Organic Satori with Mars Hydro LEDS, round 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

next

Reaction score
Heya MP,

Been awhile.. I came back. Dropped some seeds yesterday, still cleaning out the tent, and blowing the dust off the lights.. I planted 3 Satori's, and a lone Blue OG from G13. Will have to wait and see what pops up.. I planted them in some soil I mixed up the night before.

Soil consists of...

18 cups peat moss
4 cups perlite
2.5 cups worm castings yummy worm castings with lots of springtails
1/2 cup kelp meal
1/2 cup dolomite lime
and a spalsh of azomite for goodluck.

Looking forward to sharing with you guys, and hope to learn a thing or two while im here. Cheers to all!

Welcome back Next! Good to have ya. I love me some satori. I have a satori haze going my self..

Sounds great next! That soil is not too hot for seeds?

I've also got some Satori started for my outdoor grow this summer.

Rose and THG, Hello again..

Thanks for stopping by! Satori haze sounds yummy.. THG I hope the soil isn't too hot.. from my little bit of experience kelp meal never seamed to hurt much of anything. The EWC is just to get the microbes going, and the lime to buffer the peat.

No seeds popping up yet tho -.- They are a few years old.. hopefully they will germinate for me.

**Outdoor Satori sounds awesome. I was thinking about throwing some auto flower plants outdoors.. if I can find a place the deer and cows won't get to them**

Well, I'm a novice at organics...for some reason though you needed to cook everything that had raw ingredients like lime, meals, and rock dust. Seeds stored properly should be good for a couple years, so hopefully they pop up nice and healthy for you.

Going to be mixing up a batch of NV's super soil for the outside grow. I'm still short a few ingredients, but figure I can throw them in when I get them.

I thought about doing a couple of autos outside just to see how they will do, but will probably stick with photoperiod. I have a grow going now that is about a month out. I'm hoping for enough yield to take me through until the summer crop is done (sometime in October).

Organic soils do need a cooking period.. this mix is an exception. The only additive that would create heat, or require cooking is the kelp meal. Because it is the only additive the soil will not get warm, should be just peachy for seedlings. I had the seeds inside a ziplock, inside a coffee can, with some water absorbent crystals, stored in a dry, cool, dark basement. If I did photo's outside I would have to use a tarp to black out the sun or they would become frozen popsicles before they managed to make a bud. Auto's would be alot easier to maintain just for that reason

One seedling joined the party!!
View attachment 20170323_142249-1024x1820.jpg

*edit* 03/25 all seeds have popped up
View attachment 20170325_082550.jpg

Latest posts

Back