Rockwool cloning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, Cool marijuana is a thriving voracious plant. Alot of different techniques work. I might try it without a dome and see how it works....

Great thread NCH!

My questions - what do you do/feed to your mom for preparation. Do you "skarf" (SP?) your stems?

Lastly, when you put the stem in the RW, do you make a hole or just push the stem in, if you do that wouldn't it push the Clonex off

NorCalHal said:
Charles..1" works great for me, tho I do have some partners who are tryin' out 4x4x4 cubes and stickin' 6 cuts per cube.

What I've done in the past (this was for transplanting into 1gal containers), was root 4 clones in a 3x3 cube. Clonex gel and Clonex solution.

Since coming here I've tried the 1 1/2x1 1/2 with the little hole. They work well, but are a pain to handle.

What I like about the 3x3 is, the chunks end up ~1 1/2, but 3" deep. More rockwool for those roots till it grows into the medium.:hubba:

DD

NorCalHal said:
Now, before I dip the Cut into the rooting hormone, I will cut the end of the cut at a 45degree angle, as shown in the first pic.

Then I will dip the end of the newly cut clone into the rooting hormone. I use a shotglass myself.

Then, simply stick the cut into the rock wool. This is where the "stick it in till it's snug" feel comes into play. I do not stick it all the way thru the cube, only snug, maybe a half inch to 3/4's.
On ya bro finally a strait shooter ! hahaha :p clonex they call it here .. and that $hit is the bomb ! Take notice and care !

I have seen some folks use bigger cubes and just place more cuts in them, and tit works also, just takes a bit longer.

Anyone using rockwool might like to check out ALTERNATIVE TO ROCKWOOL in the CULTIVATION>GENERAL INDOOR section. Maybe you'll be interested and maybe not but at least you'll be informed.

Good smoking and Merry Christmas.

hey there everyone :) i am going to take some clones today, i'm goin with oasis cubes this time and had a question, i want to heat up my cloning chamber with something available so i'm gona add a 75watt incadescent lamp in there and my question is would it provide the clones with their needed light? i know they dont need much light but i also know they need some light, i know that a compact fluro of like 18 watt is equivalent to 100w incadescent light but im not sure if that lamp would give the plant beneficial light that can keep them cloning or maybe it will give more light than i would need? anyone ever tried this? thanks ;)

I followed Hal's tutorial and I got 14 out of 16 with roots showing...

1st time

right on brutha;)

congrats cmd, looks like this is the way to do it.

i'm thinking about taking some clones, but i'm wondering, how long can you keep clones alive without actually planting them?
i'd like to have a stock of clones of certain strains that i like a lot, but i only want to grow 4-6 plants at a a time... thanks

you can keep em in fridge only for few weeks andeven then somemight not make it. only way to keep a stock longtime is by growing a mom ;)

Are you attaching pics from a phone? If so how ? I can't seem to attach anything

Latest posts

Back