Post up if you pre soak or straight to soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

000StankDank000

Reaction score
So it has been said that a lot of people don't use paper towel method to germ seeds they go straight to soil.

So post up if you use a method or just go straight to soil.

I use the paper towel method

Shot glass method, distilled water with a drop of hydrogen peroxide into a sterilized glass, once cracked into soil using sterile tweezers, down 3/8 inch, kept @ 78-86 degrees till heads poke through.

soil. I always thought what Manalaseeds.com says about germinating made too much since to do it any other way... We old hippies you know.

Farmer, i am sorry i copied you. Great minds think a like and forget what they just read, i guess. sorry to repeat.

I soak in water 24 hrs and then in soil with great results. Nobody gets 100 %. All the time.

soil. I always thought what Manalaseeds.com says about germinating made too much since to do it any other way... We old hippies you know.

Farmer, i am sorry i copied you. Great minds think a like and forget what they just read, i guess. sorry to repeat.

no problem! :)

ps, I read somewhere in here today that you have an arizer solo, and recently had the battery changed??? Can I ask you more about this?

I go with the Mother Nature way.

paper towel
been working for me for decades. why fix what aint broke ;)
:)

First, slight scarification, using an empty toilet paper roll and sand paper. Then into Sunshine Mix #4 in 2 1/2 - 3 inch coco coir pots. When ready, it all goes into 6 inch coco coir pots, then into 5 gallon pots. No more crushed roots from tweezers, no more transplant shock. Trail and error has taught me this method to my madness. Just my way. Use whatever way you are comfortable with, as the results are what`s important. Later. Peace.

I posted this just to get a feel as to what people use as a Tech. It seems people use what they like and what gives them best results.

All 5 of my jack herer broke soil and are happy seedlings from paper towel method 100%
Thanks guys

I plant directly into the medium because every time you handle a popped seed, you risk damaging the root or passing pathogens to the seed. Just recently we had someone who germed in paper towel and all popped, but had some of them not make it through the soil. When seeds open, but fail to survive when planted, I usually figure that the seed was somehow damaged in the transplant, if it is taken care of afterwards.

http://www.mandalaseeds.com/Guides/Germination-Guide

straight to soil amigo!

almost always have 100%

peace :)

I go with the Mother Nature way.

I plant directly into the medium because every time you handle a popped seed, you risk damaging the root or passing pathogens to the seed. Just recently we had someone who germed in paper towel and all popped, but had some of them not make it through the soil. When seeds open, but fail to survive when planted, I usually figure that the seed was somehow damaged in the transplant, if it is taken care of afterwards.

You have gardeners ^^^^^ who treat MJ as a typical flowering annual like just about all garden plants.

OR

You have those who think MJ is some sort of atypical plant that needs special attention throughout its life cycle. Usually from sketchy information on the web or, someone wanting to sell you something, or both.

My best results with mj came after I started ignoring mj advice and treating them just as the container veggies that I had been growing for years.

YMMV .... But, whatever works well for you.

Wet

That is an extremely good post right there, top notch gardens all giving the same advice.

I germ in moist paper towel on a paper plate inside a big zip lock bag.I put it under a cfl and it works great.no problems although I do recommend breathing in deep through your nose n exhaling out your mouth to fill the bags with air,then zip lock them tight so all that airs locked in.

I put my seeds into rockwool cubes, in a dome placed in a warm spot. Once the roots start poking through, I put the cube directly into soil. I did the paper towel thing for years, but I'd occasionally break the tap root. I do the same with clones.

I used to do paper towels with pretty good success but this time trying it straight in the dirt as per mandala seed's instructions.

been about 24 hours have seeds I found in a bag. got a dixie cup of dirt with the seed in the grow tent under the light. so far nothing

Takes longer...hang in, if they aren't too old they should sprout for ya.

Have straight to dirt, and paper toweled.. Last year I totally stunted one by fubaring the transfer from paper towel to dirt. It totally grew out of the dirt sideways. That is after stalling out and not doing anything for like 3 weeks. Straight to dirt is my preferred method

oasis cubes are my favorites, very high rate, very easy to transplant

Latest posts

Back