going. Lots of smoking in the evening though.

If I eat carbs, my blood sugar spikes. Now my next 3 months started. I hope I do as well this 1/4.

I got crazy with the mashed potato's, stuffing and gravy yesterday. mmmmmm

BoF your A1C is figured by multiplying your number times 20 and thats the average blood sugar over the last 90 days....yours was 128...Thats a good number for a diabetic...good job :aok:

BoF your A1C is figured by multiplying your number times 20 and thats the average blood sugar over the last 90 days....yours was 128...Thats a good number for a diabetic...good job :aok:

Thanks Kraven for the info. I didn't know that.

Hi peeps, boy has this rso thing evolved, now it is a piece of cake to make. We freeze the pot, the jars, and the alcohol for at least 48 hours. Then we shake the jars for 3 minutes. Strain well, this is what takes the time. Pour off the alcohol and do it again with new alcohol, we use ever clear. If you have more pot do it again. My husband wears gloves to do the shaking as it is COLD. So then we take the light green liquid that we just shook, strain well, and put it in the Megahome distiller and when the booze is all out of it and we save and reuse the booze with this cool machine, the oil is all that is left in the machine. We then put it in a coffee warmer and in syringes. I

I just re read this and not sure it makes sense. Ask if you have questions.

What size batch are you making Rose, how much cannabis for your normal batch size?

Hi Re, Last batch was 6 ounces, and that made three syringes at around 4 ml each. It used to be that a pound of shake and bud would make an ounce of oil. Of course it depends on the quality of bud. Good shake works well too.

I’m interested in that Megahome distiller Rose. I did a search and found something called a “water distiller”, is that what you use?

This thread has a large collection of seemingly intelligent types so please tolerate my question.
Having mentioned earlier im kimda new at this, made RSO 4 times now, happy with the results. Now im setting up to press rosin and wondering if any one washes the left overs and distills the solvent. Is there anything left in the squashed plant material is a dumber way to ask it i guess?

There is usually some oil left in the rosin chips. And, you'll see it, coating the surface with a shiny coating.

Some people stack them and press them a second time. I use mine to make edibles. Definitely don't throw them away. :)

Latest posts

Back