Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha !--Another toke I might need a tether so I don't get lost --What the hell !--I'm in !

Going out to the compost pile see what shape it is in after winter. Going to add ammendments and get my new pot filled up.. Have a hundred or so roses to prune...how is that going to happen. time to pull them and put in arborvitae...lol NOT.. Old rosarians... sheesh.

What up Hippie ? -- Right here --Right Now !-- I'm good !--- D.D. off to the doctor shortly !--After the last couple days I'm not hurting so much !-- I'll get and do stuff later !--Maybe ?

Bernie Sanders said pretty much the samething Hippie when asked about his belives. He said he believes, ,,not in a god,,but to do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Very good answer. Like the guy. Has a good heart.

I appreciate you and your thoughts Keef. I guess it is life changing..Our daughter and son in law are coming for a few days.. I told her i wouldn't be entertaining... she will have to make her own espresso. lol My birthday is Sunday and they are coming for that. That is why mr rb made me the cool raised garden box... nice of him... Truthfully, I am kinda worried it will be too much.. the company.. I hope not.
now that your turning 21 you can go to the bars and clubs.

keef what kind of air stones do you use? i took a small bowl, cut out the lid ans filled with rocks. run my air line through the bottom side and put a piece of micro cloth over the top. seems to work ok but i'm going to have to go bigger to fill the whole bucket with bubbles.

Giggy, you don't really need to fill the bucket with bubbles. The air stone doesn't really put air in the water; it agitates the surface of the water, which makes for a larger contact surface to enable the water to absorb oxygen at the surface.

I use a 2 inch stone from Amazon ---- An aquarium bubbler air stone will probably work fine for what U doing !---Cost U about a dollar ! --

Hippie U a smart Old Fart !--I've seen some vicious arguments about the size on bubbles and all sort of crap about disolved O2 levels --- That's not even where most of the gas exchange occurs !--- The bubble just stirring it up so no place is stagnate !

My aero boxes are pretty well sealed without a bubbler pumping fresh air into my boxes it wouldn't matter that my roots were being sprayed there would soon be no O2 in the box for any gas exchange and the plants would die !-- Since my boxes are sealed I don't need much in humidity control !--There is no evaporation from my boxes unless it goes thru a plant first so no high humidity after watering and stuff since I don't have to water !---My biggest problem right now is when the plants get bud heavy the tend to fall over because of the 2 inch cup they in is not sturdy enough to hold them up !-- May go to 4 inch pots with clay balls just to add weight to the bottom of the plant !--Or put up a screen like Hippie's SCROG just to support them !---
Another thing I have sensed an under current about lights !---Don't care U do it your way I'll do it my way !--

I believe that is there more than one way to grow. I embrace all the paths to dank. This is where newbies miss the mark and what confuses them. Which path do you follow?

No doubt Umbra !-- I got one foot in dirt the other in water !--I have my girls backed up in Happy Frog !--Just got to find that balance of nature and nurture !--- Enough of the right kind of light from whatever device and the right mix of nutes available --from whatever source --a little loving care and the plant will give U it's best !

Just heard a saying. Sums up life pretty good.
"For every mile of road, there are two miles of ditches."

Hippie do U still use a circulating pump and fountain or something !
Yep. My current veg tank holds around seven gallons, and the res tank might be one gallon. The res has an air stone and a 190 gallon per hour submersible pump in it. She does a complete exchange every three minutes if my math isn't too screwed up. I'm high.:)

I ain't smart, either! Just ask my wife!

I learned of the air/water exchange when I got into tropical fish as a kid. You take a tank that's 12" wide by 12" long by 4' tall, you can stick a half a dozen little fish in it. Take the same dimensions, 12" wide by 4' long by 12" high, you can support thirty or more of the same size fish. Same water volume, but more surface area when you lay it down. Surface in the first tank is one square foot, while the long, short tank has four square feet of surface area. More surface = more oxygen.

I'll shut up now. Told ya I was high!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back