Satori.... how long do you flower yours?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackerman

Reaction score
How long do you flower your Satori. And what color are the trichs when you harvest?

Thanks

Also, just out of curiosity, has anyone ever mentioned what the word Satori means? It's actually a Japanese word.

Definition of SATORI

: sudden enlightenment and a state of consciousness attained by intuitive illumination representing the spiritual goal of Zen Buddhism

Must be good pot. LOL

I take mine at 63 days with no amber, mostly cloudy. And she is her name. great description. I just really like Mandala and love satori. You are gonna have fun.

Nice to see you Hackerman. Gonna show us a pic?

Yes, having studied Buddhism, I do know that Satori means. That was part of what made me choose Satori in the first place--I liked what the name meant. That coupled with the description from Mandala was how Satori ended up in my closet.

Like Rosebud, I take her at 9 weeks with mostly cloudy trichs and no amber. It is the uppity energetic high that I am looking for from Satori. I am at 8+ weeks with one now and will be taking her down this weekend or the first of the week.

Hope you enjoy her! If you take her at 9 weeks though be sure not to smoke her at night--you may find yourself up at 2 in the morning making a hydro system or cleaning out cupboards.

Or painting a wall, or thinking about how to go about world peace... Dangerous to do at night.

Awesome. That's a pretty solid argument for 9 weeks. LMAO

I'll post some pics as soon as I get a minute. My life is crazy right now. I planted 4 seeds and it looks like all 4 are female. They are about 5 weeks and I am seeing pretty definite preflower on all of them.

Odd looking plant for a Sativa. Giant broad leaves sure show the Indica in her.

I gave a little too much nute early and they turned real dark green and the leaves got real rough and "scratchy". I cut back to just plain water and CalMag and they are doing fine, now. Another week or so and I'll cut clones and put these to flower.

The reason I was asking about how long she matures is in hopes that my 9 week old clones won't be too big to fit in the flower room by the time the mothers are done maturing. Seems I always have a slight overlap in time when I do the perpetual garden thing. LOL Most strains take 8 weeks or more and my 8 week old plants in veg are always slightly past the best size to start flowering by then. I need to add another room. LMAO I am hoping to get divorce pretty soon so I'll be moving and making all new grow rooms.

Well congrats on the divorce and a new grow room. Sorry for the stress that must bring.I I have that same problem with keeping clones. It drives me nuts. Then i take 3 cuttings and they all take and I can't toss um.. greedy or dumb? Then they are huge. too big to flower, repot..blah blah blah. Someday before i die i will get it figured out.

I'm the same way. I only have proper room for 16 plants. A 4x4 room. 2 gallon pots. Works great.

However, I have 6 mothers and I'll take 6 clones from each (just to make sure. And, that's exactly how many that fit comfortably in my clone closet). What will happen is that all 36 clones will take and I'll only have room to flower 16. LMAO

I can never compost a healthy plant. I just can't bring myself to do it. LOL I juiced the last 4 plants I had to toss rather than just toss them. LOL That juice is some nasty stuff. LOL

Thanks for the stress wish. I deal real well with stress. Had it since I was born (at least as far as I can remember. LOL) so it doesn't really bother me any more. Actually, nothing bothers me any more. LOL At least, not longer than 5 minutes or so. LOL Thank God for Marijuana. LOL

I am hoping the Satori is a little speedy. They said that about the Cinderella99 and I don't notice it to be especially so. Although, friends say it is. And, I am up until 3 or 4AM every night anyway so I might not notice.

I have my first Skunk strain growing. I am anxious to see the taste from a Skunk strain. I am searching for a specific taste and I have not found it yet in the 6 or 8 strains I have grown. I am hoping this is it.

Thanks again for the answers on the maturity time. It's always nice to have a place to ask questions and get solid answers.

There are some amber

I always pluck my plants at the first sign of amber. A lot of clear may stall me a little but not much. I don't bother trying to track age any more, it's just like the strains, I always lose the tag or mix it up with another tag anyways, it's hopeless. God bless visual cues.

I think that when you take her depends on what you are looking for. I want a speedy up high, so take her at 9 weeks. Waiting longer will make her a little less uppity.

I think that when you take her depends on what you are looking for. I want a speedy up high, so take her at 9 weeks. Waiting longer will make her a little less uppity.

Good point. I wish I'd read this before I harvested my haze. My first sign of amber rule just went out the window for sativas. I'll have to remember this when I try this Satoria.
It's 2 am and I'm off to transplant...

Shucks!!!!

In the blink of an eye.......

I watch my plants every day. It's a hobby for me. I play with them and enjoy my time with them. How could I not have seen these developing. These pods look a week old. No way I would have missed 2 male plants out of only 6 total plants. These pods have to have formed almost overnight. I have not done any breeding for a long time but I know what a male looks like. Geeze, I can't believe it.

The bad news is.... I found one pod that had already opened. And, I know one pod can pollinate an entire room.

These plants have only been in 12/12 for 1 week so there are not any real flowers yet. A couple pistils. But I know that those little pollen boys are going to sit around on the leaves and walls just waiting for a flower to pollinate. I remember doing the exact same thing at High School dances. ;)

Not the end of the world, I guess. These are just the mothers for my next few crops so if they do pollinate, I guess I'll just have Satori seeds out the butt. LOL

The other 2 plants are Sleestack Skunk. That might be a nice cross for Satori, anyway. LOL

I must say, these Satori plants are the shortest, stockiest Sativa plants I've ever seen. The Skunk is a Christmas tree in comparison to the Satori. Sure looks like an Indica to me. Real broad leaves. ???

Oh well, it's all good, They sure are healthy and strong.

View attachment male-1.jpg

View attachment male-2.jpg

Oh man, holy balls! Bummer. Satori does have huge fan leaves. She doesn't grow like a sativa, now we tell ya huh.

Satori seeds... nice.

Wow!! I have never seen a strain clone so fast. I have 12 Satori clones and 12 Skunk clones that were cut at the same time.

I am seeing about normal growth on the Skunk. It's been a week and 2 days and the Skunk have a few roots showing here and there (I use clear cups for cloning).

However, most of the Satori clones already have roots filling the bottom of the cups and the sides are starting to fill up. Unbelievable for only one week.

Another thing. The Skunk stretched about a foot the first week when I went 12/12. About normal for a 3 foot plant. The Satori didn't stretch hardly at all. Maybe they are late stretchers and will catch up to the Skunk but so far I have had to put the Satori on milk crates just to keep them the same height as the Skunk.

Strange plant. Seems perfect for indoor growing. I hope I like the taste. We'll know in a couple months. LOL

These Satori are certainly a strange plant. I got 2 VERY different phenos from the 2 female plants I got. And, apparently, the males didn't party with them because they are only a few weeks away from harvest and I have not seen any seeds yet.

However, from you peeps that grow Satori, I have one pheno that is really cool, in a way. It grows in height about 1/2 the height of the other plants but has just as many branches. I have never seen a pot plant with so many nodes in such a short area. The plant is less than 2 feet tall (measured from the top of the dirt to the top of the bud).

And, what was really strange is that it didn't stretch when put to 12/12. I mean, not even an inch. It is about 2 or 3 inches taller than is was but only because of the bud that is piling up on top.

Totally amazing plant. I'll take a pic later when the lights come on and show you what I mean.

And, the clones are holding true to mom. They are about 1/2 the height of all the other clones but have just as many nodes.

I'm not 100% sure this is good or bad. LOL The yield looks like it will be about the same as the bigger plants (probably 4 to 5 ounces per plant) but I am already worried about mold. And the top buds are getting so think you'll be able to pound nails with them with they are dry.

On the other hand, this solves my major problem of always having my veg stage go too long while waiting for the previous crop to finish their flowering stage. The clones from her are almost 7 weeks old and are less than a foot tall.

I'll post a pic in a few hours but I am wondering if you other Satori growers have experienced this same thing. Or, if this pheno is the red-headed step child.

One of the things I love about Satori is the sativa high without the ranginess of a sativa. She has such nice close internodal spacing and tight dense buds. Mandala says that Satori "possesses a good measure of mold resistance".

I believe that most of us that have grown Satori have gotten different phenos. Most of mine though are medium sized plants with close internodal spacing and huge fan leaves.

Great pics Rosebud

Latest posts

Back